Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
Nice Clips and Great numbers!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by NGS_E55
I'm new here but follow to follow your exploits. You say you are a computer novice but you are the same guy who wants to buy his own star computer, ironic.....lol

ps: I look forward to your star-parties. I'm in LA.

Mike
I never said anything about doing the work. I want to own one, but not be the one that does the work. I am computer stupid. I woul dnever be dumb enough to do any installs on your car.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by jangy
It was definitely a sweet night. As it turned out, we had some cool weather, so I think that helped.
Jay took a run or two to get the Drag radials dialed in and also heated up. I wasn't too happy with his first or second burnouts or his launch reactions. But man, after that, had the thing dialed in. i was very proud. He was hitting the lights perfect and blasting out of the gate! I do have some video footage that i will post later (gotta upload first) and it clearly shows his improvement form well over 9 seconds on his first run. He was basically nocking a tenth of a second off each run. Very well done Jay!! You represented us well.
12 seconds for an E55 with NoNameTech Stage 1 may not be that impressive (as a stock E55 is "supposed" to run those numbers), but Jay's car was in full effect. No way would a stock E55 pull those numbers at this track. It is historically known as a slow track (as are most in our immediate area). I'm pretty confident that Jay would have run some sweet times at a track back east or up north, where the overall numbers are better. He mentioned the 996TT. It was getting 9.2 second runs, so it was not even close!!
Yo what 's up w/your car Jangster?

I'll be in LA on Friday night meet up?

Also regular westcoast NON SEA LEVEL TRACKS E55's in stock trim run 12.50-12.70' all those sub 12 runs and 12.00-12.20 1/4's in E55k STOCK are only at those super SEA LEVEL tracks, even Ranger the great C6 Z06 driver captured all his best times at those famous great! SEA LEVEL running tracks, 10.85 no one else in the west or track w/higher DA can recreate those #'s stock.

Just had to add that, and I've been still trying to meet up w/Vadim for weeks?? others have tried as well he always has school or something damnit!
I gave him carte blanche! anytime anywhere to see how the Vette will do against E55k stock, also got 2, 63 amg locals cell #'s going to try n set something up this Friday!!!!! 1 of 'em got to show

Maybe you can come out?

Last edited by Thericker; 03-15-2007 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:58 AM

07 S65
Congrats on the nice runs Jay! Your car seems to be flying. Man, is that the closest to the track you guys can get out there? You guys do have it tough. We have a couple of old school tracks over here where we can get right next to the Jersey wall.

Originally Posted by Thericker
even Ranger the great C6 Z06 driver captured all his best times at those famous great! SEA LEVEL running tracks, 10.85 no one else in the west or track w/higher DA can recreate those #'s stock.
This is almost Gustav stuff. This guy is in our neck of the woods. I just don't buy they hole stock bit. No way no how. The guy has increased his mph with every pass? This is the first car I've ever seen bolt on drag radials and he ran a faster mph, not by 1 tick but 3-4 mph? You aren't going to gain that kind of mph by bolting on tires. Generally speaking your mph will go down as you eat up more track and get there quicker not go up.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by DJE55
This is almost Gustav stuff. This guy is in our neck of the woods. I just don't buy they hole stock bit. No way no how. The guy has increased his mph with every pass? This is the first car I've ever seen bolt on drag radials and he ran a faster mph, not by 1 tick but 3-4 mph? You aren't going to gain that kind of mph by bolting on tires. Generally speaking your mph will go down as you eat up more track and get there quicker not go up.
I wouldn't call bs on it. If he is able to launch harder with drag radials, that means he is already carrying more speed at the 60' mark. Plus, we are not talking about comparing runs at the same track on the same day with and without DR's. My traps can vary by 2mph from track to track and on different days. Maybe the day he ran with his DR's he had much better air and a tail wind.

My MPH did not go down with my quickest e.t. To the contrary, it went up. My car has run a 12.2 @ 115.X, and an 11.9 @ 117.x.

The only thing close to BS about it is when everyone assumes that any Z06 is going to run 10's on DR's and low 11's bone stock no matter who is driving it. It sure can be done. I have seen it done. But you need to be a hell of a driver to do it. Ranger, DrRon and some others from the vette boards can do it. I know I can't.

Still - no matter how you slice it - that car can move.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
even Ranger the great C6 Z06 driver captured all his best times at those famous great! SEA LEVEL running tracks, 10.85 no one else in the west or track w/higher DA can recreate those #'s stock.
Ricker - I actually spoke with Ranger about this when I saw him at Atco last year. He logs his timeslips and keeps track of the DA for his runs. While he said that without question, if given the choice between a a low DA and a high DA, he'd choose the former, he does not believe based on his data that the impact is that great.

Trying to recall his explanation, on runs with a difference of about 2,000 in DA (minus 500 to plus 1500) his e.t difference was 3/00's of a second. I was surprised to hear that. But seeing how meticulous he is in his data collection, I believe him.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by enzom
Ricker - I actually spoke with Ranger about this when I saw him at Atco last year. He logs his timeslips and keeps track of the DA for his runs. While he said that without question, if given the choice between a a low DA and a high DA, he'd choose the former, he does not believe based on his data that the impact is that great.

Trying to recall his explanation, on runs with a difference of about 2,000 in DA (minus 500 to plus 1500) his e.t difference was 3/00's of a second. I was surprised to hear that. But seeing how meticulous he is in his data collection, I believe him.
Some one on the corvette board said his best et came at a da of 120 at a sea-level track. The best da for me at moroso has been 150 with temps in the low 50's not common for South Florida. Highest da for me has been 3500 to 4000 at the same track. It definitely made a bigger difference than 3/00's of a second at least for me.

One thing to keep in mind is that the da will change throughout the day so teams usually check it at the starting line before a pass.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:27 AM

07 S65
I wouldn't call bs on it. If he is able to launch harder with drag radials, that means he is already carrying more speed at the 60' mark.
The harder you launch the car and more the car hooks, the quicker (not faster) you will get down the track. In most every case where you have your quickest ET, it's not your fastest trap speed. He's car traps over 4mph faster than the average stock car? I've been to the track and seen his car run as well and I don't buy it. I've been around drag racing all my life and what he claims and what his numbers show goes against everything I've ever seen in drag racing. I agree the guy can drive, I agree the car is a beast, I don't buy the car is stock.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by DJE55
The harder you launch the car and more the car hooks, the quicker (not faster) you will get down the track. In most every case where you have your quickest ET, it's not your fastest trap speed. He's car traps over 4mph faster than the average stock car? I've been to the track and seen his car run as well and I don't buy it. I've been around drag racing all my life and what he claims and what his numbers show goes against everything I've ever seen in drag racing. I agree the guy can drive, I agree the car is a beast, I don't buy the car is stock.
He was driving someone else's car at Atco and going through the traps 3 mph faster than another bone stock car there. I don't know whether his personal car is stock or not. But he took someone else's supposedly bone stock Z and was trapping 3 mph higher than another equally quick bone stock Z. He knows how to get the most out of any Z.

I'm not arguing with you about the general correlation between e/t's and traps. That was my belief as well. But I have my own time slips that show me running both faster and quicker when my car hooks. Next time I go to e-town, I will use the same launch technique that got me my 11.90's at Atco and see how my time and speeds compare to other e-town runs.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Yo what 's up w/your car Jangster?

I'll be in LA on Friday night meet up?

Also regular westcoast NON SEA LEVEL TRACKS E55's in stock trim run 12.50-12.70' all those sub 12 runs and 12.00-12.20 1/4's in E55k STOCK are only at those super SEA LEVEL tracks, even Ranger the great C6 Z06 driver captured all his best times at those famous great! SEA LEVEL running tracks, 10.85 no one else in the west or track w/higher DA can recreate those #'s stock.

Just had to add that, and I've been still trying to meet up w/Vadim for weeks?? others have tried as well he always has school or something damnit!
I gave him carte blanche! anytime anywhere to see how the Vette will do against E55k stock, also got 2, 63 amg locals cell #'s going to try n set something up this Friday!!!!! 1 of 'em got to show

Maybe you can come out?

What up dude. Give me another week or so and your dreams to race a stock E55 can come true.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by jangy
What up dude. Give me another week or so and your dreams to race a stock E55 can come true.
damn kool bro! I know you'll more than likely beat me, but as your E55k is a stronger than norm, my C6 is too! lets get 'er done!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:14 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S
I pulled two slips from my runs in comparable weather. I was running with PS2's, with better 60' times, but the 1/8th time and speed are comparable to yours.

On a run where I went throught the 1/8th in 7.751 secs @ 91.56 mph, I finished with an 11.986 @ 117.22. On another run where I ran through at 7.759 sec @ 91.01, I finished with a 12.019 @ 116.60

I think your run was probably a 12.0 run. Nice.
Just curious, in general what techniques are you guys using to launch the car? Do you have traction off? Do you let the tranny shift or do you use the manual mode? These are pretty quick times for stock cars and I'm looking to take the wagon out to the track at one of the MIR Days and see what it will do but am interested in any guidance.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by red60R
Just curious, in general what techniques are you guys using to launch the car? Do you have traction off? Do you let the tranny shift or do you use the manual mode? These are pretty quick times for stock cars and I'm looking to take the wagon out to the track at one of the MIR Days and see what it will do but am interested in any guidance.
Suspension in Comfort mode, transmission in S mode, ESP on. I lower the rears to 22 lbs. I don't touch the fronts. I like to have more than 1/4 tank in the car to put some weight over the rears.

I do a burnout in the waterbox. If you can back into it, that method is better. Obviously, you need to turn off the ESP to do your burnout. Put the ESP back on when you're done.

Now the key is to relax. Unless you are running brackets, what the guy next to you does is not really important. So worry about your launch, and not your "race".

Line up. DO NOT PRELOAD THE TRANSMISSION. Unless you are running DR's, you will just spin or trip the ESP and bog. When you are ready to go, just release the brake and roll quickly into the throttle. Don't stomp the gas, but get to the floorboard within a half second. Then hold on. Make sure that you are completely off the brakes before flooring it.

The approach is counterintuitive, because you are always wanting to preload a bit as the lights start running down the tree. But there is so much torque down there that you can launch the thing at idle and still blow out of the gate.

Good luck.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
is there a DA calculator online?

his DA for that 10.8 run was -850.....

http://www.dragtimes.com/2006-Chevro...pecs-8071.html

Originally Posted by rflow306
Some one on the corvette board said his best et came at a da of 120 at a sea-level track. The best da for me at moroso has been 150 with temps in the low 50's not common for South Florida. Highest da for me has been 3500 to 4000 at the same track. It definitely made a bigger difference than 3/00's of a second at least for me.

One thing to keep in mind is that the da will change throughout the day so teams usually check it at the starting line before a pass.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:17 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S
Suspension in Comfort mode, transmission in S mode, ESP on. I lower the rears to 22 lbs. I don't touch the fronts. I like to have more than 1/4 tank in the car to put some weight over the rears.

I do a burnout in the waterbox. If you can back into it, that method is better. Obviously, you need to turn off the ESP to do your burnout. Put the ESP back on when you're done.

Now the key is to relax. Unless you are running brackets, what the guy next to you does is not really important. So worry about your launch, and not your "race".

Line up. DO NOT PRELOAD THE TRANSMISSION. Unless you are running DR's, you will just spin or trip the ESP and bog. When you are ready to go, just release the brake and roll quickly into the throttle. Don't stomp the gas, but get to the floorboard within a half second. Then hold on. Make sure that you are completely off the brakes before flooring it.

The approach is counterintuitive, because you are always wanting to preload a bit as the lights start running down the tree. But there is so much torque down there that you can launch the thing at idle and still blow out of the gate.

Good luck.
Thanks.....sounds a lot easier than launching a modded sti :-)