Sponsored by:

MBUSA Contact Person for Service Issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBUSA Contact Person for Service Issue?

Anyone know who the contact person at MBUSA would be for a mechanical service issue that can't be resolved at my local dealer level? I am on a letter writing campaign but need to know who to send it to.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
MBUSA contact info

You should file the complaint by phone first, then by letter. Everytime I called MBUSA and told them about an issue that is not being resolved by my local dealership, they call the dealership and get resolved in 24 hours!!!
Usually after I call MBUSA for a complaint, I get a call from my dealership's service manager next day asking me to bring the car back and telling me that he will personally see to it that all issues are resolved.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Each state has very specific protocls that must be followed if your intention is to lemon law the car.
Just to summarize them:
1- You need to have the documentation to demonstrate that you do indeed qualify. No disrespect meant, as I know how frustrating it can get, but you simply not being "happy" means NOTHING. The car either fits the profile of a lemon or it does not. We do not define what a lemon is. The law does.
2- You need to show that you have Asked MBUSA to review yo9ur record and respond as to if they interpret the records the same way you do.
3- If you disagree, you either accept why and continue to allow them to fix it or you get a lawyer. No lawyer will touch your case if you do not qualify.

Keep your emotions out of this and understand that phone calls mean nothing. California lemon law states that you must specifically place a demand for action. It is not up to MBUSA to just notice that yours is. Once they have been notified, they will respond.

The dealership CAN NOT make that determination. All they can do is act as a liason for communication.

Keep a cool head. Understand it will not be resolved in a day. Follow the rules and MBUSA will abide by the law. They are not in the business of ripping you off, no matter how much we all love conspiracy theories.

Do not make it personal with any entity. If that happens, then you will need to bypass that person and that is when you should be on here asking for contacts. Many here have them, including me, but there is no way we will just spread those numbers around without knowing that your intentions are true.

Hope that helps. Again, no disrespect meant. I am just keeping it real.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well in Texas you just have to fill out a 4 page "application" if you meet the requirements of the TX lemon law statute and file a written complaint with the dealer. From there, the case is reviewed for merit by a panel which will mediate the deal.

Jangy, all i was asking for was a contact person at MBUSA to forward my written complaint to as required by the statute. You can keep your top secret contacts to yourself.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmithmd
Anyone know who the contact person at MBUSA would be for a mechanical service issue that can't be resolved at my local dealer level? I am on a letter writing campaign but need to know who to send it to.
Call the MBUSA toll free # and they will alert your local district service rep if you ask them to and generally he holds all the cards; MB very rarely goes against his recommendations.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Well in Texas you just have to fill out a 4 page "application" if you meet the requirements of the TX lemon law statute and file a written complaint with the dealer. From there, the case is reviewed for merit by a panel which will mediate the deal.

Jangy, all i was asking for was a contact person at MBUSA to forward my written complaint to as required by the statute. You can keep your top secret contacts to yourself.
Sorry, I just had to do that in response to your comment to Mr. Know Everything There Ever Was To Know About Everything.

Now, Dr. Smith, I presume, first off, I wish you a ton of good luck. I am not optimistic that any MB representative is going to give any assistance.

Please allow me to offer some of my own Top Secret contact info. My contact info is at the bottom of this post. I wrote a letter to MBUSA when a local dealership damaged my car and attempted to cover it up by doing a sloppy repair job while I was in the customer lounge without informing me of their actions. I noticed the work and a major confrontation ensued. I wrote a letter to MBUSA at the following address to see if they were willing to provide some assistance on my behalf. As you can see by their response, they could not care less.

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
Customer Assistance Center
3 Paragon Drive
Montvale, N.J. 07645

The following is their response.

Dear Mr. xxxxxx

We regret to learn of the matter that prompted you to contact us and offer our sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced. However, lacking direct involvement in the actual occurrence with xxxxxxx Motorcars, prevents us from commenting on this matter specifically.

As you may know, authorized Mercedes-Benz dealers are privately owned businesses, solely responsible for their daily business affairs. As, such, your letter has been forwarded to to the management of xxxxxxxx Motorcars for whatever action they may deem appropriate. We suggest you contact Mr. xxxxxx, Service Director with xxxxxxxx Motorcars, for assistance; he may be reached at 214 xxx-xxx.

Sincerely,

/s/

Louis Grillo
Customer Relations Liaison
Old 03-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212

OK, go ahead and follow the advice you get from the hater (can't drive) and you may even luck out and get the exact same response.

I assumed you actually wanted to get this settled without extra headache. I didn't realize that you were just too lazy to read the manual that came with your car.

LOL!! I love it. Talk all you want. You damn right they stay secret. Why would anyone share in this case?

Just to appease the previously mentioned hater, I have actually never had to go to the "application" or the mediary board, so I have no clue how that works. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that MBUSA has already decided to dispute your frivolous case if it has gotten that far. Mine just always got settled with a simple letter.

Fight away, and enjoy yourself. Just don't post that it was resolved as can't drive will be PISSED!!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by can drive 55
Sorry, I just had to do that in response to your comment to Mr. Know Everything There Ever Was To Know About Everything.

Just curious if you have EVER contributed anything?

Edit: How about we each review eachother's posts and call BS where it fits. If your imlication has merit, then you should easily be able to show I'm off and just yap. If it bothers you that I actually do post the truth when it is asked, then I'm confused on what you would prefer to see? A forum without posts?

Last edited by jangy; 03-12-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65

Now, Dr. Smith, I presume, first off, I wish you a ton of good luck. I am not optimistic that any MB representative is going to give any assistance.

Please allow me to offer some of my own Top Secret contact info. My contact info is at the bottom of this post. I wrote a letter to MBUSA when a local dealership damaged my car and attempted to cover it up by doing a sloppy repair job while I was in the customer lounge without informing me of their actions. I noticed the work and a major confrontation ensued. I wrote a letter to MBUSA at the following address to see if they were willing to provide some assistance on my behalf. As you can see by their response, they could not care less.

Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
Customer Assistance Center
3 Paragon Drive
Montvale, N.J. 07645

The following is their response.

Dear Mr. xxxxxx

We regret to learn of the matter that prompted you to contact us and offer our sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced. However, lacking direct involvement in the actual occurrence with xxxxxxx Motorcars, prevents us from commenting on this matter specifically.

As you may know, authorized Mercedes-Benz dealers are privately owned businesses, solely responsible for their daily business affairs. As, such, your letter has been forwarded to to the management of xxxxxxxx Motorcars for whatever action they may deem appropriate. We suggest you contact Mr. xxxxxx, Service Director with xxxxxxxx Motorcars, for assistance; he may be reached at 214 xxx-xxx.

Sincerely,

/s/

Louis Grillo
Customer Relations Liaison
While we have not heard what tsmithmd's issue is with his AMG, he may have better luck than you did.

Mercedes dealers in the US (with the exception of one or two) are independently owned. Regardless of if we like this or not, if they bang up your car or steal something out of it, your beef is with the dealer not Mercedes.

If you bought a used AMG from a broker and you brought it back for them to service and they crash into it with another car, are you going to call Mercedes or have it out with the Broker?

The issue is basically the same. With that said, some dealers are certainly better than others and will go farther than other to keep their customers happy.

I side with Jangy on this one. Be nice, document everything, talk to MBUSA and then when it is time to not be nice you have all of your paperwork in order.

Ciao!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
While Jangy may not be polished on all of his posts his intentions are good. I just wanted anyone who read this to understand that. This is a forum for information and generally members are kind enough to over inform. Trust me, Jangy doesnt know everything about everything nor does he imply that he does. Thats would be reserved for me
Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
Just curious if you have EVER contributed anything?

Edit: How about we each review eachother's posts and call BS where it fits. If your imlication has merit, then you should easily be able to show I'm off and just yap. If it bothers you that I actually do post the truth when it is asked, then I'm confused on what you would prefer to see? A forum without posts?
I am sure I have contributed something of great value at some point in time. However, I am not in any kind of contest with you or anyone else, so I will yield to you and say you are the clear winner in content posting. I was just interjecting some humor into an already frustrating situation on Dr. Smith’s behalf. I see that you are not receptive to such comments and I will refrain from doing so in the future. You, on the other hand, may feel free to say anything you desire about me. I could not care in the least what someone types on a forum about me, my car, my family, or anything else. It is just print on a screen. Sorry if I made you upset.

Originally Posted by Schiznick
While we have not heard what tsmithmd's issue is with his AMG, he may have better luck than you did.

Mercedes dealers in the US (with the exception of one or two) are independently owned. Regardless of if we like this or not, if they bang up your car or steal something out of it, your beef is with the dealer not Mercedes.

If you bought a used AMG from a broker and you brought it back for them to service and they crash into it with another car, are you going to call Mercedes or have it out with the Broker?

The issue is basically the same. With that said, some dealers are certainly better than others and will go farther than other to keep their customers happy.

I side with Jangy on this one. Be nice, document everything, talk to MBUSA and then when it is time to not be nice you have all of your paperwork in order.

Ciao!

Dr. Smith (making an assumption here based on the screen name) stated in another thread that he took his car in for a maintenance problem and the dealership changed some parts on different occasions and did not fix the problem. I understand that his complaint is with having an MB with a maintenance problem that has yet to be resolved and not one that the dealership has caused, as was the case in my example. BTW, the dealership did give me a new wheel and tire and I consider the case closed and properly taken care of. I was just not too optimistic that MBUSA would be willing to jump into the situation with both feet and take charge. I certainly hope that is not the case, as any one of us might have a similar condition and it would be refreshing to find out that MBUSA takes an active interest in customer service.

Originally Posted by Vic55
While Jangy may not be polished on all of his posts his intentions are good. I just wanted anyone who read this to understand that. This is a forum for information and generally members are kind enough to over inform. Trust me, Jangy doesnt know everything about everything nor does he imply that he does. Thats would be reserved for me

Point well taken. You won’t have to mention it to me again. My apologies for creating a disturbance. That is not my intention here.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I am sure I have contributed something of great value at some point in time. However, I am not in any kind of contest with you or anyone else, so I will yield to you and say you are the clear winner in content posting. I was just interjecting some humor into an already frustrating situation on Dr. Smith’s behalf. I see that you are not receptive to such comments and I will refrain from doing so in the future. You, on the other hand, may feel free to say anything you desire about me. I could not care in the least what someone types on a forum about me, my car, my family, or anything else. It is just print on a screen. Sorry if I made you upset.
I apologize for my attitude. I have had my own issues of late and I took it out on this thread. Let's just call it even and move on.

As for the initial poster's attitude, sorry. I was trying to help. I had no clue what your issue was and to be honest it doesn't matter. How you go about things is as important as what you are going about. It is the how that i was helping with. I didn't mean to imply that the contacts were secret. In fact, it was a hint to you to try the "normal" path and let us help if that fails. The simple truth is that my contacts would be far less responsive if I called each and every day moaning about one issue or another so i am careful with using my wild cards. I hope you get your issue resolved to your liking.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Check your PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by jangy
I apologize for my attitude. I have had my own issues of late and I took it out on this thread. Let's just call it even and move on.

As for the initial poster's attitude, sorry. I was trying to help. I had no clue what your issue was and to be honest it doesn't matter. How you go about things is as important as what you are going about. It is the how that i was helping with. I didn't mean to imply that the contacts were secret. In fact, it was a hint to you to try the "normal" path and let us help if that fails. The simple truth is that my contacts would be far less responsive if I called each and every day moaning about one issue or another so i am careful with using my wild cards. I hope you get your issue resolved to your liking.
Your apology is certainly accepted. Maybe I am unique when I take very seriously those things that I can control, e.g. my job, my driving, etc., but not life itself. I don’t see the need, as nobody gets out alive. I prefer to be happy and approach life with humor.

Here’s hoping your car is back on the highway soon. Good luck with it.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Your apology is certainly accepted. Maybe I am unique when I take very seriously those things that I can control, e.g. my job, my driving, etc., but not life itself. I don’t see the need, as nobody gets out alive. I prefer to be happy and approach life with humor.

Here’s hoping your car is back on the highway soon. Good luck with it.

Thank you much. Unfortunately it will go straight from the shop into storage. I need a new car in the interim.