W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

OK, so I already know that I'm a douchbag...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007 | 11:13 PM

2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR
Unhappy OK, so I already know that I'm a douchbag...

cuz whenever I park my car I turn around and look at it and when I wash it, I sit in the garage grinning from ear to ear BUT...am I also an A$$HOLE?? I ask this as I have had my car about 3 weeks and have gotten flipped-off almost EVERY day!! ok, ok, that might be an exageration but it seems everytime I drive the damn thing, some phucker is honking, giving me a dirty look or flipping me the bird! I got flipped-off just today by a Soccer-Mom in an SUV because she cut me off and I swerved around her not to cause an accidnt!
It needs to be mentioned that my driving style is generally pretty melow especially in traffic and since this is my DD, I really dont drive like a $ithead (all that often ) However this is my very first MB so I dont know if it's just the way it goes??

Have any of you experienced the same thing as compared to when you drive your other car(s)???
Old 03-13-2007 | 01:52 AM

2013 CLS63 2004 S55
I haven't noticed it yet

I drive 'spirited' and if they are flipping me off its several carlengths back in my wake.

Where are you from? In LA, people speed when the rare window of opportunity actually opens up.
Old 03-13-2007 | 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by NGS_E55
I drive 'spirited' and if they are flipping me off its several carlengths back in my wake.

Where are you from? In LA, people speed when the rare window of opportunity actually opens up.
We're in Seattle. and as bad as the traffic is, I wont make a 'spirited' move unless I know I can get away with it and NOT see the receiver of said move in the car next to me and THAT's exactly what I cant understand
Old 03-13-2007 | 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I cant see if anyone flips me off. By the time I look back, they're a little dot in the mirror. My take is if we wanted to be cruizin, we wouldnt be driving AMGs. I hate seeing AMGs kicking it in the slow lane going exactly the speed limit.
Old 03-13-2007 | 05:27 PM

2007 cls 63 030
My car (07 CLS 63 w/ 030 obsidian black) and my mom's car (07 S65 flat black) were both parked next to each other in front of my uncle's house on Sunday. My uncle and his neighbor both wanted to check out the new rides so we were out front showing them off when a guy drove by in a lifted suburban. He stuck his head out the window and yelled BUY AMERICAN and kept driving. I've never been so sad for a REDNECK then I was at that point. Did he really just drive by and mock $300k+ of the finest German engineering around or what??? I'm sure he went home and gave his SS Camaro a big kiss on the hood. Anyhow, point is there are always haters. Screw em all
Old 03-13-2007 | 05:34 PM
Banned

AMGs
Where do you live? I never have any problem when driving my 55. Occasionally get a from others but then again, I live in San Diego.
Old 03-13-2007 | 07:21 PM
PDC

2006 SL65 ///AMG - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2005 E55; 2002 ML55; 2001 CLK55; 1992 BMW 850i; 1991 M5
Gotta Chime In Here

I just gotta chime in here. I was in the "Red Hippo" the other day - that's the nickname for my 1992 BMW 850 because it is BRIGHT RED and weighs well over 2 tons. I had just had a few maintenance issues addressed at the local BMW dealership in anticipation of a pleasant warm-weather cruising season. My point is, this is my "pimp juice" car - this is not my Kompressed 55 - I drive this car slow and cool - I do not raise heck in this car!! So, I am trying to merge onto the freeway on a very short merge lane with my signal blinking away and this fella' in an old clapped-out Cadillac Fleetwood literally gunns it to keep his nose even with my tail so I can't get onto the freeway - ahead of me lies the ditch. So I floor the Red Hippo and all 12 cylinders roar to life through an exhaust system devoid of center resonators and howling through Eisenmann Race cans. (The sound is intoxicating) I get ahead of him and he floors it, tailgates me, honks madly, gesticulates, flips me off, and follows me about 15 miles to the exit for my office. He then pulls alongside me, rolls down his window and literally SHOUTS at me calling me an A** Hole, challenging my masculenity, and saying - I'm not making this up - "That Fuc*ing car with the V-12 is just over-compensation for the fact that you have no ***** and I dare you to step out of your car and prove otherwise!" All sorts of folks were now paying attention to us, and I calmly said: "You're acting like a 16 year old and you're trying to get me to prove I'm a man by joining you in acting like a 16 year old???" The dude then spits on the hood of my car and roars off waving the bird out the window.

I was stunned. I didn't have any response. The guy looked like he weighed about 250-plus and was obviously far more revved up about this than I was. I keep myself in pretty good shape for having just turned 40 last week. I run or lift every morning Monday through Friday. I have been involved in various martial arts for over 15 years and have achieved some decent hard-earned rank along the way. But truth be told, at all of 175 lbs staring at the equivalent of a Division I football lineman who was obviously PISSED OFF (or maybe even on something), I had absolutely NO interest in testing my skills that day. I thought, gee, this dude must have the kind of job that if he gets into a fight, everybody at work pats him on the back and buys him a beer. If I get into a fight, I go before the Disciplinary Adminstrator and lose my licence to practice for "Conduct Un-becoming" and there goes the Red Hippo AND the Black 55, and the house - all of which I am of course still making payments on !!! Even so, I couldn't help but feel like a real wuss, just sitting in my car as he literally SPAT on it.

Sorry for the LONG post, but the moral of the story is that some people's kids just should not have driver's licenses. Jealously of others is a BAD thing. Screw 'Em!!

Last edited by PDC; 03-13-2007 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Trending Topics

Old 03-13-2007 | 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Such a f**king moron.... looks like he's trying to be the big bad dude and had a moment of ***** envy...... Maybe too much anabolic 'roid made him impotent......
Old 03-13-2007 | 08:18 PM

2003 E55 K1
Originally Posted by BigApe
cuz whenever I park my car I turn around and look at it and when I wash it, I sit in the garage grinning from ear to ear BUT...am I also an A$$HOLE?? I ask this as I have had my car about 3 weeks and have gotten flipped-off almost EVERY day!! ok, ok, that might be an exageration but it seems everytime I drive the damn thing, some phucker is honking, giving me a dirty look or flipping me the bird! I got flipped-off just today by a Soccer-Mom in an SUV because she cut me off and I swerved around her not to cause an accidnt!
It needs to be mentioned that my driving style is generally pretty melow especially in traffic and since this is my DD, I really dont drive like a $ithead (all that often ) However this is my very first MB so I dont know if it's just the way it goes??

Have any of you experienced the same thing as compared to when you drive your other car(s)???

The answer is yes.
Old 03-13-2007 | 10:59 PM

Thanks for the input fellas. PDC- same kind of crap happened to me not too long ago. I had to remind myself that I had more to lose than the moron trying to push my buttons. I guess at the end of the day, there's a whole lotta folks in this world and we al dont behave the way we aught to all the time.
Old 03-13-2007 | 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Coalman
The answer is yes.
Yes to what??
Old 03-14-2007 | 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
It is you lights too bright!

Originally Posted by BigApe

Had the bird and the horn, But a soccer-Mom! ! if a soccer-Mom comes at ya she wants something was her finger in her mouth?

I have found here in south Florida a "GLOCK" sticker on your rear glass proves out the statement "An Armed Society is a Polite Society".

It could be Colt S&W Ruger what ever is to your liking but the baddest one of all is baby on-board
Old 03-14-2007 | 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Nope. However, are you talking about this happening in the E55 or the 996TT in your sig? I could imagine it in a 996TT, but not in the Benz.
Nobody ever noticed my E55 (clean as *****, lowered and sitting on 19" Iforged Daytonas).
I guess since its a 4-door nobody gave it a second glance. I might as well have been driving a Camry, lol. Pretty much the only people that ever noticed my car were fellow car enthusiasts and it was all good with them.
Old 03-14-2007 | 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

W221
I'm with psk...I hate seeyin AMG's being driven "slowly"...drive the dayam thing...I don't mean go crazy but DRIVE the dayam car...I also love runnin into other AMGer's on the road...good times

I love my car

Last edited by BenzoBoi; 03-14-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2007 | 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by medici78
Nope. However, are you talking about this happening in the E55 or the 996TT in your sig? I could imagine it in a 996TT, but not in the Benz.

Actually that's the funny part... no one has ever said ***** when I drive the Turbo... or at least nothing that I've stuck around to see