Sponsored by:

2007 911 Turbo v 2007 Corvette Z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
If you really are the owner and driver of in the video, you'd be more credible if you didn't make those stereotypical Corvette owner remarks. Let's see, you shot the video, you made remarks, you posted the video. Gee, that doesn't seem one sided does it? Hey good luck with you Z06, its one heck of a car, take it to a track and really see what it can do, not just in a straight line. I've run with a couple of Z06's on the track and they are monsters.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Originally Posted by C6Z06427
Like back on HPJ dude, you could have ask dozens of people who have seen my car...blah, blah, yee haw, yee haw, git-'r-done, you got a purty mouth..........
Fast car.

Congratulations on perpetuating the sterotype, Sammybob.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 PM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by SleeperX
BTW, have you raced any E55s..modded or stock?
I am not sure if he has, but I have. It was a stock E55 that was driven by an owner on this forum (evoviiiyou). It's not close stock for stock and the Z06 is much, much quicker. We raced from a 45-125 or so.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:05 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Originally Posted by Zlicious
I am not sure if he has, but I have. It was a stock E55 that was driven by an owner on this forum (evoviiiyou). It's not close stock for stock and the Z06 is much, much quicker. We raced from a 45-125 or so.
I would race you too! If MB found a way to drop...oh...about 1,000 lbs in my cars weight!!
Old 03-19-2007, 07:59 PM

07 S65
Originally Posted by Zlicious
What is so hard to understand here. The 997 TT traps 5 mph LESS in the 1/4 than the Z06, did you expect to win? If so, please do explain how you would.

997 TT is a great car, and I would love to have one, but to think that it is a match for the Z06 in a straight line when it traps 5 mph less in the 1/4 mile makes you look delusional.
It's not just mph. I'm not disagreeing with you about the P car vs Vette. I can see the Vette beating the TT but from a dig ahhhh, I don't know. My car traps consistantly around 122mph pretty close to the TT. Would you expect to outrun my car in a staight line 1/4 mile race? You'll loose, at least the majority of the Vette guys will. My car runs 11.3's all day long and I know the Z06 guys are not hitting those numbers consistantly. They aren't even close on the street. You have a small handful or guys that have gotten there and thats in perfect conditions, not on the street.

The Z06 has so much power , tight suspension and so little weight that it really struggles out of the hole. The TT on the street should beat the Z from a DIG not a roll. You might be coming hard at the big end but you shouldn't catch him before the traps. The Z's traction problems are terrible on the street. That AWD TT doesn't know the difference between street or track. That should make for a big advantage. To make it sound like Jamusa doesn't know what he's talking about isn't fair. If anything, to just compare based on trap speed is more of a joke than anything.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:08 PM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by DJE55
It's not just mph. I'm not disagreeing with you about the P car vs Vette. I can see the Vette beating the TT but from a dig ahhhh, I don't know. My car traps consistantly around 122mph pretty close to the TT. Would you expect to outrun my car in a staight line 1/4 mile race? You'll loose, at least the majority of the Vette guys will. My car runs 11.3's all day long and I know the Z06 guys are not hitting those numbers consistantly. They aren't even close on the street. You have a small handful or guys that have gotten there and thats in perfect conditions, not on the street.

The Z06 has so much power , tight suspension and so little weight that it really struggles out of the hole. The TT on the street should beat the Z from a DIG not a roll. You might be coming hard at the big end but you shouldn't catch him before the traps. The Z's traction problems are terrible on the street. That AWD TT doesn't know the difference between street or track. That should make for a big advantage. To make it sound like Jamusa doesn't know what he's talking about isn't fair. If anything, to just compare based on trap speed is more of a joke than anything.
Good post, and I agree. The Z06 and the TT, from a dig are very close UP TO the 1/4 mile point. After that, the Z06 runs away. That video shown was almost IDENTICAL to the outcome I had with the TT from a dig, except that I passed the TT a little sooner. I am also willing to bet that an excellent driver in the Z06 will beat an excellent driver in a TT from a standstill in the 1/4. Show me JUST ONE bone stock TT (video or time slip) that has ran the times the Z06 has in stock trim. The closest one I have seen was a stage 1 EVO 997 TT that went 11.3@124.9. I ran that almost stock in C6 Z06.

From a roll, like you said, it's just not going to happen to the TT. It is simple physics. More power and less weight > Less power and more weight.

I stated that Jamusa doesn't know what he is talking about because he claimed that the Vet sprayed. Are you serious? If the Vet was spraying, he would have 1) been spinning his *** OFF, and 2) went by the TT so fast it would have looked like the Vet was racing a stock LS1 car. Also, it was already discussed that the Z06 was not spraying on a different forum that Jamusa took part of, and to come here AGAIN and make false accusations after it was made clear that he wasn't spraying gets aggravating.

In conclusion, the 997 TT is an awesome car, and I would never degrade it or deny its greatness as a car in general, but when it comes strictly to speed, it lags behind the C6 Z06 and that's just a fact that people should accept.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by C6Z06427
This is the owner of the Z06 and I want to say that i was surprised to see Jamusa was still spreading the word over the internet that I sprayed his buddy in the 997.

Like back on HPJ dude, you could have ask dozens of people who have seen my car or know me pretty good to know I never had any nitrous system on my car. As another person as stated here, if I had nitrous on my car, I could have beaten him so bad I could have stop aside the road and ate a sandwich about the time he came flying by.

Plain and simple. I came to the party with more power, less weight, and probably better aerodynamics and you question me pulling him that bad. Stop reading the numbers out of the magazines my friends
No rumor spreading here,all we asked for is a re match...i heard today that you have agreed to do so...so lets wait for the outcome.Like i said something was not right about that race.
In the meantime lets not fight over this until we see the result of the next race.
The last time he ran your race by rolling,would you be willing to run his race by coming from a dig?....or doing both?just asking.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:09 PM

Hooptie
Originally Posted by jamusa
No rumor spreading here,all we asked for is a re match...
Then why are you coming on to this board after it was made clear to you that the Z06 did not have any spray on a different board that YOU took part of??..

.Like i said something was not right about that race.
Just because you lost that automatically means that something was wrong? Has the thought of the Z06 being the faster car stock vs. stock ever come to mind??..

In the meantime lets not fight over this until we see the result of the next race
There would be no fighting at all if you accept facts and learn not to spread rumors just because you lost a race.

The last time he ran your race by rolling,would you be willing to run his race by coming from a dig?
He ran you from a roll AND from a dig, and still beat you from a dig even though you guys took off on the 2nd honk. Remember? If not, watch the video again.

i heard today that you have agreed to do so
How about you wait until the Z06 is modded also? Modded vs. stock doesn't prove much.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:32 PM

Yes, I have sent the word to Keith to lets run again. I expecting him to really turn up the boost on me this time. Win or lose, going to be a awesome race...
Old 03-20-2007, 11:39 PM

Wow...

The owner of that Z06 was just...wow...I'm almost speechless.

I almost wouldn't buy a Z06 for the mere reason that that guy owns one and I wouldn't want to be associated with someone that lame...
Old 03-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Luna.
Wow...

The owner of that Z06 was just...wow...I'm almost speechless.

I almost wouldn't buy a Z06 for the mere reason that that guy owns one and I wouldn't want to be associated with someone that lame...

LUNA!!! What up bro! Long time no see. You still owe me a run someday. Hope the caddy has been treating you well.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:09 AM

07 SLK55, 08 R32
I would take the 911 Turbo over the ZO6 and day!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Thanks for the nice video. I love em Z06s
Old 03-23-2007, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by jangy
LUNA!!! What up bro! Long time no see. You still owe me a run someday. Hope the caddy has been treating you well.
Good to see you as well! We defintely need to hook up sometime soon. Anytime you want to get your (cough) butt kicked by my (cough) CTS-V, you just let me know!!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Luna.
Good to see you as well! We defintely need to hook up sometime soon. Anytime you want to get your (cough) butt kicked by my (cough) CTS-V, you just let me know!!
You gonna be in SD anytime soon? I'd love to see how the Caddy handles at Palomar. I almost bought on of those as a daily a year or so back. I love the vette engine with the sedan body.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by jangy
You gonna be in SD anytime soon? I'd love to see how the Caddy handles at Palomar. I almost bought on of those as a daily a year or so back. I love the vette engine with the sedan body.
Not this weekend, but I'll be down next weekend. My tires are past the wear bars now, so I'm ordering some new ones. Hopefully, I can get them mounted by next weekend