Sponsored by:

Dynamic Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 11:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E55
Dynamic Seats

Are all dynamic seats ventilated and heated? Or are the dynamic and the heating/cooling seperate?

Lastly, (sorry for noob questions) how do you operate the dynamic seats? When I test drove one that I thought had dynamic seats, it didn't grab me in the corners.

Since I don't own one yet, so no manual to read, how do I turn on the dynamic seats and test them out while on a test drive?

Thanks again... I am doing my final test drive of the car Saturday and likely buying right after!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
If you look at the lower right hand corner of the driver seat, you should see a bunch of buttons and one of them should read dynamic. Press that and make sure the red LED is on and you're good to go.

Ventilated / Heated seats are separate
Old 03-22-2007, 11:54 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
If you look at the lower right hand corner of the driver seat, you should see a bunch of buttons and one of them should read dynamic. Press that and make sure the red LED is on and you're good to go.

Ventilated / Heated seats are separate
Are you talking about that cluster of buttons below your right knee basically? (At the front right corner of the driver's seat)

I think I remember plus and minus signs as well as 2 elongated (sp?) buttons one horizontal and one vertical.

I don't remember seeing the word "dynamic".

Do non-dynamic seats have this cluster I'm talking about?
Old 03-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Yes, that is the cluster. it will say dynamic. You can also go into the dash menu and control the extent of dynamic (aggressive vs mellow). NOT ALL active / ventilated are dynamic, but i thought all dynamic were ventilated? I have both and love both.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:01 AM

2005 E55
Not all active are dynamic? I thought that was the same thing?

Confused. What is the difference between active and dynamic?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Scott in H-town
Not all active are dynamic? I thought that was the same thing?

Confused. What is the difference between active and dynamic?
Active is massging, ventilated is just that, and dynamic is g-force support.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:16 AM

2005 E55
Ok. I didn't realize that.

Where exactly is the button that says "dynamic"? Is it on that cluster, or up on the dash by the heated seat button, or where?

I'm afraid this car that I drove and thought had dynamic seats b/c it had that cluster really only had that cluster of buttons. I'm guessing that cluster exists on all E55's?
Old 03-23-2007, 12:17 AM

03 E55
Are all dynamic seats ventilated and heated? Or are the dynamic and the heating/cooling seperate?

Lastly, (sorry for noob questions) how do you operate the dynamic seats? When I test drove one that I thought had dynamic seats, it didn't grab me in the corners.

Since I don't own one yet, so no manual to read, how do I turn on the dynamic seats and test them out while on a test drive?

Thanks again... I am doing my final test drive of the car Saturday and likely buying right after!
Pretty sure all dynamic seats have heating and venting.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:22 AM

2005 E55
Damn. Ok.

Thanks for that info. This car I was about to buy doesn't have the dynamic. Ouch...

I am constantly finding cars with "almost" everything, and the cars that do have everything are way over priced out there right now.

Grrrr

Old 03-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Ok. I didn't realize that.

Where exactly is the button that says "dynamic"? Is it on that cluster, or up on the dash by the heated seat button, or where?

I'm afraid this car that I drove and thought had dynamic seats b/c it had that cluster really only had that cluster of buttons. I'm guessing that cluster exists on all E55's?
the cluster by the leg is in all cars. Some just have more buttons. Th dynamic seats have a power button there.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:49 AM

2013 CLS63 2004 S55
Yes Dynamic is at top of same cluster of buttons under knee

I like the dynamic seats, my buddy turns his off. I think the ventilation is weak, but will have to wait until LA summer. I know I get in the car after the gym and imagine slight help, but not much. The massage is a little better (inflates/deflates same dynamic/lumbar bladders). Oh yeah and what I learned about mercedes ergonomics is that red means on(AC/dynamic seats/massage), unless its the headlight(06) indicator which is green, lol.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by NGS_E55
I like the dynamic seats, my buddy turns his off. I think the ventilation is weak, but will have to wait until LA summer. I know I get in the car after the gym and imagine slight help, but not much. The massage is a little better (inflates/deflates same dynamic/lumbar bladders). Oh yeah and what I learned about mercedes ergonomics is that red means on(AC/dynamic seats/massage), unless its the headlight(06) indicator which is green, lol.
the ventilated seats actually pull air AWAY from you, so it doesn't work like an a/c blowing up your body. However, it will keep you from sticking to the seat and keep you dry during summer times.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 AM

2005 E55
Thanks again guys. My M5 seats were like this. They didn't do much, but did a little and in Texas summers, anything we can get is important.

My wife's Infiniti M seats are awesome. They actually blow cold air out the seat. They're the best cooling seats I've ever felt.

I verbally agreed to a car and they're tinting the windows on it, etc. Now I'm going to have to say no to the car b/c I was told it had the Dynamic seats, but I don't think they knew what they were talking about, because it doesn't have them. (It's a non-MB dealer so they made the same mistake I did about the cluster)

They're going to hate me... And I'm going to have to fight to get all of my $500 deposit back I bet.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Women love these seats

Thanks again guys. My M5 seats were like this. They didn't do much, but did a little and in Texas summers, anything we can get is important.

My wife's Infiniti M seats are awesome. They actually blow cold air out the seat. They're the best cooling seats I've ever felt.

I verbally agreed to a car and they're tinting the windows on it, etc. Now I'm going to have to say no to the car b/c I was told it had the Dynamic seats, but I don't think they knew what they were talking about, because it doesn't have them. (It's a non-MB dealer so they made the same mistake I did about the cluster)

They're going to hate me... And I'm going to have to fight to get all of my $500 deposit back I bet.
Ya, Scott the dynamic switch can't be missed, in the cluster it is the furtherest forward and is clearly labeled. This is a God send for me, now instead of my wife saying SLOW DOWN she remains quiet. When I ask her why no more *****ing? She says this car loves me, it hugs me when you drive crazy. priceless!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:57 AM

2005 E55
haha Yacht. That's great.

I loved the active seats on the M5. They made a big difference when tossing it around, so I know I don't want to skip out on this option.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
haha Yacht. That's great.

I loved the active seats on the M5. They made a big difference when tossing it around, so I know I don't want to skip out on this option.
Scott

YOu have a PM...
Old 03-23-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S

Definitely get your deposit back! The dynamic seat are amazing and you should not get a car without it. Remember some cars have the ventilated and heated seats without the dynamic function. Most sales people are morons and don't know **** about there cars. Even at Benz dealerships. There are plenty of car out there and don't settle until you get the one you want. You will alway regret not getting the dynamic seats. Tell them that you were going to buy the car with the premise it had the options you wanted. Since they mislead you then they shouldn't be mad. Let them know it is their fault not yours and they should know and research the options better before they try to sell a car. Good luck!! I wish the E63 had dynamic seats!! It's almost a deal breaker for me.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
the dynamic seats can be retrofitted into the E63s
Old 03-23-2007, 11:03 AM

CLS55
i canceled my order when the car was coming in w/o the dynamic seats which i had ordered and got one on the ground with the seats. i like them, but they sure are an option you can live without.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:26 AM

03 E55
just an fyi, buttons for the non-dynamic seat are similar, but don't say "pulse" and "dynamic"
Old 03-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Scott,

You could have taken that $500 and put it towards the purchase of my car. It definitely has the dynamic seats. And yes they are heated and ventilated. It is still available......
Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Kev04C320
the dynamic seats can be retrofitted into the E63s
Are you sure??? How can this be done??
Old 03-23-2007, 09:43 PM

2005 E55
tsmithmd, have we talked about your car? PM me the info.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by france2112
Are you sure??? How can this be done??
I am sure. You can just swap out the seats and have the activation done through star. I do not know the cost, but it would be one of my first mods on an E63.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by jangy
I am sure. You can just swap out the seats and have the activation done through star. I do not know the cost, but it would be one of my first mods on an E63.
I would love to do this but is sounds complicated.

--I would have to buy new seats (probably expensive and what do I do with the old ones?)

--I would have to find a dealership that would do the install and program the seats while agreeing to keep everthing under warranty.

Sounds almost impossible but I am an optimist! Maybe if I ordered a new car I could have them do it at the factory?

Thanks for the information.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dynamic Seats