How to remove double sided tape?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Goof off worked fine.

Now, how do I get the sticker off the back side of the lip so i can re-install it?
Old 04-03-2007, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
Use the same stuff I would assume
Old 04-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by vader
Use the same stuff I would assume
I was actually wondering if I can dremel it off, since it is on the underside anyway? i don't want the goof off to get over on th epainted side. i know the factory paint is rugged, but I worry about the aftermarket apinted fin??
Old 04-10-2007, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Off topic Sorry, not meant in a drogatory way.

[QUOTE=jangy;2113473]You input is appreciated, alothough not your pompous attitude. Take a good look at the MSDS o the product you suggested. It is simply another name brand for the exact products we are discussing. Thanks again for your input and actually, you have been quite knowledgable and helpful on other subjects as well. Just please quit with the "I am so awesome, you so dumb" mode.

Jangy,

I apologize if I in any offended you or anyone else here. I in no way meant for my post to be interpreted in a disparaging way toward you.

Way off topic

We do use heat guns, to remove paint and varnish.
We do use double sided tape on-board to hold down everything, phones, lamps, sculptures, toaster, coffee maker, laptop computers, floral arrangements, soap dispensers, alarm clocks as well to hold anchors for ships wiring, plumbing, interior finish panels etc. Some of the surfaces that we apply the tape to are much more delicate than the finish on our MBs and that is why we always melt the tape off. Please don't interpret my experience as "pompous attitude" as I was just trying to keep you from any mechanical removal of the tape, I admit I may have come across too strong, again I apologize. This form is a great source of information and your information to me is noted.