W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Custom Paddle Shifters ***

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 CLK55, IWC CLS55 AMG(one of 55), 07 Honda CR-V 4WD
AMGSC

Vrus put a lot of effort in designing and making this product. Unfortunately, you or your technician or both of you together****ed it up during the installation without knowing the delicate procedure, I guess. Because that did not happen to me and other who installed them correctly. If the installation manual did not come with the product, you could have asked him for it and therefore not break the hinges.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Old 08-30-2008, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by JLee81
Vrus put a lot of effort in designing and making this product. Unfortunately, you or your technician or both of you together****ed it up during the installation without knowing the delicate procedure, I guess. Because that did not happen to me and other who installed them correctly. If the installation manual did not come with the product, you could have asked him for it and therefore not break the hinges.
How the F*** do you know if my set was defective or not? The hinges on the right paddle were not broken and they do not work either. Ikrchner also did not break the hinges and his DOES NOT work either. You don't own a C55 nor an SL600 so don't assume these paddles fit every model that Victor claims. I asked him if he tested these paddles on every model he is selling them for. Are you looking for a discount from VRP by brown-nosing?

btw...Who gives a sh*t how much effort one puts into something. In life, it's about output and not input to be successful.

Last edited by AMGSC; 08-30-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
Originally Posted by lkirchner
I e-mailed Victor and got the instructions you Devil.
Did the instructions differ from how you orginally installed them? I think I already know the answer to my question but why don't you let everybody know your true experience. I know you don't care about getting a refund and will just write this off as a bad experiment but I want to let people know if it's a great product or not at all so they don't waste their money if it's the latter.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:15 PM

Received 131 Likes on 87 Posts
2021 E63S Wagon 2019 S63 AMG Coupé 2015 S Coupé Edition 1 1970 Chevelle LS5
Dude, I don't think it's your place to sit on the sideline and say s**t to another member about his situation, based on your own story. Stay where you are, on the sideline. It's not your business.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Did the instructions differ from how you orginally installed them? I think I already know the answer to my question but why don't you let everybody know your true experience. I know you don't care about getting a refund and will just write this off as a bad experiment but I want to let people know if it's a great product or not at all so they don't waste their money if it's the latter.
The paddle on the left was my fault, I broke the pivot piont on the original assembly as shown on your first picture. The other picture that you have clearly shows that the paddles are not seated properly. . On the + side everyting fit fine but the shift pattern was erractic. I think that the shaft on the paddles were too small and caused the button activation to be erractic. That aside I tried to go back to the original buttons only to find that you cannot buy the button mechanism, you have to buy the entire steering wheel. Lets stop trying to blame Victor, since he had the ***** to take on this project. In this case, self included, the installer has to step up to the plate.!!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Wow, their certainly is a lot of foul language and rude comments over here!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:41 AM

E55
Wow, their certainly is a lot of foul language and rude comments over here!
+1
Old 08-31-2008, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by mercixus
+1
Do you consider this foul language? It is merely a statement of fact. I wish that I grew up in such a pristine world as you probably did.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by AMGSC
How the F*** do you know if my set was defective or not? The hinges on the right paddle were not broken and they do not work either. Ikrchner also did not break the hinges and his DOES NOT work either. You don't own a C55 nor an SL600 so don't assume these paddles fit every model that Victor claims. I asked him if he tested these paddles on every model he is selling them for. Are you looking for a discount from VRP by brown-nosing?

btw...Who gives a sh*t how much effort one puts into something. In life, it's about output and not input to be successful.
Oh~~~ D/C is something that YOU might be looking for by bashing tuners just as you did to HPS in the past. I would suggest you not to think that everyone else in this world behaves shameless like yourself.
BTW, I am one of the first people who bought the set. And paddles work well on my car, and this is the fact for me.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by coolcamden
Dude, I don't think it's your place to sit on the sideline and say s**t to another member about his situation, based on your own story. Stay where you are, on the sideline. It's not your business.
Who are you to tell me where I should stand? Don't forget buddy. This is an open forum and I will say what I want in this thread. what's so wrong with sharing own experience about the product. So if you are not here to share your experience or thoughts about this product, I would say you should focus on your business.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:26 AM

E55
Do you consider this foul language? It is merely a statement of fact. I wish that I grew up in such a pristine world as you probably did.
_
Jepp your welcome to visit our very relaxed and behaved part of the world.! I enjoy the entertainment thou.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:09 PM

Who are you to tell me where I should stand? Don't forget buddy. This is an open forum and I will say what I want in this thread. what's so wrong with sharing own experience about the product. So if you are not here to share your experience or thoughts about this product, I would say you should focus on your business.
I am not your buddy.

Anyone can offer contructive, supportive, helpful comments. Jumping in to criticize another member's work without being there, knowing the whole story demontrate a lack of maturity and sophistication.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lkirchner
The paddle on the left was my fault, I broke the pivot piont on the original assembly as shown on your first picture. The other picture that you have clearly shows that the paddles are not seated properly. . On the + side everyting fit fine but the shift pattern was erractic. I think that the shaft on the paddles were too small and caused the button activation to be erractic. That aside I tried to go back to the original buttons only to find that you cannot buy the button mechanism, you have to buy the entire steering wheel. Lets stop trying to blame Victor, since he had the ***** to take on this project. In this case, self included, the installer has to step up to the plate.!!!!
My bad for mistating your left paddle...BUT did the left button work after you went back to stock? Was it loose or just does not work at all? I would be really pissed if I just messed up my entire steering wheel because of this product! I have'nt tried putting the buttons back on since I was going to buy the replacment bracket. Did you try a salvage yard or Pick A Part?

I agree with you that the posts/shafts of the paddles are TOO SMALL rather than TOO BIG as Victor was assuming. In my case. The paddles just does not click. It almost seems like a spring of some sort is needed to pop the paddles outward. For me, the right paddle is just "DEAD". No movment, frozen solid...

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-01-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh~~~ D/C is something that YOU might be looking for by bashing tuners just as you did to HPS in the past. I would suggest you not to think that everyone else in this world behaves shameless like yourself.
BTW, I am one of the first people who bought the set. And paddles work well on my car, and this is the fact for me.
If it works fine for you then just say so without bashing others or jumping to conclusions. You could add to the value of this board by stating how you installed yours and others like myself might find it useful. You also cannot assume that just because it fits one model that the same paddles fit every model Vic claims. I inspected the posts/shafts on the buttons vs. VRP's paddles and VRP's posts are CLEARLY too small in diameter and too short. Instead of posts or shafts they looked like just some excess plastic trim/tabs that would break off if you just looked at them funny. Even if they worked on other's wheels, I would not expect them to last very long before that weak, skinny post would break off and leave the driver in wrong gear while you are driving fast. What a secure feeling

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-01-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by coolcamden
I am not your buddy.

Anyone can offer contructive, supportive, helpful comments. Jumping in to criticize another member's work without being there, knowing the whole story demontrate a lack of maturity and sophistication.
Since you are smart enough to figure out that I am not your buddy, restrain yourself from calling me a dude next time. If you don't remember your previous post, go back and read it again.

Allright, I get the point. Now think about this. Just as it's in the quote, where was the so called constructive, supportive, helpful comment in your previous post about me staying in the sideline? Explain it to me first then I will explain after you. Fair enough?
Old 09-05-2008, 11:54 AM

Since you are smart enough to figure out that I am not your buddy, restrain yourself from calling me a dude next time. If you don't remember your previous post, go back and read it again.

Allright, I get the point. Now think about this. Just as it's in the quote, where was the so called constructive, supportive, helpful comment in your previous post about me staying in the sideline? Explain it to me first then I will explain after you. Fair enough?
Unlike South Korea or whereever you're purported to be at, dude is fairly commonly used in California to address another male species. From your beer drinking buddy, to the panhanadler that you want to shoo away. You don't call the panhandler "buddy" tho.

I offered my opinion based on what happened on this thread, from your posts to AMGSC. The facts supporting my call for moderation were evident. You, on the other hand, on Aug. 29, without knowing what AMGSC had actually done, used some pretty demaning remarks on him and his technician. Do you even know if he had a tech, or you just unilaterally jumped on him with your conclusion? You obviously took side with VRP, fell insulted somehow that how dare someone has a problem with them (the guy must be in idiot, in your mind) so you took off on him without facts.

You remarks were factless, and demeaning. My remarks were based on your post, very evidently, and only called for you to sit on the sideline, because the problem between AMGSC and VRP is not yours. I was helping to give you a dose of reality check. It's obvious you're not taking helpful suggestions well.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM

Old 09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Please guys.. let's not argue..

I will figure out what the issues are and correct them. I asked AMGSC to send me back his paddles so I can get a look at them here and check them on the C55 we had here before.

We will get to the bottom of it.

Let's all play nice...
Old 09-05-2008, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Are the black ones in stock and available for Overnight Saturday delivery?

Want to buy today and have tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 PM

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts
2010 W204, 2014 W212, 2015 W222, 07 SAAB 9-3, 2016 AMG GTS
Can you take some pic and do a little write up when you install the paddle shifter ?? I have a 03 S55 and want to do it too. thanks

Originally Posted by Oxygen
Are the black ones in stock and available for Overnight Saturday delivery?

Want to buy today and have tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Originally Posted by trustz
Can you take some pic and do a little write up when you install the paddle shifter ?? I have a 03 S55 and want to do it too. thanks
Why of course! I like making write-ups about stuff like this...
Old 09-15-2008, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WTF!!!!! Broke the right hinge too

I was removing the POS shifters for a refund and found out the right hinge was also broken!!! Now both my OEM button shifters don't work either. They just wobble loosely and looks like ****!!!!!!

I must now get a brand new steering wheel!!!! I AM EXTREMELY PISSDED about this product!!!!!!! What a piece of crap! You guys out there have been warned! Victor still has not emailed me instructions and diagrams on how to install these. Even with instructions, it's just WAY TOO RISKY buying this product and F***ING UP a $3K AMG Steering Wheel. Those brackets cannot be re-ordered because the wiring is integrated into them!!!! DO NOT TRY THESE because YOU MAY TRULY REGRET IT!!!! Don't say you have NOT been warned.

Vic, You will getting a call from a very irate ex-customer of anything you sell or service. I am completely done with VRP. Kleemann all the way for all my needs.

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-15-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:09 PM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
Wow AMGSC chill out a bit man. This isn't helping your situation...
Old 09-16-2008, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by slowrey
Wow AMGSC chill out a bit man. This isn't helping your situation...
I had to order a new steering wheel from Peformance Products and it cost me $1,977.95 with a discount! I expect to pay for 2 hrs of installation which would cost me another $250. So my estimate of $3K was not too far off.

Do you want this to happen to my fellow forum members?

I got so pissed off I threw them in the trash. SUNK COST of $300 for a worthless gadget that was not even tested before being released and can easily cost you the entire steering wheel. NICE GOING VRP!.

Tip: If you want to use the forum to pitch your products then be prepared to take the feedback. positive or negative...

Last edited by AMGSC; 09-16-2008 at 09:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** Custom Paddle Shifters ***