The Door Ding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by Cosmic Benz
The problem is that some people have so little self-awareness, intelligence and control over their musculo-skeletal system their physical behavior is unpredictable.

I was in Tampa 6 or 7 years ago on business. One of the guys who worked with our company was with me and he was so dense he appeared unconscious half the time.

Three of us were stopping at an instant teller to get some cash. We pulled in beside a brand new red Mustang. A guy and his girl were sitting in it and I knew that the car was his pride and joy.

Knowing the guy with us was dense, I turned around facing him in the back seat and said, "DO NOT open your car door into that new mustang next to us." He looked at me and therewith opened the door into the side of the Mustang.

Unbelievable. I could not comprehend what I saw. The guy in the Mustang jumped out immediately, screaming about this dumb *** dinging his car. I just sat there and watched, hoping he would kick my coworker's ***.

Mercifully, the Mustang did not receive a crease, and the whole thing blew over. But, I began to have some insight into the kind of people who are smashing other folk's rides.

My coworker was clueless in the most exact and true sense of that expression. The people who create havoc, traffic backups and wrecks while they tool along mindless in the left hand lane doing 20 MPH below the flow of traffic are the same people. If you gave them a brain scan, you would think your equipment was broken.
Where do these people come from that have no idea what is going on around them? I am baffled on a daily basis.

You will find that most of these people you describe are driving minivans and Toyota Camry's. You think I am kidding? Just pay attention the next time traffic is screwed up. Most likely a minivan or Camry will be involved somehow.