Sponsored by:

The Door Ding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
The Door Ding

I have to express my ire about the fact that I recently got a ding in my door. My wife was driving the car to work, but she is as vigilant as I am about parking and keeping the car safe.

Some moron, mutant, SOB put a ding in my new E63's door. I know it can be easily fixed, but it makes me so mad that I had shortness of breath.

I don't even have the words. I just wish I could catch someone doing this one time. But, no--you never see the miscreants that do this kind of thing.

It doesn't help anything, but I just have to vent.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:46 PM

1973 Yugo
that sucks but look on the bright side you have a brand new E63
Old 04-14-2007, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E55
These are the ignorant people who should be shot on sight. I will throw up if it happens to me.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
The first one is the worst. I was ready to kill baby animals.

Now that I have a bunch, I really don't care anymore. I'll just visit my local PDR guy and have him pull all of them for some $150.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:11 PM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
I can appreciate your anger.
Here's my skeleton out of the closet. I was parked behind a car just in front of a street corner. I was totally legal. I got up to go to work the next morning and found a car parked behind illegally and against my bumper (caused some scratches). I had left little room in front of my car to get out because the car in front of me had a ton of room in front of him. It took me 15 minutes to 1/4 inch my way out of the spot. I was so MAD that I went back to the car that was on my bumper and (once, only once in my life) keyed the entire side of his car! I have no remorse.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
I find a muffled scream/expletive followed by a big slow deep breath in, eyes closed, and exhaling while doing the crane move ala Karate Kid I helps.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Kill them all let God sort them out.

Originally Posted by dsc
I can appreciate your anger.
Here's my skeleton out of the closet. I was parked behind a car just in front of a street corner. I was totally legal. I got up to go to work the next morning and found a car parked behind illegally and against my bumper (caused some scratches). I had left little room in front of my car to get out because the car in front of me had a ton of room in front of him. It took me 15 minutes to 1/4 inch my way out of the spot. I was so MAD that I went back to the car that was on my bumper and (once, only once in my life) keyed the entire side of his car! I have no remorse.
I fear the encounter with the inconsiderate dumb azz.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
I had an incident like this happen about 10 years ago.

I was in a parking lot waiting on one of my friends when this couple pulls up next to me. The driver gets out of the car and goes into the store. The passenger sits in the car for a couple of minutes and decides to get out of the car to retrieve something from the trunk. In the process of getting out of the car, she nails my door and didn't even give it a second thought. I rolled down my window and said "thanks for the door ding, how do you plan to fix this? She said "it is just a door ding, get over it?" I was floored at her arrogant attitude!

I said you don't plan to get my car fixed and you don't really care that you dinged my car do you? She said "no, it is just a car".

I said "well ok, I see your point"

I got out of my car and leaned back against my car and took both feet and caved in the entire door of her, then, newer Accord.

She started yelling at me and was extremely mad. I laughed as I got in my car and told her "hey, it is just a car!" and drove off.

Priceless, I loved every second of it and would do it 100x over.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Take it and get it fixed immediately, once the first one hits...the others come quick. You will think about it until it kills you..........
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Originally Posted by FASN8N

I was in a parking lot waiting on one of my friends when this couple pulls up next to me. The driver gets out of the car and goes into the store. The passenger sits in the car for a couple of minutes and decides to get out of the car to retrieve something from the trunk. In the process of getting out of the car, she nails my door and didn't even give it a second thought. I rolled down my window and said "thanks for the door ding, how do you plan to fix this? She said "it is just a door ding, get over it?" I was floored at her arrogant attitude!

I said you don't plan to get my car fixed and you don't really care that you dinged my car do you? She said "no, it is just a car".

I got out of my car and leaned back against my car and took both feet and caved in the entire door of her, then, newer Accord.

She started yelling at me and was extremely mad. I laughed as I got in my car and told her "hey, it is just a car!" and drove off.

Kudos man.

Normally, if someone dinged my car or damaged it, time permitting, I would wait around until the owner showed up. I don't have the heart to damage theirs and just run off.

If that owner was arrogant and showed absolutely no interest in fixing it for me, that would be a different case.

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR
OH MAN! that blows... I'll share a story with you. About 3 years ago, I take my 70 year old Uncle out to dinner. He's still a very sharp guy and pretty aware of what's around him. We are in my old Acura TL and and the weather is ***** as usual so when we get to the restaurant, I find a spot and park wide knowing he has bad knees etc. I get out of the car with the umbrella to keep the old guy from getting soaked and by the time I cross in front of the car, he has opened his door only to have the the damn hurricane level gust crab it (this all happens in slo-motion while I shout NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO ) and PILE DRIVES it in to the car parked next to us which happened to be a BRAND NEW E55!!!!! So now, I stand there in the baddest a$$ rain and wind in complete horror as to what had happened. He gets out of the car like NOTHING happened, completely oblivious and begins to talk about how the weather reminds him of such and such! I made him get back inside the car while I grab a flashlight outta the truck to survey the carniage! I remember thinking that we had just ruined a piece of art! remember that this was 2003-2004 so the Beast had JUST been introduced and there weren't many around. I get the flashlight and see that there's some pint missing off of the Acura's door and a huge 2 inch tall wedge in the 55's door. I spent the next 10 minutes explaining to the Old Man what an AMG is and why this car is so special...

I end up writing a note with all my info and trying to figure out how to keep in from getting wet and wouldn't you know it...dude showed up! Needless to say I was very apologetic, he was totally cool about it and it cost me $200 at the Dent Wizard plus some touch up paint for my car.

point of my long and drawn out story is $200 fixes it and you shouldn't let it get your blood boiling cuz chances are the poor wretch that put the ding there, probably didnt even realize he had done it. Unfortunately, we dont live in a world full of car guys so this stuff will continue to happen.

That said, may the ignorant MF's burn in "door ding and bumper scratch hell"
for ruining your car!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Mold W203 took a hit at the parking garage of Fluno Center, Madison, WI on the day of my wife's graduation. Knowing how people are rushing to the commencement, I parked my car as closed to the concrete post as possible, leaving as much space on the other side as possible. However, this fukin' b!tch driving a teal colored Lincoln Towncar with 2 kids and a grandpa still managed to park at a 10 degree angle towards my car and completely blocked my car from backing out. When I got back to my car, I noticed a huge (2") door ding on my driver side door and obviously was caused those morons slamming their door at mine. So, we ended up have to wait for these morons to show up and of course they denied everything and the b!tch even tried to push the responsibility to grandpa, by saying, "Grandpa, this is YOUR car, how do you want to deal with it?" . Then, they made up some excuse that they have to leave, yadi yada ya. The b!tch hit my car's door AGAIN when she opened her car's door and my wife yelled at her for doing that but she didn't seem to care much. After they all got in, she tried to sped off after almost running over my then fiance, now wife.......

My blood almost boiled over and wished I had a shot gun or rifle in my trunk......
Old 04-14-2007, 11:30 PM

2005 E55, Renntech Pulley, ECU
Ahhh, how paint brings out the best in us all

This thread has gone mad! Someone close it down before we get to the murder and arson confessions! Bwahahahah!

Skeeter
Old 04-15-2007, 10:25 AM

E63
I have an appointment Tuesday to get it fixed. So I'm feeling better. Hearing the stories of others helps my catharsis as well.

If you see someone put a ding in your door, you can call the police and they will come and make out a report. Then you can file a claim on the perp's insurance--not good for them, but well deserved.

It is also embarrassing for them and inconvenient--good consequences for their thoughtlessness.

In 1976 I bought my first really new car, a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am with a 455 cu. in. engine. It was silver with black interior. I took off all the decals (looked much more like a sports car) and put about $2,400 worth of performance work into the engine.

It was putting out 550 HP at the wheels and the Crane high life cam made it idle real good (rump-te-rump.) It was my pride and joy--my baby.

I happen to see the woman next door open her cheap *** station wagon's door into mine and put a three inch crease in the side. Cost me $300 to fix it right.

I was young and irrational; waited for her to go into her apartment then keyed both sides of her ****e box good. Immature--yes, but I felt better.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:23 AM
dsc

2004 E55
Maybe we can all meditate on our feelings and not seek revenge. But then and again if we don't execute revenge and the "universe" wanted the offender to learn a lesson for their actions, are we denying them their lesson? That would be an injustice and unfair to the offender. I can't be that selfish.

Please, let us know exactly how the repair looks.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:35 AM

E63
Originally Posted by dsc
Maybe we can all meditate on our feelings and not seek revenge. But then and again if we don't execute revenge and the "universe" wanted the offender to learn a lesson for their actions, are we denying them their lesson? That would be an injustice and unfair to the offender. I can't be that selfish.

Please, let us know exactly how the repair looks.
I think you have just articulated the Tao of Ding.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:22 PM

2010 E550 & 2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS

Just had to post...

I have neved had any of these situations in my presence, but i may have done the same as you; shameful, as it may be!
Old 04-15-2007, 01:58 PM

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts
2105 S63 Full Carbon - 2018 GTR

Damn dude!!! not that we all dont daydream about doing this but *****! if she had gotten your plate, you could've gone to jail for vandalism and even aggravated assault if you had an aggressive enough prosecuting attorney!!! need more info man.. need more info
Old 04-15-2007, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra

now that we are in the confession booth here is my story. I had picked up my brand new 1968 Primrose yellow Jag XKE and was driving around with my girl friend. Seeing that I and had just blown my bank account on the car we decided to get something to eat at one of the local drive and park restaurants. This couple pulls up in a ragged looking Chevy and the lady gets out to go inside. In the process of exiting the car she slams the door into the side of my pride and joy. I got out of the car and sure enough a door ding. In my best lunatic voice I screamed "you hit my car". Her reaction was that will not be the last time that happens. I then proceeded to calmly walk around the car (her husband was still in the car) and kicked in all 4 of the hub caps. The guy just sat there in absolute amazement staring at the crazy man who was doing a dance on his car. My girl friend thought that she had witnessed the real life showing of Doctor Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. There are times that I can still see the look on the guy's face.
Keep in mind in 1968 PDR was not available so I had the dealer's body shop repair the dent and re-paint the side of the car. It still pisses me off when I see that happen with the thoughtless idiots who don't give a damn about somebody's property.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:09 PM

E63
The problem is that some people have so little self-awareness, intelligence and control over their musculo-skeletal system their physical behavior is unpredictable.

I was in Tampa 6 or 7 years ago on business. One of the guys who worked with our company was with me and he was so dense he appeared unconscious half the time.

Three of us were stopping at an instant teller to get some cash. We pulled in beside a brand new red Mustang. A guy and his girl were sitting in it and I knew that the car was his pride and joy.

Knowing the guy with us was dense, I turned around facing him in the back seat and said, "DO NOT open your car door into that new mustang next to us." He looked at me and therewith opened the door into the side of the Mustang.

Unbelievable. I could not comprehend what I saw. The guy in the Mustang jumped out immediately, screaming about this dumb *** dinging his car. I just sat there and watched, hoping he would kick my coworker's ***.

Mercifully, the Mustang did not receive a crease, and the whole thing blew over. But, I began to have some insight into the kind of people who are smashing other folk's rides.

My coworker was clueless in the most exact and true sense of that expression. The people who create havoc, traffic backups and wrecks while they tool along mindless in the left hand lane doing 20 MPH below the flow of traffic are the same people. If you gave them a brain scan, you would think your equipment was broken.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
I've never used these dentless ding repair people until last month, I bought the wife a brand new Q7 4.2 and she had a good size ding within the first few weeks.... I was PISSED OFF, told her to call someone have them fix it while she was at work.... It came back completely gone, I really couldn't believe it... I was out there 10 minutes looking at all angles for it....

how do they do it?

Last edited by Fikse; 04-15-2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Cosmic Benz
The problem is that some people have so little self-awareness, intelligence and control over their musculo-skeletal system their physical behavior is unpredictable.

I was in Tampa 6 or 7 years ago on business. One of the guys who worked with our company was with me and he was so dense he appeared unconscious half the time.

Three of us were stopping at an instant teller to get some cash. We pulled in beside a brand new red Mustang. A guy and his girl were sitting in it and I knew that the car was his pride and joy.

Knowing the guy with us was dense, I turned around facing him in the back seat and said, "DO NOT open your car door into that new mustang next to us." He looked at me and therewith opened the door into the side of the Mustang.

Unbelievable. I could not comprehend what I saw. The guy in the Mustang jumped out immediately, screaming about this dumb *** dinging his car. I just sat there and watched, hoping he would kick my coworker's ***.

Mercifully, the Mustang did not receive a crease, and the whole thing blew over. But, I began to have some insight into the kind of people who are smashing other folk's rides.

My coworker was clueless in the most exact and true sense of that expression. The people who create havoc, traffic backups and wrecks while they tool along mindless in the left hand lane doing 20 MPH below the flow of traffic are the same people. If you gave them a brain scan, you would think your equipment was broken.

Couple years ago I had this happen

Asked my neighbor kindly to trim her tree. 1 month later, guess what?

Check out the current state of the tree? G O N E . I complained about dings and scrapes even hit and runs, try having a tree fall on your car, and or all your wheels removed in 45 seconds, door dings suck but dam the tree thing is terrible especially when the neighbor claimed it an "Act of God" and she was not responsible. Thank God She moved. The first branch came down , in Feb 2005, next on in March 05, best part was on feb 14 all 4 of my wheels were stolen so the car was not in the drive way for the second collapse. I remember her saying "How much damage could a couple of branches cause"

Last edited by juicee63; 04-15-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by Cosmic Benz
I have to express my ire about the fact that I recently got a ding in my door. My wife was driving the car to work, but she is as vigilant as I am about parking and keeping the car safe.

Some moron, mutant, SOB put a ding in my new E63's door. I know it can be easily fixed, but it makes me so mad that I had shortness of breath.

I don't even have the words. I just wish I could catch someone doing this one time. But, no--you never see the miscreants that do this kind of thing.

It doesn't help anything, but I just have to vent.
dont know the extent of it but same gig with mine (deep, like about 1/8-1/4 of an inch) but no paint damage. The PDR (painteless dent removal) guy fixed it in about 30 minutes and cost me around $100. Can't see it (and it was on the upper part of my driver side door along the door crease...
Old 04-15-2007, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by juicee63
Couple years ago I had this happen

Asked my neighbor kindly to trim her tree. 1 month later, guess what?

Check out the current state of the tree? G O N E . I complained about dings and scrapes even hit and runs, try having a tree fall on your car, and or all your wheels removed in 45 seconds, door dings suck but dam the tree thing is terrible especially when the neighbor claimed it an "Act of God" and she was not responsible. Thank God She moved. The first branch came down , in Feb 2005, next on in March 05, best part was on feb 14 all 4 of my wheels were stolen so the car was not in the drive way for the second collapse. I remember her saying "How much damage could a couple of branches cause"
Part of me wanted a house when I get a real job coz that's my childhood dream, but it's this kind of **** that kept me and my wife thinking that we should continue to live in high rise condos for the rest of our lives.......
Old 04-16-2007, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by BigApe
Damn dude!!! not that we all dont daydream about doing this but *****! if she had gotten your plate, you could've gone to jail for vandalism and even aggravated assault if you had an aggressive enough prosecuting attorney!!! need more info man.. need more info
I gave her a chance to right her wrong and she chose not to do anything.

I don't think she would have wanted to take me on in court since it would cost more to hire an aggressive attorney for an hour than it would cost to fix the door.

She just learned from an expensive mistake that is all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Door Ding