Sponsored by:

Check oil sensor for E63/CLS63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 cls 63 030
Check oil sensor for E63/CLS63

I have a cls63 and the check oil at next refueling message came up at about 1700 miles. Took the car in for the under 2k service and the message went away. Now have 2300 miles on car an warning came up again. Does this mean that they didnt add any oil at the dealership during the service or what? Really dont want to go back to the dealership so was wondering what oil I should put in and where to get it from. Should this be a cause for concern or is it normal for these cars? Any input is appreciated.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
It's normal. I have 7k miles in my car and those messages came up at least 4 times already.

Went to the dealer the last time it came up (around 6.9k miles) and the technician told me that they didn't add enough oil the last time I went to the dealer for the same reason (check oil).

Just go to your service dept and ask for the technician to add more oil.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by joemoney415
I have a cls63 and the check oil at next refueling message came up at about 1700 miles. Took the car in for the under 2k service and the message went away. Now have 2300 miles on car an warning came up again. Does this mean that they didnt add any oil at the dealership during the service or what? Really dont want to go back to the dealership so was wondering what oil I should put in and where to get it from. Should this be a cause for concern or is it normal for these cars? Any input is appreciated.
Don't worry, but keep track of the consumption.
Take a nice highway trip next weekend and let her run.
Here is a link of early CLS 63 oil topic.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c219/187870-recall-cls-63-a.html
Old 04-23-2007, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by joemoney415
Yeah add a quart of Mobil 0W-40 synthetic
Old 06-05-2007, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealer fibbed about not putting enough oil. The first few thousand 63 Engines have an inherent problem with oil buring. The Engine will use up to 3/4 litres of oil every 3-5 days of driving. My car was changed as a lemon after pnly a few months. Demand to have your car changed otherwise before you know it you will too have placed tend of litres of oil in a oil tank that only takes 8-litres. A Manually assembled Engine should not have a design issue of such. Hundreds of owners have had their 63 cars replaced only to find further Engine problems in addition to the original excessive oil burning. Dont take the stories they tell you, "this car is a thoroughbred or this is a high performance engine, and the engine needs more oil to properly break in", all a bunch of lies. Demand your MB Dealer to replace your car or start calling them. If no joy, call AMG +49 7144 302 0.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Ri99ER
The dealer fibbed about not putting enough oil. The first few thousand 63 Engines have an inherent problem with oil buring. The Engine will use up to 3/4 litres of oil every 3-5 days of driving. My car was changed as a lemon after pnly a few months. Demand to have your car changed otherwise before you know it you will too have placed tend of litres of oil in a oil tank that only takes 8-litres. A Manually assembled Engine should not have a design issue of such. Hundreds of owners have had their 63 cars replaced only to find further Engine problems in addition to the original excessive oil burning. Dont take the stories they tell you, "this car is a thoroughbred or this is a high performance engine, and the engine needs more oil to properly break in", all a bunch of lies. Demand your MB Dealer to replace your car or start calling them. If no joy, call AMG +49 7144 302 0.
My car had the oil light come on 1 time when it needed 1 qt added. Change it every 3k. I do not know of any 63 experiencing the problem you describe