Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there any discounts on E55's?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there any discounts on E55's?

Ok here's the deal, I've got an '05 M3 now (modded) that I'm looking to get out of. Just wondering what kind of deals dealerships are making (if any) on used E55's. How much of a discount were you guys able to get when they were new off the lot or used?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
Any reason why you're wanting to get one form the dealer?
eBay is riddled with them.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by TREZ63
Any reason why you're wanting to get one form the dealer?
eBay is riddled with them.
Lazyness mostly. I don't want to have to deal with selling my car when I can just take it into a dealership with the pink slip, sign some papers, and be done with it.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55
I just bought one this past Sunday for 56k from a BMW dealership in Northern California. It had 4k miles and was showroom clean (and believe me when I tell you that I am the pickiest person in the world). It was part of a Presidential series. I have no idea what that means. They 'say' that there were only 200 made. Actually I think the car might even still be listed on eBay if you search under 'e55 2003'. I'm very happy with the purchase and feel like I got a good deal even though it was a 2003. I know that the numbers might not look amazing since you can find a 2003 e55 in the $48k range, but this thing looked like it belonged in a museum. Nobody could tell that it’s not new. The previous owner obviously never drove it and it appears to have been kept in a vacuum or some kind of stasis bubble. It was fully loaded (except park-tronic and satellite radio) and the acceleration blew me away like no other car has. I had already decided on a 2008 BMW 335. This thing blows its doors off. ...so, anyway, you will find newer cars with more miles around the same price that I paid, though I doubt you'll find another with only 4k miles.

I did add on an extended warranty. Bumper/bumper 4 years/60k miles. Cost 3.4k. I suspect it was money well spent but I hope I’m wrong

So, man those new '08 M3's are beautiful though, aren't they?! I like the vents on the hood. Kinda makes 'em look like a stingray (the fish, not the car).

Originally Posted by BimmerGuy
Ok here's the deal, I've got an '05 M3 now (modded) that I'm looking to get out of. Just wondering what kind of deals dealerships are making (if any) on used E55's. How much of a discount were you guys able to get when they were new off the lot or used?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2007, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Presidential is a special edition that was for AMG/MB executives. I think the major difference w/ "regular" E55 was Presidential has NAV and all carbon fiber trims, which were not possible options for regular '03.

BTW, what extended warranty did you buy? Company name and coverage? If possible, contact person also..

BimmerGuy, PM me if you want to know what I paid. Not sure it's wise for me to post the numbers here as some other members are selling theirs.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by deaded
I just bought one this past Sunday for 56k from a BMW dealership in Northern California. It had 4k miles and was showroom clean (and believe me when I tell you that I am the pickiest person in the world). It was part of a Presidential series. I have no idea what that means. They 'say' that there were only 200 made. Actually I think the car might even still be listed on eBay if you search under 'e55 2003'. I'm very happy with the purchase and feel like I got a good deal even though it was a 2003. I know that the numbers might not look amazing since you can find a 2003 e55 in the $48k range, but this thing looked like it belonged in a museum. Nobody could tell that it’s not new. The previous owner obviously never drove it and it appears to have been kept in a vacuum or some kind of stasis bubble. It was fully loaded (except park-tronic and satellite radio) and the acceleration blew me away like no other car has. I had already decided on a 2008 BMW 335. This thing blows its doors off. ...so, anyway, you will find newer cars with more miles around the same price that I paid, though I doubt you'll find another with only 4k miles.

I did add on an extended warranty. Bumper/bumper 4 years/60k miles. Cost 3.4k. I suspect it was money well spent but I hope I’m wrong

So, man those new '08 M3's are beautiful though, aren't they?! I like the vents on the hood. Kinda makes 'em look like a stingray (the fish, not the car).
Actually your car is missing a few options like ventilated seats, but it does have distronic which my car does not. I paid 45k for the same car with 32k miles. You got a good deal. That is for sure.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:39 PM

2003 E55
Zoink, I'll check on that extended warranty info for you and let you know. It was no deductable which was really cool.

Originally Posted by zxlr88
Actually your car is missing a few options like ventilated seats, but it does have distronic which my car does not. I paid 45k for the same car with 32k miles. You got a good deal. That is for sure.
Thanks. Yeah, you're right. No ventilated seats. Heated seats are there though. I'd definitely trade the distronic for parktronic if I could. I'll never use it. No biggie though.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Nice ride, here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-24-2007, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by zxlr88

Congrats!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by BimmerGuy

Thanks
Congrats, have fun with it, great call on the warranty....
Old 04-24-2007, 09:46 PM

2003 E55
Thanks. Hopefully on Thursday I can take some photos. Those ones on the eBay listing just don't do it justice. They are blown out and make the interior look light grey. I had to go out to the parking lot at work three times today just to look at it. I wish we had indoor parking at work cuz we are very close to the beach so there is salt and stuff in the air.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 PM

I understand going out just to look at your car. I do the same thing. I think the neighbors think I'm weird. I don't care though. Tonight I was out cleaning the tape from the wheels from the new wheel balance. I've never done that before. Enjoy that E55, I've had mine for a week and have no regrets!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 AM

2003 E55
Originally Posted by danrad40
I understand going out just to look at your car. I do the same thing. I think the neighbors think I'm weird. I don't care though. Tonight I was out cleaning the tape from the wheels from the new wheel balance. I've never done that before. Enjoy that E55, I've had mine for a week and have no regrets!!!
Dude... Virtual high-five!