Anybody know how this works??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
Anybody know how this works??

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Mercedes-Ben...QQcmdZViewItem

I want to get a bluetooth for the car, But I dont know how this thing works, is that all I need in order to have the bluetooth in my car? Do you install this somwhere or just let it sleep in your glove box or somthing, Also do the numbers and incoming calls show up on the navi screen/ center of the speedo? and can you dial from the numbers on the navi?....Can some1 school me on this please...thanks

Last edited by PerisanGodFatha; 05-01-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2007 | 04:27 PM

McLaren 12C Spider | Lamborghini Superleggera | Porsche 997.2 TT | Cayenne TT | AMG GTS
That is the newer version of the Bluetooth puck.

Do you have the car kit option installed in your car? The puck takes the place of a physical phone converting your car kit option into a bluetooth car kit. So if you do have the factory car kit buy this adapter and your car kit will now be Bluetooth enabled. If you do not have the integrated phone option you would need to retro fit.

Eric

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 05-01-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2007 | 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by PerisanGodFatha

I want to get a bluetooth for the car, But I dont know how this thing works, is that all I need in order to have the bluetooth in my car? Do you install this somwhere or just let it sleep in your glove box or somthing, Also do the numbers and incoming calls show up on the navi screen/ center of the speedo? and can you dial from the numbers on the navi?....Can some1 school me on this please...thanks
Yes that just plugs right into the MHI slot in your car. No issues at all. That price is a JOKE though. I paid 30 bucks less for the more expensive Bluetooth/Razor cradle.

If you use a razor phone at all I would go for the Razor/Bluetooth cradle as it combines the bluetooth ability from any phone and it also allows you to plug your razor phone into the car and use the external antenna. The cradle also charges the razor phone.

I have it and its a great piece. Light years better than the older MB phone systems which were absolute junk.
Old 05-01-2007 | 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is Sick as Fu*k
whats the MHI? my car didnt come with the phone kit...does that mean i cant use this, or Would i be spending more money on other parts to make this work...Id rather get a headset for $20 of ebay if thats the case
Old 05-03-2007 | 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Dose it work

Originally Posted by PerisanGodFatha

Perisan,
you get hooked up with the bluetooth?
Old 05-03-2007 | 01:45 PM

'08 CL65
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Yes that just plugs right into the MHI slot in your car. No issues at all. That price is a JOKE though. I paid 30 bucks less for the more expensive Bluetooth/Razor cradle.

If you use a razor phone at all I would go for the Razor/Bluetooth cradle as it combines the bluetooth ability from any phone and it also allows you to plug your razor phone into the car and use the external antenna. The cradle also charges the razor phone.

I have it and its a great piece. Light years better than the older MB phone systems which were absolute junk.

Where did you get it?
Old 05-03-2007 | 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
I posted the same thing on the other thread but no response.... since this one has a better response.... so I ask again here.... hopefully someone could answer this

I have this:

Do I need this (the same unit as the one Perisan asked)? Is it plug and play? From the picture it seems to be very big....

Or this? The one that Sandoval bought?

Old 05-03-2007 | 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Will it work with Nokia phones??