Sponsored by:

iPod interface question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E55
iPod interface question

This is probably really dumb, but I just got the iPod interface and I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to pause! Can anyone who has this tell me?

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
I turn the command power off if I want to pause or switch the audio to CD/Radio.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:01 PM

2003 E55
Red face

Oops. This is embarassing. I searched again and found someone who said that pressing the "MUTE" button will pause it. It was not in the manual and I never thought to try it.

Thanks for your reply Jay.

Sorry for the usless new thread.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:03 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Originally Posted by deaded
Oops. This is embarassing. I searched again and found someone who said that pressing the "MUTE" button will pause it. It was not in the manual and I never thought to try it.

Thanks for your reply Jay.

Sorry for the usless new thread.
I learned something new here, gotta try it too.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:32 AM

2003 E55
Nope, the "MUTE" button only mutes it. It does not pause it. As far as I can tell there is no way to pause. Bummer. I guess the power button is the only way.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Switch to radio or satellite and then mute. Not really a pause button but it will keep your place on the iPod.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:08 PM

2003 E55
Originally Posted by xraymd
Switch to radio or satellite and then mute. Not really a pause button but it will keep your place on the iPod.
Thanks. Yeah, that "MUTE" button just mutes it; no pause. Yours is a good workaround. Or I guess I could just hit the power button.

I see you have a CT of the upper thorax there as your avatar. It looks like some kind of metal has penetrated the anterior left chest wall somewhere around the level of mid to upper scapula? Kind of small to read it well but to me it looks like something is collecting there in the pleural space. Tough to know if they have a pneumothorax since it's so small and the lung tissue is not visible, but the mediastinum does seem a bit shifted to the right and the left pleural cavity is a bit larger than the left. My guess from this one slice would be a traumatic tension ptx, maybe from a stab wound or impalement. Clinical correlation would be necessary. Of course what do I know, I'm no radiologist.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by deaded
I see you have a CT of the upper thorax there as your avatar. It looks like some kind of metal has penetrated the anterior left chest wall somewhere around the level of mid to upper scapula? Kind of small to read it well but to me it looks like something is collecting there in the pleural space. Tough to know if they have a pneumothorax since it's so small and the lung tissue is not visible, but the mediastinum does seem a bit shifted to the right and the left pleural cavity is a bit larger than the left. My guess from this one slice would be a traumatic tension ptx, maybe from a stab wound or impalement. Clinical correlation would be necessary. Of course what do I know, I'm no radiologist.
I still dont understand why CTs are read as if from the foot of the patient and not the head.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:39 PM

2003 E55
Dunno. That's what they taught us to do in school and I've never questioned it. I suspect it's arbitrary but it's important for it to be standardized so when can avoid mistakes.