Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:30 AM
kip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
FINALLY A W211 E55 AMG at home+help needed

Hi!

After surfing on this board a few years now and after selling the E39 M5 and doing a mind battle between the E60 M5 and E55 AMG I finally got me an E55 AMG. I have to say the power is great and I am a little worried how the 18inch wheels will handle in the snow, but I JUST REALLY LOVE THE CAR! This is my first MERC ever after being a BMW man for many years and cars and I hope the reliability is better than in the E60 M5, because that was probably the biggest reason why I converted to MB!

The car is a 2004 model.
I already found questions for you:

-Can you tilt the mirrors during parking? ..and if, how?
-In the NAV how do you get the woman to shout directions louder than the radio?
-Can you make the NAV screen blackout?
-Can you get the NAV screen to show distance to destination instead of the useless longitude and latitude information or do you allways have to press the info button?

KIP

Last edited by kip; 05-24-2007 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
re mirrors - can change that via the steering wheel buttons. I think its in the conveniece menu
re voice volume - press the repeat button on the COMAND (looks like an ear), while shes talking adjust the volume either on the steering wheel buttons or the rotary knob on the COMAND
re - Nav blackout - I dont think so - in settings you can adjust day/night/auto and brightness

re- distance to destination - I can't on mine, so I dont think you can.

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by kip
Hi!

After surfing on this board a few years now and after selling the E39 M5 and doing a mind battle between the E60 M5 and E55 AMG I finally got me an E55 AMG. I have to say the power is great and I am a little worried how the 18inch wheels will handle in the snow, but I JUST REALLY LOVE THE CAR! This is my first MERC ever after being a BMW man for many years and cars and I hope the reliability is better than in the E60 M5, because that was probably the biggest reason why I converted to MB!

The car is a 2004 model.
I already found questions for you:

-Can you tilt the mirrors during parking? ..and if, how?
-In the NAV how do you get the woman to shout directions louder than the radio?
-Can you make the NAV screen blackout?
-Can you get the NAV screen to show distance to destination instead of the useless longitude and latitude information or do you allways have to press the info button?

KIP
Congrats and post some pictures..........

RE-tilted mirrors... convience menu and make sure the mirror selection button is selected to the driverside....
RE-nav-what the dude said above post....
RE-black out - you can actually turn off ur screen... its in one of the menu options on the command
RE-distance to destination.... I dont think sooo....

Good luck with your vehicle.... I had many lil bugs with mine so good luck with yours..... I went to BMW because my new 3 series handled better than my E55.... Good luck and safe driving... the torque is addicting!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Welcome !

Fine choice you made.

As far as the 18's go, I drove through this last fairly crappy winter using the E55 as my daily.

Dunlop SP sport winter M3's did the job admirably.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
RE-tilted mirrors... convience menu and make sure the mirror selection button is selected to the driverside...
Or you meant the Passenger side? Which is the side of the mirror that tilts down. At least thats how on mine works.

Congrats on the Beast. Drive hard but drive safe
Old 05-24-2007, 11:34 AM
kip

E55
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Congrats and post some pictures..........

RE-tilted mirrors... convience menu and make sure the mirror selection button is selected to the driverside....
RE-nav-what the dude said above post....
RE-black out - you can actually turn off ur screen... its in one of the menu options on the command
RE-distance to destination.... I dont think sooo....

Good luck with your vehicle.... I had many lil bugs with mine so good luck with yours..... I went to BMW because my new 3 series handled better than my E55.... Good luck and safe driving... the torque is addicting!!!

Thanks for all the answers! I bought Dunlops for the winter so nice to hear that they are ok! They were actually the last winter wheels left...

Thanks also for the NAV tips, the voice has been really annoying when you cant hear her...

Talking about the tilting mirrors, I actually didnt mean the parking assistance tilting you get when you press the adjusting button for the passanger, I meant tilting of both mirrors like all BMW do when you park in a tight space and you dont want the mirrors to be smashed in, there is a button for this I hope?

Last edited by kip; 05-24-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by kip
Talking about the tilting mirrors, I actually didnt mean the parking assistance tilting you get when you press the adjusting button, I meant tilting of both mirrors like all BMW do when you park in a tight space and you dont want the mirrors to be smashed in, there is a button for this I hope?

You meant the FOLDING mirrors. My understanding is only the Euro mirrors auto-fold, not the US version.

Trending Topics

Old 05-24-2007, 11:45 AM
kip

E55
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
You meant the FOLDING mirrors. My understanding is only the Euro mirrors auto-fold, not the US version.
I live in Finland= euro version. Anyone know how to fold the mirrors?

Last edited by kip; 05-24-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:51 AM

2012 Diavel
My 2006 will give distance to destination in the secondary screen mode. And her voice ususally cuts off the audio when she's talking.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
congrats!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Originally Posted by kip
Thanks for all the answers! I bought Dunlops for the winter so nice to hear that they are ok! They were actually the last winter wheels left...

Thanks also for the NAV tips, the voice has been really annoying when you cant hear her...

Talking about the tilting mirrors, I actually didnt mean the parking assistance tilting you get when you press the adjusting button for the passanger, I meant tilting of both mirrors like all BMW do when you park in a tight space and you dont want the mirrors to be smashed in, there is a button for this I hope?

A button on the door panel. If you don't have it, you don't have the option.
For distance to destination, you can also get that by selecting the NAV screen in the center dash display from the steering wheel buttons. It will then display the street, distance to next turn, etc.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Banned

AMGs
Congrats.