Trip to MIR from NY/NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Trip to MIR from NY/NJ

How many people in the NY/NJ area would be interested in a 2 day/ 1 night trip to Maryland to run at MIR. Maybe we can stop at Baltimore Harbor and get some good seafood the evening before and run our cars at the track in the morning. It would be nice if we could get everyone together from the Northeast and the Mid-Atlantic to run our cars at the same track.. Just curious as to who would be willing to make the drive.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
im willing to make the drive FYI baltimore is about 2.5 hrs from MIR, even I drive 1.5 - 2hrs to get there, its deep southern MD but obviously worth the trip and would be an awesome event. Wouldnt it be nice if the m5board guys would show up could be big event
Old 06-18-2007, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by E55JAY
im willing to make the drive FYI baltimore is about 2.5 hrs from MIR, even I drive 1.5 - 2hrs to get there, its deep southern MD but obviously worth the trip and would be an awesome event. Wouldnt it be nice if the m5board guys would show up could be big event
Is Baltimore out of your way? If you or Blackbenz could recommend a meeting point in Maryland near MIR that would be great. The idea being that it probably wouldnt be a good idea to run our cars at the track the same day that we drive down from NYC. Maybe we can do it around the July 4th holiday, as it would probably be easier for most people to take off from work one day that week?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Is Baltimore out of your way? If you or Blackbenz could recommend a meeting point in Maryland near MIR that would be great. The idea being that it probably wouldnt be a good idea to run our cars at the track the same day that we drive down from NYC. Maybe we can do it around the July 4th holiday, as it would probably be easier for most people to take off from work one day that week?
most of us live in the DC area about 1.5 hrs north of MIR, baltimore is 45 minutes north of the DC area, youd pass by us on the way down to the track, but if youre going to stay down close to the track its a bit rural.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
I want to come? Any sponsors? Jay?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
id come if we could get enough people to make it worth a car hauler! adam did you get a trailer yet? we could pull it with my hummer but gas would kill us! lol.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
I want to come? Any sponsors? Jay?
come on man, bring the whole crew
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
How many people in the NY/NJ area would be interested in a 2 day/ 1 night trip to Maryland to run at MIR. Maybe we can stop at Baltimore Harbor and get some good seafood the evening before and run our cars at the track in the morning. It would be nice if we could get everyone together from the Northeast and the Mid-Atlantic to run our cars at the same track.. Just curious as to who would be willing to make the drive.
On what day, it's a little long but MIR is by far a better track than MOROSSO. Are saturdays available for rental?

Total Est. Time: 15 hours, 57 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1048.81 miles
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by rflow306
On what day, it's a little long but MIR is by far a better track than MOROSSO. Are saturdays available for rental?

Total Est. Time: 15 hours, 57 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1048.81 miles
not for rental
Old 06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
not for rental
I take it only non-test and tune nights.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Originally Posted by rflow306
I take it only non-test and tune nights.
they have a fair amount of events on the weekends and are usually booked friday evening thru sunday evening leaving just the weekdays.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I'm DEFINITELY in. Like Jason said, we are about 1.5-2 hours away depending on traffic north of MIR. I have the contacts at MIR to rent it out for us but it would have to be a weekday. Going to a test and tune would not be worth the drive, unless you are happy with 2 or 3 passes the whole night. I can get a few M's to show up as well. Lets make this happen!
I wouldnt recommend staying the night at Budds Creek (where MIR is located) because its in the middle of nowhere and nothing to do. Both me and Jason are close to DC so that would be a good place to stay as well as get some nice photos. I'll try to get some girls to come model as well Baltimore would work too but its a bit farther away.

The only problem I forsee with 4th of july week is that it will probably be very hot. If this is only going to be a one time thing I say we wait til the fall.

rflow- I guarantee you will beat your own record at MIR given a nice cool day.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 06-18-2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
You bring up a very good point. We might as well wait until the fall. Maybe a Monday that way we can drive down on the weekend. Any thoughts? How nice would it be to get trailers from Miami and California to haul cars to MIR for the day.... Out of curiousity, do you think MIR is a faster track than Atco.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I'm not sure if MIR is faster than Atco but I can tell you alot of the fastest times out there have been run at MIR. Ranger and his vettes, Jason and his quickest/fastest CL600, Stephen and his S600, DJE55 ran low 11's in his E55, fastest BMW in North America, my quickest/fastest CLK55, the quickest stock w208 clk55 etc etc
Old 06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
holy shiit im as stupid as they come so i looked at a map and you guys are on the other side of the planet!
but im still down for this if you give time to plan ahead! and i need my mentor juice63 (he is a blast to be around) to come along.lol anyone know what it cost to truck your car across the world?lol.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
holy shiit im as stupid as they come so i looked at a map and you guys are on the other side of the planet!
but im still down for this if you give time to plan ahead! and i need my mentor juice63 (he is a blast to be around) to come along.lol anyone know what it cost to truck your car across the world?lol.

We have to go,Westside , gotta rep the West! I think Adam said AMG would pay

I certainly would be game for a run @ MIR. It is certain the East has better tracks. Maybe I will be a finalist for the 1 million bracket race around that time and I will have to be in the East anyway !!!!. Rocket you need your car to not have any failures if you wanna make this trek! Sleeper and the East coasters are simply off the charts on speed. We would need to make sure not to embarassssss ourselves. Maybe Ben T and his gal and Tommy could come. RFLOW squeezed and ran a 10.7 @ 132!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, Sleeper buries fools daily, Rock is destroying M5's as if they had the old 3 litre in em. Enzom, is simply stock running what your modded car runs... Oh yeah and then we have the CL600 to deal with!! Jason is hammering out 1.6 60 ft times as if you could pick them up at the starbucks drivethru. I am down to get the cars on a transport and fly out. AMG would love to Sponsor a So Cal No Cal Drag Team.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:00 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
You could stay in the Waldorf area which is about a 30-40 min. ride from MIR. There are lots of restaurants and hotels/motels in the area. That's where alot of the racers stay when they come for a show. Also just South of the track is the Patuxent Naval Base area that's been built up a lot.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
most of us live in the DC area about 1.5 hrs north of MIR, baltimore is 45 minutes north of the DC area, youd pass by us on the way down to the track, but if youre going to stay down close to the track its a bit rural.

That's an understatement!

I mean, there is nothing close to MIR that nice and happening. I guess Waldorf would be the best bet for you guys, but even Waldorf is a bit red-neckish. Although, it's better than 10 years ago, that's for sure.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:40 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
You bring up a very good point. We might as well wait until the fall. Maybe a Monday that way we can drive down on the weekend. Any thoughts? How nice would it be to get trailers from Miami and California to haul cars to MIR for the day.... Out of curiousity, do you think MIR is a faster track than Atco.
If plans are for a fall meet, I am good. Need to know in advance though .
Old 06-18-2007, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by juicee63

I certainly would be game for a run @ MIR. It is certain the East has better tracks. Maybe I will be a finalist for the 1 million bracket race around that time and I will have to be in the East anyway !!!!. Rocket you need your car to not have any failures if you wanna make this trek! Sleeper and the East coasters are simply off the charts on speed. We would need to make sure not to embarassssss ourselves. Maybe Ben T and his gal and Tommy could come. RFLOW squeezed and ran a 10.7 @ 132!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, Sleeper buries fools daily, Rock is destroying M5's as if they had the old 3 litre in em. Enzom, is simply stock running what your modded car runs... Oh yeah and then we have the CL600 to deal with!! Jason is hammering out 1.6 60 ft times as if you could pick them up at the starbucks drivethru. I am down to get the cars on a transport and fly out. AMG would love to Sponsor a So Cal No Cal Drag Team.
juice lets go brother!
side note i think i found a serious problem with my car, as soon as the part gets here that i need to fix it i will be 11.5 no problems as it sits. even with the ****ty prep we have here. over there i could probably knock off a 10th or 2 with good launch.
sleeper try to get a set date (with some time and notice) and then i will look into gettin there with some other westsiders!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by juicee63

Well, its a conceivable idea that AMG might want to get involved; but i am not sure. I can try discussing the idea with AMG but most likely they do not want to get involved.

Last edited by AdamG@NorCal; 06-18-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
holy shiit im as stupid as they come so i looked at a map and you guys are on the other side of the planet!lol

anyone know what it cost to truck your car across the world?lol.
Anyway,about 800.00 each way for good covered transport.Can be done cheaper,maybe 600.00ish each way.

I'll just fly out there and rent an exotic car instead.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Anyway,about 800.00 each way for good covered transport.Can be done cheaper,maybe 600.00ish each way.

I'll just fly out there and rent an exotic car instead.
How much does it cost by train? Maybe you guys could get a discount for multiple cars if you get them trailered.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Well, its a conceivable idea that AMG might want to get involved; but i am not sure. I can try discussing the idea with AMG but most likely they do not want to get involved.
If the cars were all stock,they might but even then I highly doubt it.I doubt they would want to sit there and explain why the 55's are killing the 63's back to back to back.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by Jrocket
If the cars were all stock,they might but even then I highly doubt it.I doubt they would want to sit there and explain why the 55's are killing the 63's back to back to back.

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa!!

we would be racing stock vs stock , mod vs mod then East vs. West. Stock 55 aint beating stock 63 Anyone lining up vs my car seems to have engine and or driver failure

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trip to MIR from NY/NJ