Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M6
Talking

Originally Posted by blackbenzz
What does that prove? I mean besides the fact that you and Gustav are butt buddies.
Seems like you might be trolling for a nice hot young piece of ***. Since it was you that brought the subject of 'butt-buddies', I am really concerned that this forum is infected with a bunch of NAMBLA members. Is that what the MBWorld is all about?

Man-Boy World??? You guys are sick...

I'm sure you could google your way into gay underage sex, but how about leaving your freak-minded inuendos for your underage **** forum and not to one that discusses the atributes of fast cars...
Old 07-02-2007, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Sheeesh this thread still going on ...

Talk about guys desperate to make a point....

You can tell me all day how fast an M5/M6 is >120mph ... see how much I care - I have had my car over 120mph once since I have owned it ... It does not bother me at all...

The problem I have is rationalising how a M6/M5 can outrun an SL65 is just such a mind bender I simply cannot come to grips with it... it is something I will have to see with my own eyes to believe ... no matter what opinions, proof or "facts" you or anyone else may present. Sorry.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs down No wonder why someone trashed Gustavs' M5

Originally Posted by RS-Kicker
Nope. I know Gustav since we're from the same town and share the same interest but I am not him and he did not ask for any help.
Since I also run RS6.com we're more of competitors when it comes to cars and what we prefer.
But I have always been a person who likes facts and when I see the s*it some people write here I thought it would be nice to add some facts (but it seems a lot of people here seem to prefer fiction)
Ask me and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Since you're a moderator I'm sure you can see that I don't share the same ip.
And you and I have almost the same join date

I post the same facts on a few other forums a few weeks ago.
If you see it as helping, I guess you're having problems with the facts.
And fact remains, I was there were you?
Your presence is meaningless Arsehole including your facts statement! Racing from optimum rolls are just one form of racing, Why not race from a stop? you guys never do that, I wonder why, maybe because you will lose? ! It's just a reflection of your stupidity and bias. Again it's apparent why someone trahed Gustavs M5 last year with posts like this and your moronic bias.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Nope. I know Gustav since we're from the same town and share the same interest but I am not him and he did not ask for any help.

Since you're a moderator I'm sure you can see that I don't share the same ip.
And you and I have almost the same join date

I post the same facts on a few other forums a few weeks ago.
If you see it as helping, I guess you're having problems with the facts.
And fact remains, I was there were you?
Since you seem to like the word FACT:

FACT 1
Good to hear you are not one and the same person.

FACT 2
Interestingly I can't find where I even hinted at the fact of this IP sharing that you raised in your post.

FACT 3
Where does "18 month vacation/hiatus" equate to "join date"?

FACT 4
Glad to hear that you where there. I don't need to.

FACT 5
Glad to hear you were there the last few years. Where were you on Gustav's last go around that caused him a suspension. Don't remember you posting then. Must've happened during your posting absence. NP. You can make up for it now.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:35 PM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by chiromikey
quit patting yourself on the back for supposedly bringing up the "facts". if you were such a special guy you would have brought up the facts surrounding the races long before the 5th page of this debacle.
You remind me of one of the most pathetic commanders I have ever worked for. He typically would ***** and whine about news that didn't suit him with words like--"why didn't I know about this before?" What he meant was-- "Why didn't I know about this before I made myself look like a jackass???!!!"

You got the facts when they became available. Please stop complaining.

regardless, lets break those facts down to their simplest form...the facts are that once again, m cars are going up against sick cars that were touted as being monsters but ending up being wounded ducks.

c'mon out here with gustav and we'll show you what really happens when m cars race healthy cars of any make.
That's it??? That's all you have after all the videos? You claim the cars were 'wounded ducks'? Come on!!! You can do better than that. It must have been the alignment of the planets that caused the gravitational forces to side with my car, or the fact that the Chrysler people contaminated the fuel system of all Mercs. Come on--think of something better than that!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:46 PM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by deaguero
Your presence is meaningless Arsehole including your facts statement! Racing from optimum rolls are just one form of racing, Why not race from a stop? you guys never do that, I wonder why, maybe because you will lose? ! It's just a reflection of your stupidity and bias. Again it's apparent why someone trahed Gustavs M5 last year with posts like this and your moronic bias.
I have no problem racing from a stop. I will be there next year so bring me your Mercs and let's do it. Just be willing to go the distance...

Better yet... meet me at the Ring and I'll show you why MB cannot compete with even a little ole VW R32...
Old 07-02-2007, 01:34 PM

E55 AMG -04
Wow this thread is amazing. Is it just in the W211 AMG section this is going on? It would be interesting to see how old all you guys are, if it wasn't for you all owning a car and theirby at least being above 16 ( in the USA) I would probably guess below 10 .

Last edited by borand; 07-02-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
and to think some of u actually had an inkling of respect for RussRamz, he tried to come off as respectable, nice try, hes nothing but another of M5board lackey, entertaining nonetheless....keep your *** right there in europe as noone has anything to prove to you as we have a mountain more data/facts than u can shake a stick at.....your M car want NOTHING of what we have to offer here, those are the facts But keep it up, its a nice read while on my vacation
Old 07-02-2007, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Originally Posted by borand
Wow this thread is amazing. Is just in the W211 AMG section this is going on? It would be interesting to see how old all you guys are, if it wasn't for you all owning a car and theirby at least being above 16 ( in the USA) I would probably guess below 10 .
were just a bunch of kids over here, welcome to MBWorld
Old 07-02-2007, 01:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL230 -64 Pagoda
if you were such a special guy you would have brought up the facts surrounding the races long before the 5th page of this debacle.
I didn't see this thread until I started posting, my world doesn't spin around bmworld.com. But I have posted similar things long before, it was basically copy + paste from a post over 6speedonline etc. and I expected you guys to enjoy more facts and pictures.

Here's another interesting thread from the guy who drove the Z06.
Again, not my words, not Gustav's etc.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1727145

"Z06 Vs. SLR; Before this race the SLR had slaughtered all it's competition including an SL65.....So I was pretty sure the same would happen to me....But no....to my big surprise the Z06 was faster than the SLR up to 250/260 km when I had to go into 5th gear.......And missed......so I lost the race....but only the last 100 meters or so due to my own fault...."

"Kelllners M6: This M6 is tuned to 570 Hp by Kellners in Germany. The driver was an American living in Germany calling himself Ruzzrams on the Internet. This M6 is really fast and has a very loud and raw sound...In the first race against the M6 I did the same driver error as above so we decided to go for a rerun.....In the rerun I drove almost perfect except for hitting the rev limiter once which actually didn't matter much....I managed to win over the M6.....But I could notice how he gained on me as I went into 5th gear........had we gone further and in higher speeds I think he would be faster than the Z06."
Old 07-02-2007, 01:56 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by deaguero
RS-Kicker = ****-Kicker. Never ever realised how useful my nick would become when I joined.

The reason for using RS (Rolling Start) is to minimise wear and damage to the cars.

Last year there were a few cars that did SS so it's up to the drivers and what they agree to, as the M5 E39 was faster than the RS4 on RS they wanted to try a SS as well.

I have no problems doing S Starts, but they do wear a lot more tires, clutch etc. I think the M6 with Lanch Control would be quite dangerous, and a RUF R Turbo has 4WD and a reinforced drive line so no problem.
I will remeber this thread when I have the video, I guess it is easier for me to find an E55, SL65 than it is for you to find an M6 or a R Turbo 650.

But yeah, all 40+ drivers and guests are stoopid and biased.

Last edited by RS-Kicker; 07-02-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:59 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
FACT 5
Glad to hear you were there the last few years. Where were you on Gustav's last go around that caused him a suspension. Don't remember you posting then. Must've happened during your posting absence. NP. You can make up for it now.
I didn't know he was suspended and I guess I was working if you need to know
Old 07-02-2007, 02:12 PM

BMW M6
Originally Posted by E55JAY
and to think some of u actually had an inkling of respect for RussRamz, he tried to come off as respectable,
I really don't know what you people expect. I don't have a problem responding to logical discussion, but at the moment I lower myself to your level with ridiculous comments, you BLAME ME for being disrespectful... What a joke.

You expect people to take the crap you throw around without retaliation--wrong. I have no problem with carrying on a logical discussion with adults, but since a majority of you appear to be children, I am forced to lower myself to your level. If you care to act like adults, I will respond in kind--if not, I can slam my fists on the table whining about eating my vegetables too...

I just thought that's how it worked here...
Old 07-02-2007, 02:14 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by stevebez
The problem I have is rationalising how a M6/M5 can outrun an SL65 is just such a mind bender I simply cannot come to grips with it... it is something I will have to see with my own eyes to believe ... no matter what opinions, proof or "facts" you or anyone else may present. Sorry.
The SL65 is fast, but 0-200 km/h about equal to a stock M6.
At least according to the tests I've seen.
Source: http://www.einszweidrei.de/
But Russ' M6 is tuned, not stock, so hopefully a bit faster than stock.
And the SL65 can be tuned as wll of course.

Just one note: THERE ARE NO VIDEOS YET with Russ's car vs. the SL65 out yet so I think you're all jumping to conclusions without reading.
(not from Gustav anyway)

Here's a list of all the races (I hope it's ok to link, otherwise pls. remove).
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97994

The only MB AMG cars I can see (so far) are the E55 AMG and the ML63 AMG.
And the ML63 AMG did great! I'm very impressed with it, the surprise of the day!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Which one are you??

Ruf Centre Sweden
Peter Wanting ( left) and Erik Bjälkvall.
Standings Marc Bongers, from Ruf.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Nevermind, got it now.

Just wanted to know who we were talking to.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:33 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Which one are you??
Simple.

I'm the stupid *** buddie (sorry if I missed a nick-name I was recently given.)
Old 07-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
That sheds a little light on the issue here. The Ruf and M cars dominated the day. Good for your Ruf sales huh? Its nice to have unbiased cars running at an airstrip
Old 07-02-2007, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs down Retard!

Originally Posted by RussRamz
I have no problem racing from a stop. I will be there next year so bring me your Mercs and let's do it. Just be willing to go the distance...

Better yet... meet me at the Ring and I'll show you why MB cannot compete with even a little ole VW R32...
You magnify your stupidity by this statement!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:05 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
The Ruf and M cars dominated the day. Good for your Ruf sales huh? Its nice to have unbiased cars running at an airstrip
What light did it shed? I wrote it in my second post, it was hardly a secret.

Ruf cars came 1st and second (customer cars), CGT third, and MB fourth with the SLR.
I guess the Z06 was next but I'm not sure. Not even sure where the M cars came in at.

And yes, I do like to show customers that the product is working as expected.
I'm not in this business to make people's cars slower, I want to give them value for their money and warranty on the product.

Kleemann was there last year with a 640 hp car, but I'm not sure if it generated any extra sales but we all had a good time which is the main purpose. Incidentally, they're our next door neighbour in the garage.

It's hardly a surprise that the Rufs are fast cars and it's quite natrual they won if you look at pure data (hp / torque etc.)

Here's a test from Road & Track, hope you can trust it as it was on an american airfield

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=2572
http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...read_carts.pdf
That's a Ruf R Turbo 590. The one that won was a 650.

Last edited by RS-Kicker; 07-02-2007 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
What light did it shed? I wrote it in my second post, it was hardly a secret.
I know the Rufs are fast. I was just saying that you had a vested interest in the outcome of the races.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:23 PM
kip

E55
I promised myself not to post on these kinds of threads but here I go again...

Originally Posted by RussRamz

Ok now YOU are aggitated by people on this board and boosting your car, which sort of is also wrong. You have to realize if you want objectivity you cant get it from the board who own these cars (me included). When I questioned this Alpina race and posted Sport Auto and Auto Motor und sport results on M5board, I got even a post saying that an E55 AMG cannot go under 5 seconds from 0-100 km/h. And I was accused that especially the E55 car mag times were from specially tuned press cars. Do you know how that pissed me off. But I didnt go for that because the comments are just crap.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98654

Here are some objective facts about your comment(couldnt find Nurburgring times):
Hockenheim short ring
1:20.3 --- 116.563 km/h – VW Golf V R32, 250 PS/1591 kg (sport auto 09/06)
1:20.7 --- 115.985 km/h - VW Golf IV R32 (sport auto 02/03)
1:17.6 --- 120.619 km/h - Mercedes E55 AMG, 476 PS/1953 kg (sport auto 11/05)

By the way with MB were you referring to any MB (CLK DTM, CLK Black series etc), because you made a strong statement.

There are a few things why these videos (although really fun to watch (mostly)) and would be a hoot to participate in have very limited value:

-You have to understand that when an over 600 hp SL looses to a much weaker car it looks wierd. You also have to understand that when a M5 and B5 walk many car lengths on a car which now objective car mag has reproduced it also looks wierd. I also hope that you realize anyone posting on M5board about AMG superioirity gets trashed instantly. Trust me the treatment is no better than for you here.

-The other problem is putting tuned cars against stock cars, whats the point?
You are comparing tuners not cars. Why not only stock M6/M5 vs stock E55? And why E55, why not the 7 speed E63? This is the newest E AMG there is.

-Also because these are not test cars, but from individual persons the driving skills, tyre size + condition + car condition + fuel + fuel amount + people amount + accessories vary, allthough not as much as driving from a stop

I hope you atleast agree these videos are observations not facts...facts would have been eg racelogic based statistics, which are not "cone speed" etcdependent:

http://www.performancebox.co.uk/

Thats why these threads are actually a waste of time...

Last edited by kip; 07-02-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:32 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
I know the Rufs are fast. I was just saying that you had a vested interest in the outcome of the races.
I think all people have an interest in winning, we all like to win.

And I prefer companies that put their efforts into winning and doing things, rather than buying ads claiming they are the best.

You could say that the car company "7H" (you can see their logo on a few of the cars, the SL65 for instance) also had a strong interest in winning.
One M5 and the M6 had Kelleners tuning.
The Viper had a Supercharger.
And the Z06 had tuning as well "Halltech Killer Bee and tune."

Fact remains: Regardless of the interest in winning, it doesn't make the car faster or slower that day.

Kleemann had an interest in winning as well last year, they did not.
I still like them as a tuner but they were a dissapointment last year

But it seems people here think this is staged and that we paid money to win.
I can assure you we did not.

I really, really look forward to seeing the video of the Carrera GT vs. the Ruf R Turbo.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:37 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
They do similar shootouts in England as well.

http://www.vmax15000bhp.com/

A SL600 Kleemann have done ok
http://www.vmax15000bhp.com/results.htm
SL65 (tuned)
http://www.vmax15000bhp.com/results-vmax6.htm

I think this event was broadcasted by Fifth Gear / Tiff Nedell
http://www.vmax15000bhp.com/results-vmax7.htm

Seems like similar results to what "we" concluded, except there are no (many) M cars in the lists.

Russ, time for a visit to England with your M6?
I think they are racing this weekend and in August.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I think all people have an interest in winning, we all like to win.

Fact remains: Regardless of the interest in winning, it doesn't make the car faster or slower that day.
Obviously. But the dollar sign gives you much more incentive to win (which you get from incresed sales due to video of Z car beating up on cars A-Y)

It doesnt make the cars faster or slower but there are factors that can be manipulated to effect a cars performance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5