Sponsored by:

Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by kip
-The other problem is putting tuned cars against stock cars, whats the point?
Why not stock M6/M5 vs stock E55? And why E55, why not the 7 speed E63?
Terve Kip,

I can't even think how uncommon these types of cars are in Finland, but they aren't all over the place here either. And a lot of the owners would never race their cars.
Another subject is time. There isn't time for 100 cars to drive vs. each other.
40-50 cars is enough to allow for re-races etc.

The point could be that you evaluate how a stock vs. tuned car goes.
Can be fun sometime, misleading other times if the facts are unknown.

But if I was in the market for tuning, I'd sure as h*ll would like to see how it performs before I but it.

Or when my friends tried an E55 with €18.000 worth of Brabus on it vs stock and stock was faster...

Do you have an E55? Join us next time!
Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Obviously. But the dollar sign gives you much more incentive to win (which you get from incresed sales due to video of Z car beating up on cars A-Y)

It doesnt make the cars faster or slower but there are factors that can be manipulated to effect a cars performance
The outcome of these races won't change my future - I wish!

I am sure things can be manipulated, but with more than 40+ cars + guests there are enough witnesses and they are welcome to step forward.
The Rufs didn't have any ice on the intercoolers, no race fuel, no NOZ, no [insert cheat of your choice here.]
It's a customer car that just travelled ~1500 kms from Ruf Germany to this airfield. It's his daily driver.

Sadly the Rt12 had a puncture the evening before, we fixed it but the owner didn't dare to race (confidence with a repaired tire + 300 km/h+ runs) and I can't blame him.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
kip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by RS-Kicker
Terve Kip,

I can't even think how uncommon these types of cars are in Finland, but they aren't all over the place here either. And a lot of the owners would never race their cars.
Another subject is time. There isn't time for 100 cars to drive vs. each other.
40-50 cars is enough to allow for re-races etc.

The point could be that you evaluate how a stock vs. tuned car goes.
Can be fun sometime, misleading other times if the facts are unknown.

But if I was in the market for tuning, I'd sure as h*ll would like to see how it performs before I but it.

Or when my friends tried an E55 with €18.000 worth of Brabus on it vs stock and stock was faster...

Do you have an E55? Join us next time!
Hi!

Yes I have an E55 bone stock after 4 BMW's including the E39 M5 which I loved. It would be nice to see your event sometime as I suspect you had more fun there than talking about it here . And you have a point there that tuner races are interesting like in your BILSPORT magazine which gives many surprising results. These kinds of debates are just hard, since we all like are cars a lot!

Last edited by kip; 07-03-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Been away from this thread for a while. Man, it has taken a life of its own. What is the point of all of this "back and forth"? Especially the insults.

If you believe that someone is a tool/liar/****, you shouldn't expect that person to agree with you. So why continue arguing? And if you believe that Gustav and his friends post here just to goad people on this board into arguments and generate traffic for his site and sales of his videos, you are only helping him by obliging. So why continue? Makes little sense.

I enjoyed these videos. Am I going to fall on my sword to prove that the Supra was not running well, that the Viper could never have won with its gearbox problems, etc.? No. Not that important.

As I said before - people were invited to run from a 50 kph roll. People brought their cars, ailments and all. And some of them lost to a car that "mathematically" should not have won. If they stopped the race at 200 kph, or ran from a dig, or ran from a 5 mph roll, maybe the races would have been different. But the races were as advertised.

This event was organized by people who obviously have a marketing interest in the outcome. That's clear. That doesn't mean that the results are fake. Is it possible that the conditions were selected to flatter the sponsor's cars? Sure. That's life. Were some of the competitor cars unhealthy? Sure. Again, that's life. If AMG sponsored a drag-strip challenge and invited a bunch of competitors, there would also be criticism from fans of the non-AMG cars based on the format of the races.

This is a public forum, and anyone can post just about anything. I'm not here to advise people on how to post, but I would offer a suggestion - if you think you might come across as a d!ck because you are posting out of anger, stop for a second and figure out what you want to say in a way that gets your message across. Believe me, I get as annoyed as anyone else when I read posts that are the literal equivalent of a thumb in my eye. But once you start on the path of trading insults, you can't come back.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by kip
It would be nice to see your event sometime as I suspect you had more fun there than talking about it here
Very true!

If you pm me I will give you my e-mail and invite you next time.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
They do similar shootouts in England as well.

http://www.vmax15000bhp.com/....

I think they are racing this weekend and in August.
Dayam ... missed this .... I have just requested to go - but I think they are probably full up already .. will definitely try go to the August event though. ASP E55 (limited) and a 600HP Wetterauer SL55 (fully delimited) might go ... will let you know if we get a spot.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well we are all set to go ... there seems to be some last minute drop outs at the event on Saturday just waiting for confirmation ... so we will see an ASP E55 and a fully delimited Wetterauer SL55 in action ... 2 mile air strip ...

Some of the other "guests" will include a Zonda and RUFF RT12 and a bunch of Porsches ... I hope there is at least 1 "M" car. Anyone?

Yes my handycam has just been repaired and will be present ... as well as a datalogger.

EDIT: All Confirmed. I will be up against an RS6 and a E63 too ...

Last edited by stevebez; 07-03-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by stevebez
Well we are all set to go ... there seems to be some last minute drop outs at the event on Saturday just waiting for confirmation ... so we will see an ASP E55 and a fully delimited Wetterauer SL55 in action ... 2 mile air strip ...

Some of the other "guests" will include a Zonda and RUFF RT12 and a bunch of Porsches ... I hope there is at least 1 "M" car. Anyone?

Yes my handycam has just been repaired and will be present ... as well as a datalogger.

I am soooo jealous. Have a great time.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks! It feels like friggin Xmas!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 03:07 AM
kip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Very true!

If you pm me I will give you my e-mail and invite you next time.
Sent you a pm.