Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
SL230 -64 Pagoda
Thumbs up

OK...back to reality.

We have done these events in Sweden for 3 years in a row now.
The first year, when the M5 E60 was brand new, I rent the airfield and set my target at putting the M5 below 1,2,3:rd place.
Gustav had the M5 E60 press car for a few days and we raced, unfortunately the airfield was cut in two so a bit too short for what we wanted.
So I called and emailed all my friends and I think I was quite successful in competing the M5.
For the record there was an E55 AMG there, and I think an E55 AMG T as well.
They were both fast, but slower than the M5.

Some reflections:
These cars were the owners cars, driven by the owners (or in some few cases someone better, more familiar with high speeds.)

From what I can see/understand the Z06 mis-shifted in one of the runs (**** happens, but not likely to happen with the M6), the Supra had problems and I actually drove the owner back home in my car but I would say a few of the runs was ok. It probably had around 600 hp.

The Viper...let me say I'm not sure there are any 700 hp in that car, but it was the owner who said 700 hp no one else...

People say the SL65 wasn't healthy. I spoke to the owner on the evening before, very cool guy and he never mentioned any problems. I don't know, it's hard to see from where you're standing but the performance wasn't impressive. On the other hand from tests I've seen it isn't that much faster than an SL55 anyway.

The Alpina B5 had very similar performance to a stock M5, if I remember correct just a car lenght or two over quite an area.

This year the Ruf R Turbo 650 and Ruf Rt12 came out as total winners, with a Porsche Carrera GT third. MB SLR McLaren as fourth, so all MB lovers had their victory above BMW if you like.

The biggest surprise was the ML63 AMG. Very fast! I am sure the RS4 Avant could have done better, the ML63 was a bit too quick out of the starting line and the RS4 driver wasn't happy about his performance but hell of a SUV! Respect!

Staged? Yeah right...
Old 06-29-2007, 04:41 PM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
This is from my "Ruf Perspective" I run Ruf Center Sweden www.RUF.se

It was very close call we didn't get to the event at all.
My collegue picked up the R Turbo down in Pfaffenhausen on friday and started driving north. Unfortunately he had a puncture at 310 km/h on the Autobahn but fortunately he managed to save not only himself but the car.
Only the rubber suffered and the rim was ok as well.
While he was driving on the spare tire (good thing to have sometimes...) I started looking for a replacement and managed to get one with the help of our mechanic Magnus and kees. Thank you very much for your support! :thumbsup:
Talk about frustrating, a 650 hp car and a spare tire with V Max 80 km/h...
Anyway, as you can see the car + new tire arrived in the morning.

I know the question will be raised. No it wasn't a Pirelli tire that blew up, but a Michelin. We've been told we should send it to the German TÜV, any comments?

The specifications on the R Turbo is a mixture of RUF Pfaffenhausen and our local ideas that we have developed over the years
And apparently it seems to have worked out pretty well.
The car has a Ruf 650 hp kit (Rt12), R Turbo IC air inlets, IRC Integrated Roll Cage, Quaife diff and a different gearing.
I am sure I forgot something, but the car isn't 100% finished either.
For starters it will get the Ruf aerokit.

The Carrera GT had ~>290 km/h on the speedo.
The RUF R Turbo had ~320 km/h. Someone reported 323 km/h on one of the runs.

Some of my pics. Enjoy!

Toyota Supra in the sunset

Russ' M6 - best acoustic performance until the Carrera GT arrived...
note the Supra in the background.

SL65

Friday Night Special, some secret training until Hell's unleashed on Saturday morning. I had a ride in the Rt12 in the evening. God! :oh: So much power and torque! The owner goes to get some gas and calls me about 10 mins later "we have a flat tire..." Spent friday evening chasing solutions to this problem and on saturday morning we were rolling again. But the tire was a bit too damaged to make any repeated top speed runs
Anyone who wants to sell 325/30/19" in Europe please pm?

Ruf R Turbo 650 vs. Ruf Rt12

As you can see the R Turbo takes the start, and keeps the distance thru the run.

Note the air inlets for the IC. The R Turbo also has the IRC Integrated Roll Cage.

Overview of the airfield with all the cars.

Thanks for reading!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by MiamiE55

It also seems that Gustav just can't resist the constant urge to justify owning an M5. Inferiority complex anyone? I've never seen someone go out of their way for so long (years) trying to prove to others why _____ car is better/faster, etc.. than _____ car.
+1 +1
Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Gee it all went quiet when I started posting some facts...
Old 07-01-2007, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by RS-Kicker
yeah...that was it.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Not really, I think we were just bored of this thread.

Hey how about these facts:
http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.ph...ame=Compare%21
Old 07-01-2007, 11:06 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Wink

Originally Posted by Rock
Not really, I think we were just bored of this thread.
Losing IS boring, I agree.

There was no Renntech car at the Shootout this year. And not the two previous years either. But I am sure they are welcome if they want to participate but I don't know of any local cars.

And we didn't drag, we're doing rollings starts but if someone wants to drag I am sure it could be arranged. Rules = street tires + pump gas.

There was a 640 hp Kleemann there last year, but it was the slowest car with "640 hp" I've ever seen. And I like Kleemann, I've visited their facility in Denmark.

Since Kleemann drove their cars I am sure they did their best to drive it and win.

Or do you all think Kleemann put their car on a trailer, trailed it for 800 kms and only floored it halfways just so they could participate in Gustav's fake videos?

I think not but you're all entiteld to your opinions.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Not really. Some are just wondering why all of a sudden, after an 18 month vacation, you start to post again. Almost as if someone asked for help.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Losing IS boring, I agree.
nice lil quote since u want to stir up the pot with that, the only losers are ur USA buddies here wondering why none of your races can be replicated here, so much so that they will deny any open challenge....its quite comical to say the least....almost as comical as your original RS6, lol another loser of a car that could NEVER produce any staggering results stock OR modified, your following a winning bunch stick with the Pcars
Old 07-02-2007, 10:28 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Some are just wondering why all of a sudden, after an 18 month vacation, you start to post again. Almost as if someone asked for help.
Nope. I know Gustav since we're from the same town and share the same interest but I am not him and he did not ask for any help.
Since I also run RS6.com we're more of competitors when it comes to cars and what we prefer.
But I have always been a person who likes facts and when I see the s*it some people write here I thought it would be nice to add some facts (but it seems a lot of people here seem to prefer fiction)
Ask me and I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Since you're a moderator I'm sure you can see that I don't share the same ip.
And you and I have almost the same join date

I post the same facts on a few other forums a few weeks ago.
If you see it as helping, I guess you're having problems with the facts.
And fact remains, I was there were you?

Last edited by RS-Kicker; 07-02-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:32 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by E55JAY
nice lil quote since u want to stir up the pot with that, the only losers are ur USA buddies here wondering why none of your races can be replicated here, so much so that they will deny any open challenge....its quite comical to say the least....almost as comical as your original RS6, lol another loser of a car that could NEVER produce any staggering results stock OR modified, your following a winning bunch stick with the Pcars
What are you talking about?

I don't have an RS6 and never had one.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Lexani
I do hope I have the pleasure of meeting Gustav here in California. I have a little 65 that wouldn't mind doing some dirty work. It's stock, and I'm willing to bet it would STILL rip into your little "kellener M6".

Where they heck did you come from. I haven't seen you in these parts in a long time. Welcome back.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63

Where exactly are these facts you speak of? Are you talking about that post you wrote, how exactly are those facts? Seem like observations to me.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
And fact remains, I was there were you?
What does that prove? I mean besides the fact that you and Gustav are butt buddies.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:07 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
What does that prove? I mean besides the fact that you and Gustav are butt buddies.
The quality of this forum is really high.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:09 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by MiamiE55
Where exactly are these facts you speak of?
Try reading again. At some point I am sure it will start making sense.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
The quality of this forum is really high.
If you havent noticed, I'm sick of the trolls on this site. We dont need/want you here, GTFO!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:16 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
I'm not a troll, if you care to read the two first posts I made in this thread it will tell you who I am. And I have been a member here since 2002.
I'm just trying to tell you these videos aren't fake by writing facts and posting pictures. If you can't stand Gustav I don't see what it has to do with me? Or don't you like people / facts in general?

We're doing a similar event in September, do you wish to participate with a car or as eye witness you are more than welcome.

And if it comes to cars, a Benz is the only car I actually own.

Last edited by RS-Kicker; 07-02-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
I'm not a troll, if you care to read the two first posts I made in this thread it will tell you who I am. And I have been a member here since 2002.
I'm just trying to tell you these videos aren't fake by writing facts and posting pictures. If you can't stand Gustav I don't see what it has to do with me?

We're doing a similar event in September, do you wish to participate with a car or as eye witness you are more than welcome.

And if it comes to cars, a Benz is the only car I actually own.
Yes, I would like to participate if its on the east coast in the U.S.

You started posting after a 18 month hiatus, what else am I supposed to think?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:23 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
I'm sorry I wasn't aware there was a must post time limit between posts.

As you know these events have been in Sweden for 3 years now and I don't think there's a plan to move them to the East coast any time soon.

But you are more then welcome to rent your own airfield and do your own shootouts. In fact I'd love to see them regardless of the outcome.

And don't be so angry, after all a Merc came fourth in front of all the Beemers.

In fact, if you take your time and watch a few of the posts I've made do you still think I'm a troll? These pics are still for sale wanna buy them?
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/106046-series-photos-sold-highest-bidder-m5-e60-vs-e55-amg.html

Last edited by RS-Kicker; 07-02-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
I'm sorry I wasn't aware there was a must post time limit between posts.

As you know these events have been in Sweden for 3 years now and I don't think there's a plan to move them to the East coast any time soon.

But you are more then welcome to rent your own airfield and do your own shootouts. In fact I'd love to see them regardless of the outcome.

And don't be so angry, after all a Merc came fourth in front of all the Beemers.
dont mistake shortness for anger, I can tell u that noone here is angry at anyone, including Gustav and his "butt buddy" supporters who come out of the woodwork to support his clearly financial endeavor albeit entrepreneurial. This isnt about BMW vs Mercedes as you guys think it is, its about the truth of the videos and the flawed data that sloowly eeked out after his first round of marketing....looks like your the 3rd round of marketing? Cute i guess, nice sl.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:40 AM

SL230 -64 Pagoda
Originally Posted by E55JAY
dont mistake shortness for anger, I can tell u that noone here is angry at anyone, including Gustav and his "butt buddy" supporters who come out of the woodwork to support his clearly financial endeavor albeit entrepreneurial. This isnt about BMW vs Mercedes as you guys think it is, its about the truth of the videos and the flawed data that sloowly eeked out after his first round of marketing....looks like your the 3rd round of marketing? Cute i guess, nice sl.
Well, I don't earn anything doing this, but I do enjoy facts rather than fiction.

And I repeat the welcome to visit with your car or just yourself so you can see these videos aren't made up. I understand it's difficult, but there should be someone somewhere who could make it? I could take you for a drive in the SL

And what is this talk about butt buddies? I've never visited a forum where this word has been used so much (at all in fact.)
Old 07-02-2007, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

new balance
Well, I don't earn anything doing this, but I do enjoy facts rather than fiction.

And I repeat the welcome to visit with your car or just yourself so you can see these videos aren't made up. I understand it's difficult, but there should be someone somewhere who could make it? I could take you for a drive in the SL

And what is this talk about butt buddies? I've never visited a forum where this word has been used so much (at all in fact.)
fortunately for me I dont need to take that long of a plane ride when I have witnessed plenty of the "facts" here in the states, although it would be a nice trip and I do appreciate the offer. Dont worry about the butt buddy comment, its just our American slang.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
quit patting yourself on the back for supposedly bringing up the "facts". if you were such a special guy you would have brought up the facts surrounding the races long before the 5th page of this debacle. regardless, lets break those facts down to their simplest form...the facts are that once again, m cars are going up against sick cars that were touted as being monsters but ending up being wounded ducks.

c'mon out here with gustav and we'll show you what really happens when m cars race healthy cars of any make.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:05 PM

BMW M6
Yes, I would like to participate if its on the east coast in the U.S.

Maybe he was deployed to Afghanistan with a .50 cal Sniper Rifle laying waste to a bunch of Taliban for all you know. Why not asking him before making claims that are likely untrue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5