Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
I am impressed with Alphina as well...

Some of you guys are very bias towards M5...We have to give it a credit... Its quite fast at higher speeds...Stock vs stock its definately faster then e55 after 120mph...

The good things about it that at higest speeds it doesnt have heatsoak...and can catch up with many car, where E55 mod does not pull as good...but we have an advantage from a dig...
Old 06-19-2007, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I invited Kleeman last year

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Have you ever wondered why Gustav invites MBs to races but never posts anything where an MB won in a fair comparisson. Case in point his vid; Alpina vs AMG. Why not M vs AMG of the same MY. Why not Brabus, Renntech, etc. He will always have an excuse of some sort. Not wanting to take sides here, but improviz has pointed out these observations in the past: stack the deck and go trolling. That seems to be his M.O. Look at gustav's posts and the date stamp thereof. Notice the gap. Ever wonder what happened pre; we know whats happening post.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:26 AM

Thank you, at least one sensible comment.

Originally Posted by L8Apex
Gustav, Great videos! (even if the MB lost ) I am amazed at the collection of cars that showed up. I can't wait to see the Ruf and the Atom run. I would expect the atom to walk away early on from most then get reeled in at the end due to poor aero and gearing.

At the old video of the Kleeman car vs. the M6. Kleeman did say they got reeled in by the M6. It wasn't staged for them to loose. This was due to low tire pressures and gearing. They also said that they prepared the car to run from a dig (which never happened due to the M drivers not wanting to abuse their clutches)

At the end of the day someone needs to organize a similar event in the states. It will be very interesting to see the US M cars against the US AMG's. We all know that the gearing plays a huge role in a rolling start at 50kmh. This obviously favors the M cars.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:27 AM

To be fair to the Mercedees, it was very hot that day.

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
I am impressed with Alphina as well...

Some of you guys are very bias towards M5...We have to give it a credit... Its quite fast at higher speeds...Stock vs stock its definately faster then e55 after 120mph...

The good things about it that at higest speeds it doesnt have heatsoak...and can catch up with many car, where E55 mod does not pull as good...but we have an advantage from a dig...
Old 06-19-2007, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Do me a favour - I have test driven the B5 ... its not in the same league as a E55 dude.... 2nd gear felt aneamic compared to the 55's.

I had a modded (at least it must have been) E39 M5 on my butt and I struggled to shake him off in the B5...

HUD is nice ... but a bit too low for my liking ...

tranny cannot cope with the torque though ... (I was not allowed to have full monty accel in first... 'erm "'coz tranny might break" - well that alone was a deal breaker). Car for car I would rather have the M5 ... overall a much better car than the B5. Also I expected better finishing inside - e.g. the steering wheel gear shift buttons which were cr*p and then the i-Drive ... for LHD cars its not so bad as you are more dextrous with your right hand etc ... in RHD cars i-Drive is a mess... using left hand to control this thing is a nightmare.

Only bonus is no M button and push accel to go.

Gearing can be the only reason here - it certainly aint power. How about standing 1 mile for a change? 90% of my encounters on the street are from a dig ... and hardly last more than 1/4 mile but lets see a 1 mile race to be fair ?

Not bad for a blown 4.4 litre though ...

Last edited by stevebez; 06-19-2007 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 AM

Talking

Alpina B5 has 500 HP, the E55 AMG has 476 HP. 700 Nm with a six-speed auto transmission. The Alpina B5 has a top speed from factory of 314 km/h, that is not what a standard E55 AMG has.

"the new BMW ALPINA B5 with its top speed of 314km/h"

Originally Posted by stevebez
Do me a favour - I have test driven the B5 ... its not in the same league as a E55 dude.... 2nd gear felt aneamic compared to the 55's.

I had a modded (at least it must have been) E39 M5 on my butt and I struggled to shake him off in the B5...

HUD is nice ... but a bit too low for my liking ...

tranny cannot cope with the torque though ... (I was not allowed to have full monty accel in first... 'erm "'coz tranny might break" - well that alone was a deal breaker). Car for car I would rather have the M5 ... overall a much better car than the B5. Also I expected better finishing inside - e.g. the steering wheel gear shift buttons which were cr*p and then the i-Drive ... for LHD cars its not so bad as you are more dextrous with your right hand etc ... in RHD cars i-Drive is a mess... using left hand to control this thing is a nightmare.

Only bonus is no M button and push accel to go.

Gearing can be the only reason here - it certainly aint power. How about standing 1 mile for a change? 90% of my encounters on the street are from a dig ... and hardly last more than 1/4 mile but lets see a 1 mile race to be fair ?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

err ... thanks! - but we can all read spec sheets

Still how about that 1 mile race from a dig then - or standing 1km sprint ... for the M5, B5 and an E55, now that would be interesting no ... ?

Anyway I was not impressed by the B5 I drove ... the sales chap said it was quicker than M5 ... anyhow I cannot see that tranny holding up ... it must be right on its limit. M5 is a much nicer car IMHO ... but I still love my torque monster
Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Watch out running on dry lake beds guys ... you can pick up pretty bad sand blast burn if its very dusty ... also traction gets a little problematic too I have heard...
Old 06-19-2007, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Someone pleeease tell me what stage Sleeper is. That car is an absolute animal
His car is stock with the exception of one of those Tornado air filters from Fram.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by spinsonic
the start of all his videos tells it all. "m5board.com".... now if it's start with something like "caranddriver.com", than its something i can live with.

stock CLS55 vs. m5 coming soon... i've been trying to get my friends m5 out, so we can race eachother and get it on video.
I don't have a problem with the fact that it was an event sponsored by M5Board. Somebody has to organize something to get these cars together. It sure as heck isn't happening in my neck of the woods.

Not a big fan of these rolling start races, though. It completely favors the rear drive, high-revving M cars over other cars by not only completely eliminating the M cars' only weakness (no low end torque), but also eliminating the strengths of its competitors, e.g. awd and/or a wide useable power band.

If you want to deal with launch "problems", then roll from 5 mph, not 35 mph. Or add a bag of sand or two to the rwd car to even things out when it runs against an awd car, since the 35 mph start means the awd is just useless weight.

But they are Gustav's events, and he can stack the deck however he would like. If the participants agree to it, then so be it. Maybe not the perfect racing, but much better to watch than those camera phone runs.

If someone wants to organize a safe event here in the NE, I will certainly participate.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you ever wondered why Gustav invites MBs to races but never posts anything where an MB won in a fair comparisson. Case in point his vid; Alpina vs AMG. Why not M vs AMG of the same MY. Why not Brabus, Renntech, etc. He will always have an excuse of some sort. Not wanting to take sides here, but improviz has pointed out these observations in the past: stack the deck and go trolling. That seems to be his M.O. Look at gustav's posts and the date stamp thereof. Notice the gap. Ever wonder what happened pre; we know whats happening post.
+1+1+1
one of the most untruthful people on any board I have ever read of, and I am on many many boards.

Instead of appreciating everyone, BMW M5/M6 rule the world. They can beat modded cars by AMG, and everything else, and many exotic cars. The ones cant be beat dont show up on videos anywhere, or are edited.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
LOL, the thread was moved to off topic! Guess M5's are not the topic of discussion on a M5 discussion board!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
LOL, the thread was moved to off topic! Guess M5's are not the topic of discussion on a M5 discussion board!!!
Thats amazing.. Guess its ok for a BMW ALPINA video to be in the MBWORLD forum ON TOPIC but a video of similar quality with better music and different result is quickly bandied to a section nobody reads. I thought the M5 board was , honestly pretty cool..Seems the MODS there are very narrow minded. Kees? Why would you move an entire thread based on a few ignorant posts? Half the board should be moved to OFF TOPIC if your basing the topic on the quality of the responses. IMHO
Old 06-19-2007, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Ok SLEEPER spill the beans, we need to post blue prints on the M5 board to get prime exposure!!!LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOO OOOOOL

You have just been SLEEPER XED
Old 06-19-2007, 06:26 PM

Hahaha whatever. Do oganize our own event and film it thanks

Originally Posted by RINGTAXI
+1+1+1
one of the most untruthful people on any board I have ever read of, and I am on many many boards.

Instead of appreciating everyone, BMW M5/M6 rule the world. They can beat modded cars by AMG, and everything else, and many exotic cars. The ones cant be beat dont show up on videos anywhere, or are edited.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:33 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C63S
damn, that M5 got smoked like it was a yugo.....love it
Old 06-19-2007, 08:13 PM

KInd of like an E55 to a B5

Originally Posted by red60R
damn, that M5 got smoked like it was a yugo.....love it
Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by RINGTAXI
+1+1+1

The thing that gets me is,Gustav is in here(MB Board)trying to get a rise out of anybody he can with his one sided BMW races.Plays innocent and crys foul when he gets confronted,then holds up the iron curtain when you even TRY to get onto his board.Complete BS!

He gave me the 20 questions,and all I wanted to do is join his board for some forum talk and ask a few questions about the E60 M5's.Ive been a BMW enthusiast for many years and currently own some.I looked at buying the M5 before I got my E55,and Im still looking at buying one to this day.But I dont need to be treated like that from him just to get acceptance to his forum,I can live without it.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Jrocket
The thing that gets me is,Gustav is in here(MB Board)trying to get a rise out of anybody he can with his one sided BMW races.Plays innocent and crys foul when he gets confronted,then holds up the iron curtain when you even TRY to get onto his board.Complete BS!

He gave me the 20 questions,and all I wanted to do is join his board for some forum talk and ask a few questions about the E60 M5's.Ive been a BMW enthusiast for many years and currently own some.I looked at buying the M5 before I got my E55,and Im still looking at buying one to this day.But I dont need to be treated like that from him just to get acceptance to his forum,I can live without it.
I've learned that if you post something that he doesnt like it will be gone very quickly. Anything negative about a BMW and you get a warning about how you are going to get banned and your post wont last very long!!! Then they come back with an anti benz statement that stays up. You cant win!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Just out of curiosity... are they all that naive on that board not to see through the fog? It seems like they are all running with it no problem. If it was here the free speech would certainly regain the morality of the situation. No?

Old 06-19-2007, 08:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Oh wait... I found an answer to my question. How silly of me. They may be not familiar with the term
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB
free speech
Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Well, you all can take pleasure in the fact that you are giving him sleepless nights pondering his next troll post. Afterall its about 3 am in SE and he is on here trying to defend his position.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Well, you all can take pleasure in the fact that you are giving him sleepless nights pondering his next troll post. Afterall its about 3 am in SE and he is on here trying to defend his position.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Wow. Just reading this thread now. Where have I been all day? LOL. My car is a Renntech Stage 5. Funny enough, I have been thinking about selling it all week because it is not fast enough for me. I will wait to see what VRUS and Finny come up with before putting my car on EBAY.

I want my videos to look like this!
http://media.putfile.com/TT-and-M6-68
Old 06-19-2007, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
wow did the M6 even give it gas. it looked like it was standing still.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: Mercedes E55 AMG Kompressor vs BMW Alpina B5