Sponsored by:

Recall: Variable Length Intake Manifold Switchover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 Silver/charcoal, RRS S/C stornoway grey/ebony
Recall: Variable Length Intake Manifold Switchover

Did any of you 63 guys get this recall? and do any of you know what it is?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:53 AM

2007 E63 AMG, 2005.5 Audi S4
I had it done last week

I have to go back for more work (minor annoying stuff) so I don't have the paperwork on it yet but all they would tell me is that it had something to do with adding support brackets to the upper intake. They assured me that the upper intake was not replaced.

I brought it in for the other things and they told me this had to be done.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:47 PM

CLS63 Silver/charcoal, RRS S/C stornoway grey/ebony
Originally Posted by HamYoYo
I have to go back for more work (minor annoying stuff) so I don't have the paperwork on it yet but all they would tell me is that it had something to do with adding support brackets to the upper intake. They assured me that the upper intake was not replaced.

I brought it in for the other things and they told me this had to be done.
annoying things like brakes and tires + Vibration??
Old 06-27-2007, 04:37 PM

Happy yet so unhappy!!!

You Got it, I guess you are having the same exact issues?

Brakes still squeeking after 2 service appointments already, car vibrates when applying the brakes softly in the 50-60 MPH range, door sill molding thingie falling off it's clips and has to be replaced, "check oil at next fill-up" warning and oil is full (they told me they topped it off and that was the problem yet it still persists, pulling in my garage the gage cluster turns red and tells me the car is in park. They are replacing the rotors and some suspension bushing next time I bring it in for the vibration, not sure about the rest yet. Awesome car yet a maintenance nightmare so far with just under 6K miles on it. Been told repeatedly that the brake squeek is normal and they refuse to fix it, maybe new rotors being replaced for the vibration will help, I will insist on pads too but I don't think that is in their plans, I will insist and or pay for the pads if I have too.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 G63, 2021 X7M50i

Brakes still squeeking after 2 service appointments already, car vibrates when applying the brakes softly in the 50-60 MPH range, door sill molding thingie falling off it's clips and has to be replaced, "check oil at next fill-up" warning and oil is full (they told me they topped it off and that was the problem yet it still persists, pulling in my garage the gage cluster turns red and tells me the car is in park. They are replacing the rotors and some suspension bushing next time I bring it in for the vibration, not sure about the rest yet. Awesome car yet a maintenance nightmare so far with just under 6K miles on it. Been told repeatedly that the brake squeek is normal and they refuse to fix it, maybe new rotors being replaced for the vibration will help, I will insist on pads too but I don't think that is in their plans, I will insist and or pay for the pads if I have too.

Any word regarding the, "check oil at next fill-up" message? I just had this message pop up and I checked the oil level and everything looks fine? I will call to schedule my 1000 mile service appointment tomorrow to check this message and the squeaking breaks that just started 30 miles ago!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:06 PM

E63 amg 2007
Originally Posted by mprsev
Any word regarding the, "check oil at next fill-up" message? I just had this message pop up and I checked the oil level and everything looks fine? I will call to schedule my 1000 mile service appointment tomorrow to check this message and the squeaking breaks that just started 30 miles ago!
me to
Old 08-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Ben

E63
Originally Posted by mprsev
I mentioned the same issue to my dealer and they said there was a replacement oil dipstick. I guess the original dipstick was not accurate.

As MBTEK had posted, the modified pads/shims for the rear brakes are now a DTB so your dealer can fix the squeal.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:44 AM

07 SL550 / 07 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by leonenglewood
me to
Me three.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:16 AM

3 Times to Fix the Check Oil at Next Fillup issue

Originally Posted by Sean03S55
Me three.

I took mine in 3 times for this issues;

First time I was told the oil level was .4 liters low from the factory
Second time I was told no problem found and no indication in the computer that the warning ever came on
Third time (after pulling into the dealership to actually show the warning was on) I was told no problem found, nothing in the computer, however the warning has not come on since. Something was done if ya ask me, either way it is gone so I am happy.

As far as the brakes squeeling that is gone for now as well. All 4 rotors and all pads were replaced for the shaking problem, as they refused to address the squeeling saying it was normal for ceramic pads on fixed calipers. Shaking is gone as well.

I have 8,000 miles on my E63 and it has been in for service 7 times. So far I would say it has been a service nightmare. If the car was no so unbelievable I would have gone insane by now. If I have to drive another crappy loaner C230 I might go postal!!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
Regarding some of the mentioned issues:
1. My oil light has come on twice (2,000 & 4,500 miles).Both times I added 1/2 quart of oil and light has disappeared. (Just for comparisons, my '02 Z06 had the same problem, it would burn oil every 2-3,000 miles and a liitle needed to be added)
2. My driver side intake hose dislodges from the air filter holder, so I incorporated a self fix. Placed a clamp and intake is now fine. Try to take it to dealer as little as possible. Now these are all minor issues but issues non the less.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 AM

Oil level not my issue

Originally Posted by 05VENOM
Regarding some of the mentioned issues:
1. My oil light has come on twice (2,000 & 4,500 miles).Both times I added 1/2 quart of oil and light has disappeared. (Just for comparisons, my '02 Z06 had the same problem, it would burn oil every 2-3,000 miles and a liitle needed to be added)
2. My driver side intake hose dislodges from the air filter holder, so I incorporated a self fix. Placed a clamp and intake is now fine. Try to take it to dealer as little as possible. Now these are all minor issues but issues non the less.
Just for clarification mine was never an oil level issue where it may be yours. My light came on driving home from the dealer after they topped off the .4 liters they said it was low.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:41 PM

junk
1200 miles on my 08 and no problems at all.