Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
play nice vic!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
i will be installin this just as soon as it gets here! i will dyno before and after. but better yet i will take it to the track and post time differences!
when i was tellin vic about my problems he knew right away what it was and after he explained it to me it made crystal clear sence.
Just found out today that my belt has been slipping for sure, looks like it shad been burned at some point, I have 2 - 3 inch gap without any lines on it....Trying to find one and No has one, some I am getting this kit for sure...

Btw us I going on holidays for almost a months so I can relax and hopefully when I comeback I have everything ready for installation...I cant wait already those M5/M6 are taking all the victories now...

Adam,

Can you beleive it they spanked Evotech 221 S65 both standing and rolling starts...I dont know what is happening...
Old 07-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
LOL.. Ok ok.. I'll be good..

play nice vic!
Mike... I think that the guys with ASP pullies are affected the most by belt slip.. The other pulley setups will have issues also, but obviously wont be as pronounced.

In the end, if you dont CURRENTLY have belt slip because maybe you installed a brand new belt and its holding well, as soon as it stretches or heats and cools a few times, it will loosen and you will get slip. It's inevitable.. This will make sure it doesn't happen.

My belt gets worn pretty good on the top side with burn marks also and I am running Evosport pulley.

But anyways.. The 1/4 mile blasts will tell you the true story..

Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Just found out today that my belt has been slipping for sure, looks like it shad been burned at some point, I have 2 - 3 inch gap without any lines on it....Trying to find one and No has one, some I am getting this kit for sure...

Btw us I going on holidays for almost a months so I can relax and hopefully when I comeback I have everything ready for installation...I cant wait already those M5/M6 are taking all the victories now...

Adam,

Can you beleive it they spanked Evotech 221 S65 both standing and rolling starts...I dont know what is happening...
Old 07-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
Is the belt with the wrap kit ok with the asp pulley or will I need another belt. I placed the order with you already and jsut want to know if the belt you provide will work with asp. Thanks
Old 07-04-2007, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Venom-AMG
Is the belt with the wrap kit ok with the asp pulley or will I need another belt. I placed the order with you already and jsut want to know if the belt you provide will work with asp. Thanks
Great question!! Victor, what size pulley is the belt in the extreme wrap kit designed for?
Old 07-04-2007, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Isn't it built so that the tensioner can adjust to pulley size?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 PM

2003 CL55 Kompressor Horizon Blue Metallic
Victor, I have to ask, is that an Indiana Jones in the background ???
Old 07-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
The belt will work with a 170 - 175mm pulley no problem (that means ASP is ok).. I am pretty sure it is perfectly ok on a stock pulley but I cant say that we've tested that yet.. LOL..

The main purpose of the Extreme wrap kit is to take care of guys running more boost.

Originally Posted by Venom-AMG
Yup! To a certain extent.. You want the belt to come around the snout of the S/C as much as you see in those photos.. Not sure if it is too long or not for a stock crank pulley.

Because of the setup, there is enough play to work with different size aftermarket pullies. Of course, we set it up so that it works optimally with our new soon to be released 2-piece Crank pulley. Just so happens that we are going with a 175mm outer ring as the first phase so that means ASP pulley is also an optimal choice for this setup.

Originally Posted by DFW01E55
Isn't it built so that the tensioner can adjust to pulley size?

LOL.. I'll ask my good buddy Finny about that.. He collects & repairs pinball machines.. If it is, do you want me to ask if he'll sell ???

Originally Posted by mclarenm8d
Old 07-04-2007, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by vrus
The belt will work with a 170 - 175mm pulley no problem (that means ASP is ok).. I am pretty sure it is perfectly ok on a stock pulley but I cant say that we've tested that yet.. LOL..

The main purpose of the Extreme wrap kit is to take care of guys running more boost.

Yup! To a certain extent.. You want the belt to come around the snout of the S/C as much as you see in those photos.. Not sure if it is too long or not for a stock crank pulley.

Because of the setup, there is enough play to work with different size aftermarket pullies. Of course, we set it up so that it works optimally with our new soon to be released 2-piece Crank pulley. Just so happens that we are going with a 175mm outer ring as the first phase so that means ASP pulley is also an optimal choice for this setup.

LOL.. I'll ask my good buddy Finny about that.. He collects & repairs pinball machines.. If it is, do you want me to ask if he'll sell ???
Can I assume that it will work on pullies bigger than 175mm. Lets say anywhere from 175-180mm.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
180mm??? Holy hell.. Would you like an external steam engine operated rotator arm to help turn that mother of a crank pulley???

Remember.. ASP pulley is 183mm measured from edge of raised lip to edge of raised lip.. 175mm is the measurement of the ASP at the grooves..

It should have enough slack to operate an extra 5mm.. but.. that is a bit too big of a pulley.

Originally Posted by SleeperX
Can I assume that it will work on pullies bigger than 175mm. Lets say anywhere from 175-180mm.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:52 AM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by SleeperX
Can I assume that it will work on pulleys bigger than 175mm. Lets say anywhere from 175-180mm.
Yes... but remember generating anything over 18psi is counter productive as efficiency is compromised.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:56 AM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
03 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by mclarenm8d
Lined up for restoration amongst others. I collect and restore pinnys for fun.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Finny restoring Pinny's ... nice.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Can anyone confirm that its not the ECU dumping fuel when seeing the higher boost and higher IAT's rather than the belt slipping thats causing the pig rich >5k rp condition? I.e. maybe the high IAT and higher boost go off the ecu tables and ecu goes into semi salvation mode?

Interesting what E55 RUSS saw on his belt with a burnt section ... surely that would give a pretty bad vibration as well?

That kit sure looks sweet guys ... I just want to be sure I have the condition before I try and fix something that aint broke (yet) ...!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by stevebez
Can anyone confirm that its not the ECU dumping fuel when seeing the higher boost and higher IAT's rather than the belt slipping thats causing the pig rich >5k rp condition? I.e. maybe the high IAT and higher boost go off the ecu tables and ecu goes into semi salvation mode?

Interesting what E55 RUSS saw on his belt with a burnt section ... surely that would give a pretty bad vibration as well?

That kit sure looks sweet guys ... I just want to be sure I have the condition before I try and fix something that aint broke (yet) ...!
my belt kit is ordered and as soon as it gets here i will install and confirm!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black, E350 Wagon, Supercharged Denali, Lotus Elise, Tesla Model 3 Dual-Motor.
Oh Vic, I have the ASP pulley kit.... if it matters.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:10 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
If it was a condition of high IAT or timing retard due to detonation, the dyno chart would show erratic up & down lines on the power curve as RPM climbs.

This particular condition shows a smooth power line with a sudden drop of A/F flatlined to 10:1. Of course the power curve drops off, but it is not erratic..

This is something that plagued me for a few months while I spent time chasing my own tail and having my ECU reflashed 3 times thinking it was tuning related.

In the end, a set of revised Evosport pullies, a fresh belt and the same ECU tune resulted in a clean dyno chart.. As soon as the belt gets a bit used and loosens up the issue begins to return.

This is the solution to ensure it never happens.

Originally Posted by stevebez

You are good to go!

Originally Posted by MACHC5
Oh Vic, I have the ASP pulley kit.... if it matters.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Only *** 2 *** kits left.

We are going to do another run of them, and some of the pullies will be in "VRP Red" to match the new 2piece crank pulley and the red manifolds..
Old 07-09-2007, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by vrus
Only *** 2 *** kits left.

We are going to do another run of them, and some of the pullies will be in "VRP Red" to match the new 2piece crank pulley and the red manifolds..
nice i love red! to bad i went with yellow brembos and black HREs to try and be a lil different. could you do the manifolds in a candy yellow that would kinda match the brembos? would that even look good?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
nice i love red! to bad i went with yellow brembos and black HREs to try and be a lil different. could you do the manifolds in a candy yellow that would kinda match the brembos? would that even look good?
Sorry to Hijack...which Brembos did you get? Any pics? must look good...
Old 07-09-2007, 02:06 PM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
When will they kits ship?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Erm, I don't think so. Red manifolds stands out more.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
I can do them in any colour you want, but the candy apple red looks HOT!!! I did a set for VADER also... I'll take some updated pics of my engine bay and you'll see what the red looks like with all the CF surrounding it.

Hey Dan.. I had 3 boxes inbound with all the parts and they got held up in customs.. I had to get them some import/export Permit # documentation ..

They will be packed and shipped out before the end of the week..

Sorry for the delay.

Originally Posted by dsc
When will they kits ship?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
HRRRRRRRRR...must.....resist.....spending.....more .....money.....

Ahhh, ***** it.....paypal'ing now.

SO WEAK!!!!
Old 07-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Jim.. Got it.. Thanks buddy..

Ok... 1 LEFT

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
HRRRRRRRRR...must.....resist.....spending.....more .....money.....

Ahhh, ***** it.....paypal'ing now.

SO WEAK!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: *** VRP Extreme Belt Wrap Kit ***