Evo Cooling and Any Pre - Post Dynos?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
Evo Cooling and Any Pre - Post Dynos?

I have a K2 05 E55 Wagon (also CF airbox, BCBM Filter, sprintbooster and VRUS 80 TB, with VRUS airtubes on the way). Since I finally, finally found a trustworthy installer in LV (Austin at G&G Autohaus - they are great!!!), I thought I would treat myself and get the Evosport Cooling Upgrade.

I ordered the kit from Adam of Eurolites. After all the great comments about him, I thought I would give him a try.

I have a dyno after my last mod with VRUS 80 TB, which was in March 07. That dyno can serve as my before so I will wait until similiar weather conditions after installing the Evosport Cooling Kit to do an after dyno.

In the meantime, does anyone with an Evosport cooling kit have any pre and post dynos or comments on how well it is working? Thanks ahead for any response.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Where in Vegas did you get your car dyno'd?
Old 07-05-2007, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by Rudyrono
Where in Vegas did you get your car dyno'd?
Out at the Speedway, Naverz Racing 655-9341.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
I have the Evo cooling package. I had experienced heat soak and SC failure that I attribute to the weaker OEM pump. Since getting the upgrade, I have had no issues. Even on a 90+ degree day here, where humidity is near 100%, I have not seen that temp gauge go more than 1 peg above 80 degrees. So far so good! Sorry no dyno until CFbox, tubes and covers get here!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
I have the Evo cooling package. I had experienced heat soak and SC failure that I attribute to the weaker OEM pump. Since getting the upgrade, I have had no issues. Even on a 90+ degree day here, where humidity is near 100%, I have not seen that temp gauge go more than 1 peg above 80 degrees. So far so good! Sorry no dyno until CFbox, tubes and covers get here!
THANKS!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:59 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jcjmw
Out at the Speedway, Naverz Racing 655-9341.
Just wondering. I dyno'd my car at Dynojet, just off of Craig and I-15.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
I have a K2 05 E55 Wagon (also CF airbox, BCBM Filter, sprintbooster and VRUS 80 TB, with VRUS airtubes on the way). Since I finally, finally found a trustworthy installer in LV (Austin at G&G Autohaus - they are great!!!), I thought I would treat myself and get the Evosport Cooling Upgrade.

I ordered the kit from Adam of Eurolites. After all the great comments about him, I thought I would give him a try.

I have a dyno after my last mod with VRUS 80 TB, which was in March 07. That dyno can serve as my before so I will wait until similiar weather conditions after installing the Evosport Cooling Kit to do an after dyno.

In the meantime, does anyone with an Evosport cooling kit have any pre and post dynos or comments on how well it is working? Thanks ahead for any response.
you will not get a increase in HP or TQ from the cooling kit! but you will save HP since your car will run cooler longer. on the evo web site they claim 35HP increase (i think) that is complete BS
Old 07-05-2007, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
When IAT's get to a certain point,the ecu starts to pull timing,if they get to high it will cut the sc off completely.The cooling kits are there to try and keep the IAT's down and more stable,they are not designed to make more power,but too keep the power you have inline is all.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
As the designer of evosport Intercooler Cooling Upgrade Package (ICUP), I will tell you there is no power increase on a stock car.

The function of ICUP is to address the short-commings of the factory system. Once you have upgraded your 55 with more boost (or you live in hot climate), it will make your car significantly more consistent.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Think of it like so, you will run alot more consistently with the cooling upgrade rather then have more hp...

Just repeating what alot of people said already LOL
Old 07-06-2007, 12:19 AM

2004 MB E55 AMG, 2006 Audi A6 4.2, 2008 WRX STI
I have K2 with Evo cooling kit...and i have faced the s/c shut off once...(2 weeks ago..i think..)and it never happened again..is there something wrong with my cooling kit or my car? It wasnt even hot outside...i dont know what caused it.. So, what should i check for ? and should i make the pump run all the time? my tech told me i dont need it to run all the time since i dont live in hot area....any thoughts guys>?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by AMG Rider
I have K2 with Evo cooling kit...and i have faced the s/c shut off once...(2 weeks ago..i think..)and it never happened again..is there something wrong with my cooling kit or my car? It wasnt even hot outside...i dont know what caused it.. So, what should i check for ? and should i make the pump run all the time? my tech told me i dont need it to run all the time since i dont live in hot area....any thoughts guys>?
i thought one of the major premises of the evo kit was to run the pump all the time???
Old 07-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
This should not happen to you with this kit installed.. could be a leak or an air bubble..

The cooling kit does NOT rig the pump to run all the time, and I would strongly recommend you have this done. It's a fairly simple procedure.. If you search on the forum here you'll find the instructions and pics on how to do it.

The big benefit is that the pump will run with the car in Accessory position as well as with the motor started.

Originally Posted by AMG Rider
Old 07-06-2007, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
Thanks Everyone!!!

Wow, lots of comments. Thanks everyone for the response. Personally, I was not expecting horsepower gain as much as I was trying to fight off heat soak and maintaining consistent cooling or IATs. I know from prior dyno experience that my dyno numbers are always going to be lower then what I expect. This is b/c it takes about 40 minutes to get to my dyno place. Given my time restraints, we quickly hook up the car and do 2 quick runs and I am out of there. The first run is always the highest and then heat soak reducing the hp readings on the 2 and 3 runs. If I am right about the Evo Cooling Kit, then my dyno readings should be better since the heat soak should not be as bad with the cooling kit. We shall see.

Adam, if you by chance you are on this thread, can you confirm the shipment of the kit to me?

Vrus, thanks for the quick response on the shipment of the VRUS CF Airtubes!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Wow, lots of comments. Thanks everyone for the response. Personally, I was not expecting horsepower gain as much as I was trying to fight off heat soak and maintaining consistent cooling or IATs. I know from prior dyno experience that my dyno numbers are always going to be lower then what I expect. This is b/c it takes about 40 minutes to get to my dyno place. Given my time restraints, we quickly hook up the car and do 2 quick runs and I am out of there. The first run is always the highest and then heat soak reducing the hp readings on the 2 and 3 runs. If I am right about the Evo Cooling Kit, then my dyno readings should be better since the heat soak should not be as bad with the cooling kit. We shall see.

Adam, if you by chance you are on this thread, can you confirm the shipment of the kit to me?

Vrus, thanks for the quick response on the shipment of the VRUS CF Airtubes!!!!

Hey J,
Evosport said that it is waiting for the lines to come in and then it will be shipped!

Thank you for your business!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
Excellent post! I myself agree, Evosport's cooling upgrade definitely makes an enormous difference.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
Adam, do you by chance know if my cooling kit has been shipped or an ETA when I can expect it. Some guy with a new C6 Corvette, stock - non Z06, is talking sh** and keeps boosting that if he looses to a station wagon that he will leave the country. I intend to send him packing. I am thus anxious to get the cooling kit. By the way, that guy does not know that a while back I already took a C6 Corvette, stock - non Z06, without any problems (see kill section).

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Hey J,
Evosport said that it is waiting for the lines to come in and then it will be shipped!

Thank you for your business!
Old 07-08-2007, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Adam, do you by chance know if my cooling kit has been shipped or an ETA when I can expect it. Some guy with a new C6 Corvette, stock - non Z06, is talking sh** and keeps boosting that if he looses to a station wagon that he will leave the country. I intend to send him packing. I am thus anxious to get the cooling kit. By the way, that guy does not know that a while back I already took a C6 Corvette, stock - non Z06, without any problems (see kill section).
your not gonna need the coolin kit for that guy! unless he wants to run you 30-40 times. lol.