W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

ASP pulley pulled off. Belt chunkin mad-man!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2007 | 07:44 PM

2004 E55
Yes! Plus it was there shake down pass and they were shutting off at the 1000ft mark in denver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2007 | 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
No offense here but I'll have to see it to believe it.
Old 07-30-2007 | 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I believe it. I think this car has tons of potential!!! If you can control the heat soak why wouldn't you be able to run 10.8s. I am sure that there are a lot of people out there running faster times then what we see on the boards. If they race for money, they won't be posting their times on the board.
Old 07-30-2007 | 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by SleeperX
I believe it. I think this car has tons of potential!!! If you can control the heat soak why wouldn't you be able to run 10.8s. I am sure that there are a lot of people out there running faster times then what we see on the boards. If they race for money, they won't be posting their times on the board.
Running 10.8's is one thing,runnning 10.8's in Denver and shutting down at the 1k mark is another.
Old 07-30-2007 | 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
10.8's in Denver
Man bro, you had me up to that point. I'm a fellow mile higher (we are at 4300....close enough). Cars run near a full sec slower up here as proven with 12.5 passes in Salt Lake, then 11.4 runs in Sacto. 10.8's in Denver would equate to 9's at sea level.

As much as it pains me, I gotta throw up the BS card on this one bro.
Old 07-30-2007 | 09:41 PM

2004 E55
Gentlemen believe what you may, don't shoot the messenger. I understand normally aspirated cars running slower, but blower cars work good still. Might be hard to believe, but in my situation i would rather believe then to take the competition to lightly, i would sooner assume they are running in the 9's, because i then need to make sure i can still cover the field. I personally would rather people think my car is a sled and it can't run the numbers because then they have no clue.

Also need to remember something these are cars with unlimited budget, they all have SLR coolers, all have heads, tranny upgrades, custom everything, i'll say this i need to really step up my program to run these guys like Sleepy said there are some serious ****'s that don't bother coming on these boards and posting times. I'm sticking with two stages!
Old 07-30-2007 | 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by bleek
Gentlemen believe what you may, don't shoot the messenger. I understand normally aspirated cars running slower, but blower cars work good still. Might be hard to believe, but in my situation i would rather believe then to take the competition to lightly, i would sooner assume they are running in the 9's, because i then need to make sure i can still cover the field. I personally would rather people think my car is a sled and it can't run the numbers because then they have no clue.

Also need to remember something these are cars with unlimited budget, they all have SLR coolers, all have heads, tranny upgrades, custom everything, i'll say this i need to really step up my program to run these guys like Sleepy said there are some serious ****'s that don't bother coming on these boards and posting times. I'm sticking with two stages!
Bleek.

No shooting the messenger here.I mean no offense to ya at all.Its just hard to beleive a car running those times at that track,and on top of it all..it would have been all over the net if it had been done.Top secret or not.Lets put it this way,I really hope it has been done,but Im gonna say 100% I doubt it.No flames towards ya Bleek,never know I mgiht need to be bailed out in Canada some day! lol
Old 07-30-2007 | 11:15 PM

2004 E55
Bleek.

No shooting the messenger here.I mean no offense to ya at all.Its just hard to beleive a car running those times at that track,and on top of it all..it would have been all over the net if it had been done.Top secret or not.Lets put it this way,I really hope it has been done,but Im gonna say 100% I doubt it.No flames towards ya Bleek,never know I mgiht need to be bailed out in Canada some day! lol
No offense taken homie, trust me bro when people rent out tracks people don't find out! I've been racing for a long time and when it comes down to it unless your actually in the know, no one finds out. Man when Warren Johnson rents the track out you think people find out what they ran, clocks are turned off, and remember we are just benz guys, not multimillion race teams where spys are lurking around every corner. Also remember blower cars don't get effected as much by altitude. So how many guys you here about all over the net with SLR coolers, just 2-3 people, well i know myself 6 kleemann cars with aftermarket SLR coolers! Trust me there are some bad *** ****'s out there that this forum never even heard of, and i'll bet there will be at least a few 9.90 cars on the spray! I will say this if you bring your hotrod up here you'll destroy everyone up here, my car goes 12.5's
Old 08-01-2007 | 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Finally got fed up with shredding belts and am sending the ASP back to have it inspected!
Dont forget to let us kow what is your findings ?????

My belt is shreded a bit...Is this cause of the pully design or cuase of the big pullies slipping issues...

I know Evotech SL 682 HP here has/had pully slipping problems as well...nd was making 640 HP on Dyno when this problem occured...
Old 08-01-2007 | 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Wobbling pulley??? "Return to sender"... I am surprised they even shipped it out ...

And yes the ASP is not a pretty piece of engineering ... mine rusting quite a bit ... need to get some WD40 on it (but not on the belt!). Ugh.
Old 08-01-2007 | 12:32 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Wobbling pulley??? "Return to sender"... I am surprised they even shipped it out ...

And yes the ASP is not a pretty piece of engineering ... mine rusting quite a bit ... need to get some WD40 on it (but not on the belt!). Ugh
It is hand made
Old 08-02-2007 | 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Most important is how is works

So Evotech pully is even bigger the ASP...ASP inside is 175 and out 183mm and EVotech is 178 inside or outside ???

If Evotech is bigger how much more boost does it make comapred to ASP using 3 cm extra ???

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 08-02-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2007 | 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

3mm I hope ... !!!
Old 08-02-2007 | 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
why is everyone so secretive over this evotech pulley??? if people have info give it up already...especially since their website is useless.
Old 08-02-2007 | 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
There isnt any secrets its just 3mm bigger then ASP and may be better quality...
Old 08-02-2007 | 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
There isnt any secrets its just 3mm bigger then ASP and may be better quality...
ya mikey its just that 3mm bigger and better quality.
i was just messin about it being a secret although i dont realy want anyone else to know about it. i dont want you pullin up to a light next to me with the same pully and other mods. i want to be the only one.lol.

pm adam he will explain the pully, there is also great ECU tunning with it. if anything is wrong with your pully you get a new one no questions. if adam installs you are fully covered no problems.
Old 08-02-2007 | 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
I know some things about Evotech tuning and they are not always good...Overall great products but they have their issues as any other tuners do...

They had major problems with S55 626 HP here, and the 700HP SL 55 blew up last summer and now SL55 682HP has pully slipping problems...1st time SLR went racing it blew a SC belt cause one of ruber things snapped off and cooler went on the belt...good that owner racted quiclky and otherwise it would of been a disaster...

Dont think 175 vs 178mm make any diff in performance...and dont think that you will meet ME (lucky) on any lights in US...unless you come here but I am going to prepare and get smaller Kompressor pully like MKB has to run even more boost...at most efficiant 1.3-1.35 levels...

Btw us yerterdays our freinds crashed CGT...they where particing drifting...didnt even raced SLR yet...

and here some more of e55 drifting drama

Here is the begining last year:

http://parchine.dyndns.org/test/e55amg-drift.wmv

and outcome this year:

He only had stock pullies...

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 08-02-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2007 | 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whats the definitiion of excess??

"Drfiting a CGT...."
Old 08-03-2007 | 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
You did this on a public road? And didn't get arrested? And nobody seemed to care?............................wow.
Old 08-04-2007 | 08:25 AM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by OzE55
You did this on a public road? And didn't get arrested? And nobody seemed to care?............................wow.
wow indeed... i mean, i like drifting as much as the next guy, and might have been known for putting her sideways through a corner in the snow when nobody is around....

...but doing something like that, in public, in the middle of the day, tires screaming for relief... well let me just say that there is a reason that there were 760 deaths and 8495 injuries in traffic during 2005 in Lithuania.

Compare that to sweden that had 440 deaths and 3915 injuries in traffic during that same period.

Population LI: 3.5million
Population SE: 9.2million

Thats roughly 4.4 TIMES as many deaths in traffic per capita than sweden.

The reason:

If you pull that **** on a swedish road, they'll throw your *** in jail... and im pretty sure thats a good thing...

Originally Posted by stevebez
Whats the definitiion of excess??

"Drfiting a CGT...."
i dont think so. If i had a cgt, i'd go drifting in it. I mean, its a high performance, beautifully manufactured, brilliantly handling piece of machinery. I feel sorry for the cgts that get built and never get properly driven.... and i feel sorry for the owners that are so close to driving-bliss, but miss it by so far.

That being said; the drifting should be done on a closed circuit, where innocent people cannot be hurt, and preferably with medical personnel on site (if you can afford the car, you can afford to try not to die ).
Old 08-04-2007 | 10:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Drifting is weak. That said, to each his own.
Old 08-04-2007 | 11:52 AM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jangy
Drifting is weak. That said, to each his own.
Weak? It serves virtually no purpose in motorsport, but it is indeed good fun.

Sure as hell beats driving in a straight line and measuring how long it took to cover a certain distance...

... i like going sideways - but as you said, each to his own...
Old 08-04-2007 | 12:02 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by narf
Weak? It serves virtually no purpose in motorsport, but it is indeed good fun.

Sure as hell beats driving in a straight line and measuring how long it took to cover a certain distance...

... i like going sideways - but as you said, each to his own...
i have to agree here, fun facter in pulling a drift off is way more then straight speed me thinks... pity i am not sure i can pull it off, let alone even try it in my car. hmmm maybe if i go find me self an empty parling lot
Old 08-04-2007 | 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
I woould never do it in public also...I learned myt lesson long time ago...had simular situation but more damages then CGT...

Back to topic...IS there any news from ASP ???
Old 08-04-2007 | 10:25 PM

W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
i have to agree here, fun facter in pulling a drift off is way more then straight speed me thinks... pity i am not sure i can pull it off, let alone even try it in my car. hmmm maybe if i go find me self an empty parling lot
well... i learned by practicing in the snow. That way the speeds and power doesn't have to be all too high. Its significantly harder (for me at least) to hold a decent slide in the dry, but i suspect it just has to do with me chickening out during entry and not holding things down properly. It might also have something to do with the traction control actually managing to get you back in check if you dont push it hard enough... but thats still related to the first reason.

You probably don't get a whole lot of snow in Kuwait , so go find yourself a really big open space. Make sure its REALLY big, and theres nothing you can hit. Go for dyno mode to disable the ESP completely (warning, i hear it might also disable ABS and airbags), and go absolutely crazy.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. How did it go with ASP?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ASP pulley pulled off. Belt chunkin mad-man!!