W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP pulley pulled off. Belt chunkin mad-man!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 01:39 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by narf
well... i learned by practicing in the snow. That way the speeds and power doesn't have to be all too high. Its significantly harder (for me at least) to hold a decent slide in the dry, but i suspect it just has to do with me chickening out during entry and not holding things down properly. It might also have something to do with the traction control actually managing to get you back in check if you dont push it hard enough... but thats still related to the first reason.

You probably don't get a whole lot of snow in Kuwait , so go find yourself a really big open space. Make sure its REALLY big, and theres nothing you can hit. Go for dyno mode to disable the ESP completely (warning, i hear it might also disable ABS and airbags), and go absolutely crazy.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. How did it go with ASP?
hmm what makes you think we don't get snow . i mean its only been 48c the past few nights! don't ask about mid day sun heat.

back to topic. I was really considering getting an ASP pully, as everyone raved about it here been best bang for buck.

From looking more closely at peoples experiences, it seems to generate allot of heat and issues with heat soak and my country heat started to come to mind

Now it seems it shreds belts and gives more slippage
Old 08-05-2007, 06:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
I think it works as any other big pully would...dont other big pully could be much diff and not to have same probs...
Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zod
hmm what makes you think we don't get snow . i mean its only been 48c the past few nights! don't ask about mid day sun heat.

back to topic. I was really considering getting an ASP pully, as everyone raved about it here been best bang for buck.

From looking more closely at peoples experiences, it seems to generate allot of heat and issues with heat soak and my country heat started to come to mind

Now it seems it shreds belts and gives more slippage
well... kleemann claims that their upgrades can be done without any cooling modifications, but given that these cars run REALLY hot, and your climate isn't exactly chilly, i think you'd benefit from a cooling upgrade if you're going to start modifying your car...