Sponsored by:

Help: Programmable Mirror Function in Reverse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 ML350
Help: Programmable Mirror Function in Reverse

I've walked through the procedure as explained in the owner's manual a few times to no avail, so am hoping the forum members can help.

On my E63, the manual says I can program my passenger side mirror to dip when engaged in reverse. I've tried it a few times but it hasn't worked - and yes, I've checked that the mirror does not move when programming the initial position.

Has anyone else had success with this feature? I'm assuming this feature was available on the '07 and not a new feature for an '08.

TIA for any help on this. It may seems a small thing, but with the cost of these AMG wheels, I'm going to use all the tools available to avoid curbing them when parking!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I thought that feature was turned off in the E63? Last I heard, it could be turned on by STAR. As it is a safety thing, you may wanna ask your dealer and they may do it for free. If not, I know others have had it turned on, so the E63 will do it.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
I have it turned on, you MUST follow the instructions precisely. Be really patient and do each step as outlined in the manual and it will work. Good luck.

Oh and it may help if you will post pics of your '08 E63, have you already?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by sack5000
I have it turned on, you MUST follow the instructions precisely. Be really patient and do each step as outlined in the manual and it will work. Good luck.

You didn't have to use STAR?
Old 08-04-2007, 11:54 AM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
Originally Posted by rkao
I've walked through the procedure as explained in the owner's manual a few times to no avail, so am hoping the forum members can help.

On my E63, the manual says I can program my passenger side mirror to dip when engaged in reverse. I've tried it a few times but it hasn't worked - and yes, I've checked that the mirror does not move when programming the initial position.

Has anyone else had success with this feature? I'm assuming this feature was available on the '07 and not a new feature for an '08.

TIA for any help on this. It may seems a small thing, but with the cost of these AMG wheels, I'm going to use all the tools available to avoid curbing them when parking!

Have you tried lowering the mirror? There's a limit to how far the mirror dips. If I adjust mine to high the mirror will not tilt while in reverse.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:43 PM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by sack5000

Hmmm...tried programming again following the manual instructions but still not working.

Didn't have time this weekend for the pix...wife's away for a few days and I'm in charge of our 15 months old! Have new respect for my wife as she's a SAHM and spends all day with our daughter on most days...

Will hopefully have a chance tomorrow when I'm working at home and the babysitter is here in the afternoon.

Originally Posted by jangy
I thought that feature was turned off in the E63? Last I heard, it could be turned on by STAR. As it is a safety thing, you may wanna ask your dealer and they may do it for free. If not, I know others have had it turned on, so the E63 will do it.
Thanks for the tip Jangy, will check with the service department when the car visits the shop and see if indeed they have to turn it on through STAR.

It should be active in the system as it is a specific entry featured in the '08 E-class OM.

Originally Posted by xabo
Have you tried lowering the mirror? There's a limit to how far the mirror dips. If I adjust mine to high the mirror will not tilt while in reverse.
That's interesting...didn't seen anything in the OM about that. Will try and see if that's the case too.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:12 AM

07' Mercedes E63 AMG, Lexus LS430, BMW 3, Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd., Chevy PU
I have the same issue on my 07' E63. I contacted MB and they said that feature was simply not installed on some builds which makes no sense to me.

Hopefully this is not the case and a work around is available.

In the meantime I have programmed the correct reverse mirror position into seat position 3 and just hit it when I go into reverse then hit 1 again when I'm done. The upside is you can have both mirrors tilt this way so you can see the curb when parallel parking and save the nice rims.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Is the mirror switch set to the passenger side?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:45 PM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by Kort
I have the same issue on my 07' E63. I contacted MB and they said that feature was simply not installed on some builds which makes no sense to me.

Hopefully this is not the case and a work around is available.

In the meantime I have programmed the correct reverse mirror position into seat position 3 and just hit it when I go into reverse then hit 1 again when I'm done. The upside is you can have both mirrors tilt this way so you can see the curb when parallel parking and save the nice rims.
Now that's the kind of improvisation that Mr. Scott of the Enterprise would be proud of!

Will use this method until I get the car into the shop and have it checked.

Originally Posted by Fast55
Is the mirror switch set to the passenger side?
LOL! Yes, that was the FIRST thing I thought of!