W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is EvoTech and how are they related to RennTech?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Who is EvoTech and how are they related to RennTech?

Anyone know the structure, etc? Also, any sponsors here that are direct distributors for them in Southern California?

I always assumed they were one in the same with RennTech, but now I see new product lines coming from EvoTech that were initially slated to come out of RennTech.

Now that I am pretty dead set against Creative and have lost faith in RennTech, I am back on the hunt for a tuner with an ideal Pulley and ECU. I have most of the other parts figured out, but those remain.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Jangy,

Evotech is a German company run by a guy named Oliver.

Oliver was the person who was supplying Renntech with their tuning and alot of their parts.

I believe Evotech is now marketing their parts in North America directly rather than going through Renntech.

Originally Posted by jangy
Anyone know the structure, etc? Also, any sponsors here that are direct distributors for them in Southern California?

I always assumed they were one in the same with RennTech, but now I see new product lines coming from EvoTech that were initially slated to come out of RennTech.

Now that I am pretty dead set against Creative and have lost faith in RennTech, I am back on the hunt for a tuner with an ideal Pulley and ECU. I have most of the other parts figured out, but those remain.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Oh really? I like that. It is basically their products that I like. I know of Oliver and again, only through RennTech. For the pulley, do we just contact him?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Talk to Adam.. He'll hook you up!

Oh really? I like that. It is basically their products that I like. I know of Oliver and again, only through RennTech. For the pulley, do we just contact him?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts
'14 E63s Estate, '21 RR P525, '22 GMC 2500, '23 G63
is the pricing on Evotech same as Renntech or better?

jangy let us know what you find out!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
My EVOTECH is on the way! Should have er on within a week.

Here's hopin.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by baldmike73
is the pricing on Evotech same as Renntech or better?

jangy let us know what you find out!

I surely will, but I assume it will be cheaper getting it more directly. Also, I am curious to see what kind of service and support Oliver provides. He has a good reputation for knowing his tuning while he was under the RennTech umbrella, so I am hopeful that stays consistent. the next thing for me will be who carries them. Adam is too far for me. I need a local shop. A pulley is no biggy. I could get it from Adam and have it installed here. But, I want a shop i can rely on for all the mods I want done.

Trending Topics

Old 08-07-2007, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Adam just had several cars, including mine, tuned (ECU upgrade) by Oliver himself this past Saturday.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 EuroElites E55
I surely will, but I assume it will be cheaper getting it more directly. Also, I am curious to see what kind of service and support Oliver provides. He has a good reputation for knowing his tuning while he was under the RennTech umbrella, so I am hopeful that stays consistent. the next thing for me will be who carries them. Adam is too far for me. I need a local shop. A pulley is no biggy. I could get it from Adam and have it installed here. But, I want a shop i can rely on for all the mods I want done.
adam = evotech
youll have to get it from him, or someone hes gonna sell to.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
But, I want a shop i can rely on for all the mods I want done.

You dont need a shop,you need a personal mechanic.Whats a shop going to do for you anyway? I might be wrong here so correct me if I am.I thought you were trying to start an online shopping service for HP parts etc?You're already trying to buy direct from the manufactures at very low prices so that more or less makes you THE shop? Thats why I mentioned you need a trusted mechanic,not a shop....I see nothing wrong with what your doing,but do correct me if I was wrong here.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Jrocket
You dont need a shop,you need a personal mechanic.Whats a shop going to do for you anyway? I might be wrong here so correct me if I am.I thought you were trying to start an online shopping service for HP parts etc?You're already trying to buy direct from the manufactures at very low prices so that more or less makes you THE shop? Thats why I mentioned you need a trusted mechanic,not a shop....I see nothing wrong with what your doing,but do correct me if I was wrong here.
I intend to have a mechanic and have a few in mind. But, until I have a shop, I still need a good place (lifts, etc) to do the work. i don't want my car tricked out by any mechanic in my garage. If all I wanted was a pulley, yes i'd go buy one and have it installed. That's only the tip for me. My car is about to be down for sometime and I don't want it sitting on blocks in somebody's backyard.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I intend to have a mechanic and have a few in mind. But, until I have a shop, I still need a good place (lifts, etc) to do the work. i don't want my car tricked out by any mechanic in my garage. If all I wanted was a pulley, yes i'd go buy one and have it installed. That's only the tip for me. My car is about to be down for sometime and I don't want it sitting on blocks in somebody's backyard.
Understood.Obviously there is Group5 down near you,all the rest that come to mind are in OC or LA.One thing is those shops are somewhat far from you,the other is they are going to charge you out the A-hole for the work,and the mark up on the parts etc.

And whats the deal with Creative now? Your ordeal changes by the day on this?
Old 08-07-2007, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
take it to vadim at GMG. or ship it straight to the tuner themselfs so there is no bullshiit they can give you. it might be outta the way but worth it to me. i take my car to adam and hes 2 hours away but to me worth it. if i lived in so-cal it would be a vadims shop! good luck bro.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Understood.Obviously there is Group5 down near you,all the rest that come to mind are in OC or LA.One thing is those shops are somewhat far from you,the other is they are going to charge you out the A-hole for the work,and the mark up on the parts etc.

And whats the deal with Creative now? Your ordeal changes by the day on this?

You have ordeal right. I wish I could write this one off as miscommunication, but he really pissed me off. Texted some pretty innapropriate stuff and now wants to pretend that all is good in the hood. I will pursue and try to re-coup what losses I can through the system, but am moving on in terms of the project. I wish RennTech had another installer here in Sd and held their distributors to some sort of standard. Reputation is everything in this business and I doubt that either Creative or RennTech has ended up with too many gains out of this.

I've had discussions with G5 and they have potential. Either way, SD has a huge untapped market, so I'm sure we'll work something out. I'm more focussed at the high end cars, so i don't think we will be stepping on any toes.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
take it to vadim at GMG. or ship it straight to the tuner themselfs so there is no bullshiit they can give you. it might be outta the way but worth it to me. i take my car to adam and hes 2 hours away but to me worth it. if i lived in so-cal it would be a vadims shop! good luck bro.

I visited Vadim @ GMG this past weekend and it is a very tight shop. It is an hour away and I want a place I can hang out all the time. But, for any major work, I will consider them.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

Cobra/E55
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
+1.. Vadim's a great person to work with.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Reputation is everything in this business and I doubt that either Creative or RennTech has ended up with too many gains out of this.
IMO,I put the blame on Creatives hands,not Renntechs.

I also wouldnt be set on using all parts from one tuner alone.There is plenty of cars on this forum that have mismatched parts from tuners and are happy with the results.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
IMO,I put the blame on Creatives hands,not Renntechs.

I also wouldnt be set on using all parts from one tuner alone.There is plenty of cars on this forum that have mismatched parts from tuners and are happy with the results.
Dont get him started John, now we will have 10 threads on the Jangster vs. Creative.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Vic55
Dont get him started John, now we will have 10 threads on the Jangster vs. Creative.

You mean 10 plus the 10 that he already has?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
EvoTech Vs RennTech ????

Originally Posted by vrus
Jangy,

Evotech is a German company run by a guy named Oliver.

Oliver was the person who was supplying Renntech with their tuning and alot of their parts.

I believe Evotech is now marketing their parts in North America directly rather than going through Renntech.
So now that EuroTech is branching out, who will supply RennTech with their tunning parts????
Old 08-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
So now that EuroTech is branching out, who will supply RennTech with their tunning parts????

+1 and is this the pulley that RennTech was coming out with?

Don't bug, VIC. I'll mellow on your tuner. Just still sore is all.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
+1 and is this the pulley that RennTech was coming out with?

I was told Fluidampr was making Renntechs pulleys.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I was told Fluidampr was making Renntechs pulleys.

Well, they are to be liquid dampened
Old 08-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Just to clarify, I didn't mean your true tuner (EVOSport). I was talking about Creative and I'll try to keep the posts about them to a minimum, even if the refund check did bounce AGAIN after a year.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Just to clarify, I didn't mean your true tuner (EVOSport). I was talking about Creative and I'll try to keep the posts about them to a minimum, even if the refund check did bounce AGAIN after a year.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?!!

Dude,that shop blows!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who is EvoTech and how are they related to RennTech?