W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

C32 wants to race

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2007 | 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by egxpimp
Karting is a blast, i went to socal a few weeks back to do a 6 hour enduro race it was soo much fun- i got to meet a few members from this board to- which it was a blast, great people

We came in 8th out of 11th i believe... but we got scrwed - if it wasent for the laps we got scrwed we would have finished 3rd-- not bad at all considering it was our first time at that track and as a group doing that enduro going into it without any plans and just driving...you should join mymbonline.com and look at the track section we are having another kart event...you should join if you can.

As for F1...you know i'll be honest, i use to hate Alonso...but after all this scandal in the last GP i went back and dug up every single interview i could of Alonso that was in spanish and you know...im actually starting to like him, when he speaks in english he sounds arrogant and what not..but when you hear him speak his native language you ge to see his true side--and i must say the guy gets a from me now...as for the whole maca thing... i think its hammys fault ---before the season starte theirs an interview with alonso where he says ' f1 is a british sport, maca is a british team, we have a british driver in my team and he said its obvious who the team supports and who they want to win the WDC...'

after seeing this gp i went haywire at alonso but like i said i did my research and i think this whole scandal with cheating and their drivers is eating the maca team apart and ron/hammy are going haywire--alonso is a one man team and trying to keep composure but he cant... oh well just my 2 pips..
I dont dislike Alanso at all and in fact i was really excited he came to McLaren . I know he can drive and I know hes a very skilled man (AMG_55 i know hates him but oh well). I just think if he walks from the team mid season and leaves them high and dry he will make him self look really petty and childish. As a driver you have an obligation to two places; your team and yourself. Now he may think that he is helping himself by leaving out of principle but in the end he leaves the team in a rough spot and all other teams see his actions as selfish and he may not get the ride he wants next year. If he wants to leave thats understandable but he should stick out the year, do his best given the team politics and leave on a positive note.

I get the vibe that he expected to be #1 on the team since he is the two time world champ but the reality is that Hamilton has out done him many times and that gives him the right to be Alanso's equal at the team. It is a shame that both drivers cant just realize that they are equal in the teams eyes and just fight it out on the track like the skilled drivers they are.

I really dont want to see Ron and Fernando leave the team so I hope this all calms down and McLaren gets back in top shape.

I met Alanso at a dinner at Indy this year and he is a very gracious guy and quite personable so I dont dislike him at all but his actions here will show his true colors. I bet he sticks it out and lets the year work itself out.

As a team manager, Ron should have the right to put Hamilton as #1 since he is the one fighting for the championship much as every other team does but he does not pick favorites and I like that policy. So lets see them both be equals and fight for that #1 points paying position.
Old 08-08-2007 | 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by Cylinder Head
Race him, I'd like to know what he has under the hood that brings his car up to Z06 spec ().
Skyler, where the hell you get this Sigs???.....
Old 08-08-2007 | 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E39
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Before or after you race, pull the ole, "Hey, does your trunk rattle like mine does. Drives me crazy. Can I see what the trunk looks like in the C32? Once you're in, pop up that trunk cover and check for the bottle.

I gotta funny feeling he is on the spray.
Serious cheaters don't store them in da trunk. I've seen places such as under the seats and under footwells etc.
Old 08-08-2007 | 09:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Jangy I was talking road racing. Stoplight runs are useless in my book. Anyhow the C32 is gone and left a time of 1:34.9 at the big track on its last outing. I will give a great deal of respect of any E55 that can turn that lap. Its a very quick time. The things we did to that C32 made me really respect MB. It never really had any serious issues and we drove that car harder than I could ever imagine. These cars are built to take a real beating. Though right when it was time to get rid of the C32 it needed all new ball joints, and tie rod ends since the car shook violently at any speed but that is to be expected after 50k miles and likely 20 track events.

Hows the car treating you these days Jangy? Still tearing up San Diego daily?

What up, bro. I know. I was just saying that this topic comes up and is bound to even more with the new C (which looks nice by the way).

The car is running like a champ. I want to do all out mods to it and will be baselining at the big track shortly. Not doing too much damage on open streets anymore. We phased out of that and have got a small group that likes tracks, so I hope we can do more.
Old 08-09-2007 | 12:01 AM

2004 E55
I had a 2002 C32 before I bought my 2004 E55. The C32 is a sweet car, it saved my life. I almost wish I bought another one and banked $25K. Stock for stock the E55 is a lot faster and IMO seems to handle a lot better. With a pulley the C32 can run 12's, which is pretty dang fast IMO.
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:19 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Any update on this? I've run with a few E55's here in Chicago and 2 out of 3 times I won. It was a drivers race on 2 of them.

I haven't had the chance to run with one lately. I now have cams, ported heads, and a 185mm pulley. My car is alomost putting down the same power as before, but the Trq curve is good and I get my max Trq sooner.

There is no way a C32 can hang with a C6 Z06, I have been *** raped both times I tried. My buddy has a C5 Z06 and it's a drivers race.

I saw that an E55 was beat out by an S4 (video on youtube) at the Air Strip in Dallas last weekend. A fellow C32 driver beat that S4 later that day in his Renntech C32.

Anyone in Chicago care to do some friendly runs? I would love to get spanked by an E55 with a good driver!
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry
Anyone in Chicago care to do some friendly runs? I would love to get spanked by an E55 with a good driver!
I don't know about spanked, your car sounds strong.

PM me or email chicagox at gmail dot com.
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry

Too bad you are not in NY, would have made your wish come true, lol!!!

I was the owner of a black C32 as well before I jumped the fence to the E55.
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:49 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
I don't know about spanked, your car sounds strong.

PM me or email chicagox at gmail dot com.
Sure thing man! I think we are going to the track in Joliet next Saturday...can you make it?
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Saturday the 22nd?

That might just work......
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:54 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by MIG-E55Rocket
Too bad you are not in NY, would have made your wish come true, lol!!!

I was the owner of a black C32 as well before I jumped the fence to the E55.

Lucky for me! I love the E55 and I almost purchased one on two different occasions. I wanted something a little smaller that would be more track friendly. However, having the extra room and the massive amounts of power is starting to look good too.

I wish I could get all of the bugs worked out of my car....I should be seeing 380-400whp. The highest whp figure I have is 362, and I'm just shy of that now with the extra mods that I didn't have before.

I added cams, ported / polished heads, larger pulley, and custom renntech tuning and I still can't get to where I was before.
Old 09-18-2007 | 11:56 AM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by ChicagoX
Saturday the 22nd?

That might just work......
Here are the dates that are left.

Tuesday September 25, 2007
Saturday September 29, 2007
Saturday October 13, 2007---Last Blast

http://www.chicagolandspeedway.com/c...=Test+%26+Tune
Old 09-18-2007 | 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 996 Turbo, 05 CLK55 AMG
Hey I would be intretsed in going to drag strip with my w210 E55 AMG ... give me a call 773 370 9696 Tom
Old 09-18-2007 | 12:58 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Meet is arranged...let's see who shows up!

https://mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/210345-chicago-track-meet-route-66-raceway-joliet.html