M6 tuned vs E55 K? vs CLS63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by jamusa
My computer was broken for a few days and i just got it back......I went to theMB site and saw where someone had posted a race between an M5 an e55,and a cl55.
I had previously ran the M6 about a year ago and won and we both decided to run again at a later date.I had taken the ecu out of my car and send it to kleeman for an update,but had not driven the car until the day of the race.I ran the car up to 160mph a few times for the computer to adapt,and when i reached the designated racing spot the car was overheating like crazy,not to mentioned that it was over 100 degrees that day.
With the car over heating like it was,and me not letting it cool,and the temperature being over a 100 degree.....like a fool i decided to do it anyway.
We ran from a 40mph role and i let him hit before me.He hit first,i followed,and the car fell on its face.....s/c shut down......tried it again,b/c we were still on the hwy.....same result.We pulled off on the next exit,check my car again.....this time it was really boiling hot.We decided to do it again at a time when it was cooler,also to do a roll on,and from a dig.
On a side bar the M6 is a strong running car...dont take it lightly like i did,and got cocky and underestimate it and run knowing that my car was overheating.
The M6 won.....no excuses ,and we were very sportsman like about it,he was aware that the achelees heel of the E55 was heat...so he has decided to give me a re match when its cooler.
For those of you that was asking ,the M6 is modded and makes 500rwhp,my E55 is a k4 and makes 530rwhp.....we both had gas,but no one was shooting that day.The guy with the M6 is a super great guy,and a good friend of mine.
After the race i ran over a median and busted two rims and tire,and he handled the situation for me ,knowing that i was away from home.
Hopefully i will have my car back on the road by next week.....and get a rematch with the M6.
Bring it to MIR on October 8th!
Old 08-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e63 m6 2006
My computer was broken for a few days and i just got it back......I went to theMB site and saw where someone had posted a race between an M5 an e55,and a cl55.
I had previously ran the M6 about a year ago and won and we both decided to run again at a later date.I had taken the ecu out of my car and send it to kleeman for an update,but had not driven the car until the day of the race.I ran the car up to 160mph a few times for the computer to adapt,and when i reached the designated racing spot the car was overheating like crazy,not to mentioned that it was over 100 degrees that day.
With the car over heating like it was,and me not letting it cool,and the temperature being over a 100 degree.....like a fool i decided to do it anyway.
We ran from a 40mph role and i let him hit before me.He hit first,i followed,and the car fell on its face.....s/c shut down......tried it again,b/c we were still on the hwy.....same result.We pulled off on the next exit,check my car again.....this time it was really boiling hot.We decided to do it again at a time when it was cooler,also to do a roll on,and from a dig.
On a side bar the M6 is a strong running car...dont take it lightly like i did,and got cocky and underestimate it and run knowing that my car was overheating.
The M6 won.....no excuses ,and we were very sportsman like about it,he was aware that the achelees heel of the E55 was heat...so he has decided to give me a re match when its cooler.
For those of you that was asking ,the M6 is modded and makes 500rwhp,my E55 is a k4 and makes 530rwhp.....we both had gas,but no one was shooting that day.The guy with the M6 is a super great guy,and a good friend of mine.
After the race i ran over a median and busted two rims and tire,and he handled the situation for me ,knowing that i was away from home.
Hopefully i will have my car back on the road by next week.....and get a rematch with the M6.
you got that car ready yet, i know everyone here on the board can't wait for a rematch. to tell you guys the truth i can't run against that car at the track because of the way it launches, bmw's weak point. but at a roll that's the only way i can run him. most of the time that's usually the way most races go unless you're at the track.

i'll make sure will run them even in a first and second gear roll and then even a dead stop which i know he'll definately get me out of the whole.

any way call me when you get those wheels back on. i know it's suppose to cool down a bit next week.

make sure you get alot of driving time so the car adapts fully. i don't under estimate jamusa's car. i know what it's capable of.
now with both cars modded and hopefully both healthy it will be a good race.
i plan to get free flow cats on the car because my check engine light has been on since the header install, it seems to be running great but i believe i might be down a bit on power because of the cel. i here it's in limp mode but as you guys seen the video it still ran strong against the cls63, as for the e55 k4 can't say nothing bad on a car that is not running properly.
any way, hope to run them again soon.
see ya,
call me later.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by ttm6
...i plan to get free flow cats on the car because my check engine light has been on since the header install, it seems to be running great but i believe i might be down a bit on power because of the cel. i here it's in limp mode but as you guys seen the video it still ran strong against the cls63, as for the e55 k4 can't say nothing bad on a car that is not running properly.
any way, hope to run them again soon.
see ya,
call me later.
a cel by itself does not mean you're down on power and if your car was in limp mode you would know...there's absolutely no mistaking it.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:58 AM

e63 m6 2006
Originally Posted by chiromikey
a cel by itself does not mean you're down on power and if your car was in limp mode you would know...there's absolutely no mistaking it.
well everyone i've talked to "tuners" say getting rid of the cel should give me about 14 more horsepower.

i also know that it does effect power from my e39 m5, when the cel was on the gas mileage wasn't great and it still felt strong. when i did the 02 delete through software the car became a beast. i would burn through every gear.
i had it fully modded. before i couldn't chirp third gear and as soon as the cel disappeared "with software" it would even chirp third gear and some times in cooler weather it would burn the tires when speed shifting.

but anyway she's running great. we'll see next week if the freeflow cats will make a difference. right now i don't have any cats on the car.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:41 AM

Thanks for promising me a re match.Hopefully my wheels will be back next week,and we have some sub 100 degree weather.
The CLS63 was there also ,the owner said it was bone stock....but even with my dead s/c the car did not seems impressive....maybe b/c of the heat.
Before we ran,we stopped at a restaurant,and the e55 was so hot the radiator was boiling,the cls63 was also hot ,but not boiling,but the m6 was real cool.....you could touch the engine,even with the weather being 100 degree.......i was really impressed on how cool that car was.
Even with my s/c down that m6 is really a beast,it runs really strong.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:23 PM

e63 m6 2006
Thanks for promising me a re match.Hopefully my wheels will be back next week,and we have some sub 100 degree weather.
The CLS63 was there also ,the owner said it was bone stock....but even with my dead s/c the car did not seems impressive....maybe b/c of the heat.
Before we ran,we stopped at a restaurant,and the e55 was so hot the radiator was boiling,the cls63 was also hot ,but not boiling,but the m6 was real cool.....you could touch the engine,even with the weather being 100 degree.......i was really impressed on how cool that car was.
run that car car for a while so it adapts, then we'll run them again. see ya soon.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Heat would kill the 63 more than the 55, but to be honest, the 63 should have done better vs a 55 with no SC. You guys should hook up at night and do some testing. The M6 stock and 63 should be closer and that 63 should just barely lose to a healthy 55. M6 is incredible when rolling, both cars will need to be at peak condition. I would try to run at 65 degrees, and only do a couple pulls then let the cars rest. The MB cars just SUCK IMO at cooling. The 63 acceleration can vary by as much as a full second, a hot car will be like driving a stock 745.

Thanks for the Vids..