Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W211/E55 Kleemann

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb W211/E55 Kleemann

Extract it from Kleemann website newly update !
The new supercharger, developed by Kleemann for the Mercedes-Benz AMG SL 55, can now be found in the brand new Mercedes-Benz """""AMG E 55"""""""

There is no other car which matches the description "a wolf in sheep's clothing" better than the new Kleemann E 55 K. The basis car was not exactly underpowered, but the Kleemann engineers have made a real beast out of the 4-door sedan.

With 640 b/hp pulling power, the Kleemann E 55 K achieves 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.6 sec. The huge 890 Nm torque pushing the
E-Class is never ending thrusting the car to a top speed of 330 km/h at 6500 rpm

What's more for an E55 sedan ? 640 hp.......
Old 10-23-2002, 06:00 AM

C-Class
shine, is that real? any link?

890nm and 640horses are nearly unbelivable
Old 10-23-2002, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

that is indeed real. HUGE numbers. That system should be avaliable twoards the end of January. Prices are T.B.A

www.kleemannusa.com
Old 10-23-2002, 08:17 AM

Question

Thanks for the link, CoryU
My question is
(1) How Kleemann deal with the swapped AMG Kompressor
add it to the sink cost or resale it to AMG ?
Thus make the price a little freindly to enthusiasts ?
Yes, w/torque over 90kgm, I rate it the ultimate speed
"commuter" !! what a dream sedan !
Old 10-23-2002, 10:03 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by Shine
Thanks for the link, CoryU
My question is
(1) How Kleemann deal with the swapped AMG Kompressor
add it to the sink cost or resale it to AMG ?
Thus make the price a little freindly to enthusiasts ?
Yes, w/torque over 90kgm, I rate it the ultimate speed
"commuter" !! what a dream sedan !
Shine-

Any equipment that is taken off of the customers car belongs to the customer. What they choose to do with the AMG kompressor system is up to them. They can keep it, and slap it back on when they decide to sell the vehicle, they can sell it to someone, although I don't know if it will fit on older model AMG 55 vehicles. I seriously doubt that AMG would buy back a used kompressor system from a tuning company that is considered to be competition. Point being, the "swapped" kompressor from AMG still belongs to the customer and he/she can do whatever they want with it- Maybe a garden sculpture??
Old 10-23-2002, 12:30 PM

CLK55, Mini S
How much? The engine is SC ready from AMG. But this is a whole new unit. If it costs $10k or less, I think it will be very attractive. If it costs more, you are barking up the wrong tree. And don't give me the crap about development costs...you are not reinventing the wheel. You are just producing another wheel.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:38 PM

2006 E55 Black
Hey CoryU,

Is this same system available for the W210 E55? I have a 2002 that I am hoping to supercharge this spring. Or is the new system only for the W211?

TIA

Trending Topics

Old 10-23-2002, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

As I have stated before, prices are T.B.A. I can assure you that $10,000.00 is a VERY optimistic guess.

This is not the same system as the one avaliable for the W210 E55. This is a new system avaliable for any new (2003+) AMG kompressor V8. It will fit the W211 E55 (when it arives) the R230 SL55 AMG, and the W220 S55 AMG. I will be sure to let everyone know when it becomes avaliable, and the price you can expect to pay for it.

KenE55- KLEEMANN has systems avaliable NOW for your '02 E55. We actually just did an E55 last month (local customer), and the customer LOVES it. I know you will too if you decide to get it done.
Old 10-23-2002, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It Varies
Originally posted by CoryU
As I have stated before, prices are T.B.A. I can assure you that $10,000.00 is a VERY optimistic guess.

This is not the same system as the one avaliable for the W210 E55. This is a new system avaliable for any new (2003+) AMG kompressor V8. It will fit the W211 E55 (when it arives) the R230 SL55 AMG, and the W220 S55 AMG. I will be sure to let everyone know when it becomes avaliable, and the price you can expect to pay for it.
What about the CL55?? I hope the price on this thing doesn't get too expensive, because that will be a big factor for me....
Old 10-23-2002, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Can someone help me understand why the 0 to 100KM time is only .1 sec faster? AMG claims 4.7 and Kleeman 4.6. We also know that Mercedes has been known to be a bit conservative. Where does the extra 165HP show up, in 1/4 mile times? If so, what are the numbers? I believe that I have seen where the SL55 will run 13.0 in the quarter so with 640 HP it should run in the 12.8 range correct????

Guessing the kit for the W211 will be in the 16K range, just looking for validation of the spend.

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AndrewEclipse-

Like I said, the kit will be avaliable for any 2003+ AMG kompressor V8 engine. Sorry, I wasn't aware MB is going to put the V8 kompressor engine in the CL. If so, the kit is available for the CL as well.

Schiznick-

0-60 and 1/4 mile times are not the only way to measure a cars performance. The biggest problem with having that much power becomes putting that power to the ground. Traction is paramount. If you were to put huge wrinkle wall tires on a stock W211 E55 and a W211 E55K, then raced them, I can assure you that the E55K would blow away the stock W211 E55. A better comparison of raw power would be a 50-150 acceleration run. That is where the 211 E55K will really shine- and abundance of passing power. If you want to drag race, go buy a drag racer, if you want a civilized Benz that can destroy all but an elite group of very rare cars, this is the answer.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:17 PM

2006 E55 Black
CoryU, thanks for the clarification. I knew that KLEEMANN has a system available now for the W210 E55 (and I'm saving up for it), but I was not sure that the new system was only for the W211. Why does the KLEEMANN W211 system produce more power than the W210 system? Isn't the base engine essentially the same 5.5 liter V8... or not? What causes the difference?
Old 10-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

KenE55-

There are many revised components on that system that allow it to produce MORE BOOST .9 bar to be exact.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:54 PM
Out Of Control!

CoryU

Would it be possible to have as much HP(like the W211 640hp)on the current W210 kompressor? If so what will it take to get that much power out of it? Increase the boost to also .9 and/or get a pulley upgrade???

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by JamE55
CoryU

Would it be possible to have as much HP(like the W211 640hp)on the current W210 kompressor? If so what will it take to get that much power out of it? Increase the boost to also .9 and/or get a pulley upgrade???

Thanks!
Unfortunatly, the system design has changed so much, simply swapping parts from one to the other will not work. Many aspects of the kompressor unit has changed, not just a part here and there. I guess if you want that much power, you'll just have to buy a new W211 E55 and go from there!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:02 PM
Out Of Control!

Thanks CoryU! Guess that's the better way to go then huh?!
Old 10-23-2002, 08:59 PM

Cool

Kleemann is watching this forum, we may advice them to adequate price the E55K.
V8 NA engine can't bear that high boost by IHI kompressor
keep the swapped AMG parts is useless, buyers starting with
an E55AMG is way too costy, afford unnecessary AMG kompressor units, need a way to cost down it.
I know the ECU is very complicate covering all the possible intake
into precalculation w/o AFC installed, am I right ?
Old 10-26-2002, 11:43 AM

This upgrade may make sense for an E500, but in my opinion probably not for an E55.

I guess it really comes down to personal preference, however.
Old 10-26-2002, 01:17 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Re: W211/E55 Kleemann

Originally posted by Shine
Extract it from Kleemann website newly update !
The new supercharger, developed by Kleemann for the Mercedes-Benz AMG SL 55, can now be found in the brand new Mercedes-Benz """""AMG E 55"""""""

There is no other car which matches the description "a wolf in sheep's clothing" better than the new Kleemann E 55 K. The basis car was not exactly underpowered, but the Kleemann engineers have made a real beast out of the 4-door sedan.

With 640 b/hp pulling power, the Kleemann E 55 K achieves 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.6 sec. The huge 890 Nm torque pushing the
E-Class is never ending thrusting the car to a top speed of 330 km/h at 6500 rpm

What's more for an E55 sedan ? 640 hp.......
Whats more?? How about propotionate increse in performance lets say 0 to 60.? 170 more horse power and oonly .1 sec better than AMG?? I'm sure that .1 difference does not exist. Who needs all the headace with Kleemann if all of it leads to 0.1sec?
Old 10-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by CoryU
AndrewEclipse-

Like I said, the kit will be avaliable for any 2003+ AMG kompressor V8 engine. Sorry, I wasn't aware MB is going to put the V8 kompressor engine in the CL. If so, the kit is available for the CL as well.

Schiznick-

0-60 and 1/4 mile times are not the only way to measure a cars performance. The biggest problem with having that much power becomes putting that power to the ground. Traction is paramount. If you were to put huge wrinkle wall tires on a stock W211 E55 and a W211 E55K, then raced them, I can assure you that the E55K would blow away the stock W211 E55. A better comparison of raw power would be a 50-150 acceleration run. That is where the 211 E55K will really shine- and abundance of passing power. If you want to drag race, go buy a drag racer, if you want a civilized Benz that can destroy all but an elite group of very rare cars, this is the answer.

well than why dont you do the tests and than post here, this 'would be" and "I can assure you "'s are becoming an insults. In addition then in the kill stories one reads how the dude in subaru destroys both of the kleemann cars that you ar your buddy there brought to the track and than there is more excuses from Kleemann as to why--------- get your CORRECT info together and then sing your sweet stories here.

One of you kleemanns here stated that you have friends/stooges in uerope with new E55 why dont you bring these stooges into the pictures and get the real data. If your "friends" in europe paid already 88to 90k euros for their e55 what will it coast them to go kleemann/ At the end the price is a joke to the performance increase(??? where is it anyways?) one would get.

and don't give me the "i assure you'" bull****, have some dignity cory kleemann

Last edited by Fast Eddy; 10-26-2002 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:03 PM

Dear Cory,

Is this kit adaptable to the E500? I can understand why someone would want 600+HP in an E55, if they were going to track it. With racing slicks you could definitely see an improvement off-the-line and of course at higher speeds.

Personally, my car will spend very little time on a track. A lap here and there won't hurt, but there is no better way to throw a precision machine out of whack than to push the suspension to the limits, melt the brakes, and high-rev the engine on a track. Not that I have anything against tire screeching and excessive speed.

MB engines are made to cruise at high speeds all day long, but I would suspect track time to put significan wear on the other components. Some of you may view many of those items as "disposables," but I think for me I will stick to the conservative approach, at least until the car starts getting older.
Old 10-26-2002, 04:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by oktane
Dear Cory,

Is this kit adaptable to the E500? I can understand why someone would want 600+HP in an E55, if they were going to track it. With racing slicks you could definitely see an improvement off-the-line and of course at higher speeds.

Personally, my car will spend very little time on a track. A lap here and there won't hurt, but there is no better way to throw a precision machine out of whack than to push the suspension to the limits, melt the brakes, and high-rev the engine on a track. Not that I have anything against tire screeching and excessive speed.

MB engines are made to cruise at high speeds all day long, but I would suspect track time to put significan wear on the other components. Some of you may view many of those items as "disposables," but I think for me I will stick to the conservative approach, at least until the car starts getting older.
The kit I mentioned for the W211 E55 is specifically designed for that car. We do have a system avaliable for the E500. KLEEMANN USA has recently taken delivery of our new W211 E500 Demo vehicle, and the installation of the kompressor system is complete. We haven't done any testing yet, but it is a beast of a car. VERY fast.
Old 10-26-2002, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by Fast Eddy
well than why dont you do the tests and than post here, this 'would be" and "I can assure you "'s are becoming an insults. In addition then in the kill stories one reads how the dude in subaru destroys both of the kleemann cars that you ar your buddy there brought to the track and than there is more excuses from Kleemann as to why--------- get your CORRECT info together and then sing your sweet stories here.

One of you kleemanns here stated that you have friends/stooges in uerope with new E55 why dont you bring these stooges into the pictures and get the real data. If your "friends" in europe paid already 88to 90k euros for their e55 what will it coast them to go kleemann/ At the end the price is a joke to the performance increase(??? where is it anyways?) one would get.

and don't give me the "i assure you'" bull****, have some dignity cory kleemann
So how do you like that KLEEMANN speed sensitive suspension?
My information is correct fast eddy. I assure you that I have plenty of dignity- as for you, I think you just lost yours with your reactive post, but I forgive you. :p

Last edited by Cory @ Kleemann; 10-26-2002 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-26-2002, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It Varies
This FastEddy guy keeps coming up as a problem and nuisance to everyone.

FastEddy, take the knot out of your panties and relax. Its a forum for polite discussion and reasonable arguments. You are way out of line in many forums and I think you should seek assistance to remove the big stick that I feel is causing you the discomfort. :p
Old 10-27-2002, 06:57 PM

N/A
how come the Renntech EV12, which has less HP (620) compared to W211 E55 Kleemann (640), is qucker from 0-60, (3.9 vs 4.6)?? and it's based on the old W210 chasis, and why it doesn't have the traction problem like most Kleemann supercharged car?? i wonder what modification Renntech did on the chasis.

I know the price of Renntech EV12 is crazy, but it sure offers more performance compared to Kleemann S/C system. Just my opinion

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W211/E55 Kleemann