mb isn't the only ones detuning ecu's!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
mb isn't the only ones detuning ecu's!

poor bmw guys are going through the same thing!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=103117
Old 09-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Thing is I have asked and some people say the tune is good, some say it’s bad.

The secondary air pump recall is what you are referring to yes?

Techs have told me that this flash reduces load limit, but the car still produces same power in dyno mode.....

From my understanding it's the older models that got hit the hardest.

Maybe new ones are not complaining because the never had the old tune to begin with. Or it just works better on newer ones?

Can you answer me this?

Has any car got a dyno of it before and after the flash while still remaining stock?
Trend effect by year produced?

thanks
Old 09-07-2007, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Zod
Thing is I have asked and some people say the tune is good, some say it’s bad.

The secondary air pump recall is what you are referring to yes?

Techs have told me that this flash reduces load limit, but the car still produces same power in dyno mode.....

From my understanding it's the older models that got hit the hardest.

Maybe new ones are not complaining because the never had the old tune to begin with. Or it just works better on newer ones?

Can you answer me this?

Has any car got a dyno of it before and after the flash while still remaining stock?
Trend effect by year produced?

thanks
Never had a before dyno, but my post-flash dyno showed average numbers (419 rwhp, 455 rwtq). Also, my 11.9's and 11.8's were all post-flash. I was running 12.0's pre-flash. I think I can safely conclude that the flash had no effects whatsoever on my car.

I think the better times were not the result of the flash. I just learned to launch better.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
..........this is one of tose topics that is is getting a bit redundant. Yes, there have been before and after dynos which show that the ECu pulls timming and dumps fuel as the engine is taked.

............I have even published a print out of from DAs that read "ENGINE LOAD LIMIT IS ACTIVE" on my car. What other evidence does one need? When atomic bombs were dropped on hiroshima and nagagaski, not everyone died. Does it then mean that no aomic bombs were dropped? If one's car is unaffected by the flash, does this mean that those that were adversely affected are just making it up?

......If after all that has been published on this forum another person takes their car to dealer for flashing, an argument can be made that they deserve their fate.

Ted
Old 09-07-2007, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
..........this is one of tose topics that is is getting a bit redundant. Yes, there have been before and after dynos which show that the ECu pulls timming and dumps fuel as the engine is taked.

............I have even published a print out of from DAs that read "ENGINE LOAD LIMIT IS ACTIVE" on my car. What other evidence does one need? When atomic bombs were dropped on hiroshima and nagagaski, not everyone died. Does it then mean that no aomic bombs were dropped? If one's car is unaffected by the flash, does this mean that those that were adversely affected are just making it up?

......If after all that has been published on this forum another person takes their car to dealer for flashing, an argument can be made that they deserve their fate.

Ted

Ted - not at all trying to say that it never happened. I am sure it had an effect on many 55's. Just not mine.

And based on info from this forum, my SA is under strict instructions to never reflash my ECU unless I tell him to.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Angry Campain 2006-03000-11

All I know is this Update DESTROYED MY CAR!

I couldn't even get wheel spin!

Thank God for Adam @ EuroElites!

Best,

RoydRage
Old 09-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin

Ted
Well this is why i would like to make sure, not that it wil make any difference with me as i am an 06 and most likly have this on my car already

but knowing is better then not knowing. I have asked techs & sponsers and have been replied back with ' no it does not effect performence' but then i read a few posts and people say it effects!

sorry if i upset you ted, could you please give the link to this DA you are talking about, Yes there is info on this forum but there are no FAQs that i know of to help find things like this.

cheers
Old 09-07-2007, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
The MB E55 flash is a no-brainer considering the stats that we are getting out of the 63's, but why would they knock down the power on the M's.

Any ideas??
Old 09-07-2007, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by Zod
Well this is why i would like to make sure, not that it wil make any difference with me as i am an 06 and most likly have this on my car already

but knowing is better then not knowing. I have asked techs & sponsers and have been replied back with ' no it does not effect performence' but then i read a few posts and people say it effects!

sorry if i upset you ted, could you please give the link to this DA you are talking about, Yes there is info on this forum but there are no FAQs that i know of to help find things like this.

cheers
........not upset, just my poor attempt at being firm. Here is the link. Go to middle of page 2. You may need to zoom-in on the top left hand coner of the print out to be able to read the text. Code is P20D4 and P1999 and says "load limit is active."

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...d+limit&page=2

Ted
Old 09-07-2007, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Hey Ted, where did you get this done and how can I??

Really interested. Is this just a printout from Star?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Old 09-07-2007, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

lol, you trouble maker.

just clear your cookies and you can view the board as a guest.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
540 6spd
Wonder if this will ease the $h!t talk about what they're capable of above 100mph.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by chiromikey
lol, you trouble maker.

just clear your cookies and you can view the board as a guest.
Haha, he banned me because I posted his pm over here on mbworld. Ok, i'll clear my cookies but its no fun if I dont get to post!