W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Wetterauer package going in / on...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Well leaving the valves alone for the moment I took the car out for a brief tour to the carwash... which was closed so had to drive to the one a little further out

No datalogger used and it was all down to the 'ol butt dyno. I was expecting maybe a marginal improvement - and was not really anticipating anything significant.

First impression is ... I am VERY happy. What is the most interesting is the low - mid. I did not expect big changes in the ~1500-4000rpm range but crikey it pulls hard here... Initially I thought ok its going to drop off like a pig from this low - mid end and also what brought a nice grin was the strength that followed from this platform ... it just keeps pulling - no let up. Remember I dont have headers so with headers top end could be even better ... who knows?

The other thing I noted was a smoother boost delivery ... before when I pushed it hard from a trailing throttle there would be a brief pause before it took off now its instantaneous. Perhaps they fiddled with S/C engagement/disengagement points... dunno.

I really am itching to run it at the track as it feels real strong to the 'ol butt (and to my father in law who says it is definately quicker than before tune)... so more scientific data to come when I get to Santa Pod ... finally.

It might be some placebo effect - but I just wanna go back and drive it again. Sometimes when you drive this car allot you get accustomed to the torque and power ... but today felt like I got into the car for the first time.

As for the valves, well I dont care if they work or not - or what they do - but I aint touching a thing on this motor from this current setup.

P.S. Still would love to know what exactly is changed in the ECU program and how the valves interact with it ... but still waiting for info.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:46 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Plus I thought the goal of most tuners was the get the car running a bit more lean, yet still keep that performace.

Riching up the mix would yield???

I can see the meeting at Wetter. right now, "There on to us Klaus. Damn you MBWORRRRLD!!!! Pull the product ASAP!!"
lol
Old 10-01-2007, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55
Glad you're happy with it. After all you're the only one that matters!
Post some times when you get a chance.