W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Your experience with after market brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2007 | 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Your experience with after market brakes

I have the originals on the car and they need to be replaced.

Has anyone used EBC Reds?

Porterfield R4S?

Any other after market brakes?

I'm interested in your experience with stopping power, sensor interface and dusting.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2007 | 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
If you are just replacing the pads and want great performance and zero brake dust, the Porterfield R4S is a brillant pad.

If you are really wanting to take the braking to another level, Brembo makes a great set up. Before we became a dealer, I contacted them directly as I was experienceing some fade at the track, and they informed me that the Brembo OEM set up is good, but if you are going to be using them agrressively......there is a better solution. I tried it with the SL55........and now we are a dealer for Brembo. It was another level of performance.

....And since we specialize in making them 'go'......I feel that it just as important (if not more), that they stop!
Old 09-24-2007 | 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Thanks for the comments Dino, it's just a pad replacement.
Old 09-24-2007 | 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
If you are just replacing the pads and want great performance and zero brake dust, the Porterfield R4S is a brillant pad.

If you are really wanting to take the braking to another level, Brembo makes a great set up. Before we became a dealer, I contacted them directly as I was experienceing some fade at the track, and they informed me that the Brembo OEM set up is good, but if you are going to be using them agrressively......there is a better solution. I tried it with the SL55........and now we are a dealer for Brembo. It was another level of performance.

....And since we specialize in making them 'go'......I feel that it just as important (if not more), that they stop!
I changed to the Porterfield R4S and they really are a quality product. The tuner shop that installed them had to tie up the brake pad sensors, though. Not much of problem...they also did a good job in bedding them, so I have no squealing and/or other noises.
Old 09-24-2007 | 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Another vote for the R4S pads.

I have used them on many different cars, from mild to wild, and love them.
Old 09-24-2007 | 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG

Will the Porterfield R4S fit the Brembo GTs? I have the Brembo pads that came with the GTs, they squeal pretty bad...
Old 09-24-2007 | 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by AMGfan
I changed to the Porterfield R4S and they really are a quality product. The tuner shop that installed them had to tie up the brake pad sensors, though. Not much of problem...they also did a good job in bedding them, so I have no squealing and/or other noises.
With the sensors isolated, do you get a full time brake warning light?

Trending Topics

Old 09-25-2007 | 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CTSV/6sp Grocery Getter
Originally Posted by phatmitzu
Will the Porterfield R4S fit the Brembo GTs? I have the Brembo pads that came with the GTs, they squeal pretty bad...
I had the 14in Brembo GT's with R4S pads on my E39 Dinan BMW and they were awesome on that car, especially when doing track events.
Old 09-25-2007 | 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by DFW01E55
With the sensors isolated, do you get a full time brake warning light?
I believe my tuner shop brought it to their tuner friendly service advisor @ the nearby MB dealership to have the car ECU not recognize or to bypass the sensor. I can check with them when I get back to the states.

Jon
Old 09-26-2007 | 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 ML BT
Thanks to all.