Sponsored by:

Catch This Guy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
well I can tell you one story too... When i was something like 15 I was in a restaurant with my Mother and her friends... So One guy parked his CLK320 righ infront where we were sitting, Back then it was just out brand new shiny CLK320!! So some dood with a guitar decided to open his case with guitar on his Trunk... So the owner got very upset and the guitar guy ended up with a broken nose and a broken arm! Now that's what I would do too!
Old 12-13-2007, 02:57 AM
kip

E55
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
well I can tell you one story too... When i was something like 15 I was in a restaurant with my Mother and her friends... So One guy parked his CLK320 righ infront where we were sitting, Back then it was just out brand new shiny CLK320!! So some dood with a guitar decided to open his case with guitar on his Trunk... So the owner got very upset and the guitar guy ended up with a broken nose and a broken arm! Now that's what I would do too!
Thats what we all would LIKE to do. The problem with that is that the law works for these guys, at least here in Finland. You would pay a few thousand to the guy for the broken nose and then he gets to pay your hood, but then they find out he only owns the guitar and has no money and the only one remaining to pay is you and you only. The law for some reason works the wrong way here. That really sucks!!!

I think in the USA its different, you MAY protect what you own.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
No longer stock '06 E55, A3 3.2 Quattro, LRD4 HSE, R107 280SL
Where has respect gone? I see alot of it here in the UK - its the worst aspect of the society here. Its completely out of fashion or whatever the case is ... I hate it.

Ferking kids have no respect for ANYTHING or ANYONE. I suppose its not 100% their fault but their parents either have no discipline or just dont care.

I suppose I would also be a disgruntled teenager with that upbringing... but sometimes its also plain common sense.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I would have expected more compression of the hood against the tires on the SLR. I know he is standing kind of in the center of the hood which would cause an equal distribution of the weight (not as pronounced). It seems that the SL's fender is practically touching the tire....but the ignoramus is much closer to that side. Can the SLR photo be a result of photoshop (maybe wishful thinking)?

Tom
Old 12-17-2007, 07:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
E63 AMG, E60 M5
Originally Posted by intellilogic
RAWR...

I am a young guy, age 23, I am an orphan with bi-polar, born with quite the disadvantage in Baltimore city, I worked very very hard to get where I am and it didn't happen over night, i started working very hard for this life when I turned 13, I had meet my maternal grandmother of my decided mother and I was givin such opportunities moving to vienna, va to live with her. I took full advantage of these opportunities and now lead a good life. Whats my point with all of this, I get very upset when people don't respect my belongings, I worked very hard for them and no one handed me ANYTHING, I am a high school dropout.

so what happen... this Saturday, I was at a bar/club in Arlington, VA, I happen to get lucky and got parking RIGHT in front of the door, we parked there and got in line, which did not start right in front of the door, after some time in line, we got close to the door and by my car, where I could see some mother ****er leaning back on my car like he ****ing owned it and the world surrounding...

I walked over to him and said "Do you own this car."
HIM(random ****er) was honest enough to answer "no."
Rich(ME) "well I do and I would appreciate it if you would get off of it."
HIM(random ****er) "Im not hurting anything man, don't worry about it."
Rich(ME) "look dude, I paid a **** tone of money for this hunk of metal and its not for you to sit on"(he was leaning, but I said sit)
HIM(random ****er) "Theres no need to get all upset, its probably not even your car." (as he got off the car)
Rich(ME) "it doesn't even matter if its mine or not, its not yours and its disrespectful."
HIM(random ****er) "yea whatever."
Rich(ME) I then walked back over and got in line, not even 2 minutes later, this non-caring disrespecting piece of **** is back on my ****ing car. so I walk over to him..
Rich(ME) "dude, what the ****, I asked you not to lean on my ****ing car, this car cost me $150k, I have to pay $4k a mo for the car and insurance, I would really appreciate it if you didn't use it as a prop." (cost of mods and yes my insurance is retarded high)
HIM(random ****er) "its not even your car dude, what the **** do you care."
Rich(ME) I had key in pocket and I have keyless, so I opened the door right next to him "yes mother ****er, it is, get the **** off of it or I will god damn kill you."
HIM (random ****er) "fine dude, sorry I didn't know it was your car, relax"
Rich(ME) "I told you before it doesn't matter if its MY car or not, its not yours and its disrespectful."

He got off the car for good at that point because people started noticing and my friends came over and wear getting ready to keep me from killing him.

If I hadn't been going into the club to meet with some of my female friends, I probably would have never said anything and just walked up in hit him in the face, I feel thats the same ****ing way he treated me. I ****ing hate selfish people who don't care about anything but them selves and don't respect anyone.

EDIT: lol censorship
I agree with you man. People don't have respect anymore. He deserved a kick in the *** after you told him the first time. There shouldn't be a second.
On another note what mods you have on the car that it's 150k? I know you have the P30, what else?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:01 PM

2003 E55 AMG
whats going on with this??
Old 01-03-2008, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1999 C280
RR,

What you should do is create mass hype. The owner of the SLR may not know that somebody stepped on his hood, because it could have popped back up.

What you could do is circulate these photos around forums that SLR owners frequent, if they havnt been circulating already. Word of mouth can spread this. Forums like ferarrichat, lambopower, sixspeedonline, anotheroneimforgetting, basically your forums for your higher end vehicles. Also hit up the AMG private lounge and post it there. I'm very sure that these pictures have done the rounds.

What you can do is email the SA of Fletcher Jones in LV and ask him to forward this picture to all his Black SLR and Silver SL owners(if posssible) or ask him to post it somwhere near his office. I'm sure this would anger the owner if he randomly sees it or if it spreads by word of mouth.

just my $0.02
Old 01-03-2008, 11:18 PM

SL55
Exclamation Final Update

Well Guys...

I've know this for a while... But have been dreading posting.

We are at a dead end.

I have a contact who is close to Eugene.. That is his name. I have his last known address, and full name. But it does no good.

Those shots of them on the cars were indeed in Las Vegas. They were taken on a trip there, and the person close to him verfied from the Exif data that they were the same as the other pictures from the trip.

So... It definately happened in Vegas, AND the LVPD has NO records of any SLR or SL500 vandalized there. PERIOD, so... We know no Police report was filed... Now ok... So you think that the person who owned the car took care of it him/herself, and paid out of pocket, or through insurance...

BUT... Fletcher Jones Would have definately known about it. I talked to the SA There who Exclusively handles ALL SLR's In Las Vegas... I sent him the pictures, and he assured me that if it was one of their cars/customers he would have known about it in five minutes.

I seriously doubt that the hood popped back into place, not aluminum, there would have been a crease anyway. I would venture to say the owner wouldn't have wanted Body filler on the car, so a replacement hood would have to have been ordered from Germany... I've heard in the nieghborhood of $20k !!!

You see the dealer would have had to have known.

So... I'm at a dead end... No point in calling Washington State dealers, if it definately happened in Las Vegas... Maybe it was an LA car... Who knows.

I'm out of ideas... And badly disapointed. I wanted to catch this scum so badly.

If anyone can think of anything else to do... Please let me know. I'm very sorry and apologize to everyone. I feel I've let you guys down, and more I feel I've let the owners of those cars down. Maybe something will break one day... And we'll find out something... I won't forget about it, and keep my hopes up.

Thanks Everyone for helping... You are all great people, and I'm proud to be a member here.

Best Always,

RoydRage
Old 01-04-2008, 12:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
Originally Posted by RoydRage

So... I'm at a dead end... No point in calling Washington State dealers, if it definately happened in Las Vegas... Maybe it was an LA car... Who knows.
Anyone have any dealer contacts in LA?

This scum deserves nothing but the best.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
just wondering but is it me or does the amber bumper light look likes its lite (on the SLR), maybe its just me or is the car on or the alarm going off
Old 01-04-2008, 02:08 PM

will MBUSA able to do something? It can't be that many black SLR in the country right?