Expected gains from asp pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by TopGun32
as long as you don't have the oil cooler in front like 04 + E55's..

and the bolt pattern is the same as the E55...since the HE bolts on to your bumper frame.
After thinking about it closer,theres no way it will work.The Sl55 has the upright HE that is flat against the radiator,also the factory oil cooler is alot bigger than the 55's and its sits on an angle in front of the lower section of the radiator..
Old 11-05-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My ex-cars: 03 E55,04 C32, 05 C55 ,03 E320
Thread Revive!

After reading lots of threads, I pulled the trigger..No one wants to buy my E55 so....
I just placed an order for the ASP Pulleys from K1 Motorsports...
I will let everyone know how it feels once I have it installed!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by derrick_lui
Thread Revive!

After reading lots of threads, I pulled the trigger..No one wants to buy my E55 so....
I just placed an order for the ASP Pulleys from K1 Motorsports...
I will let everyone know how it feels once I have it installed!
scratch another $699 for the FMIC.. trust me on this one!

its a simple install.. same hoses, just 4 bolts to the frame.. just need a lift and take off the bumper.

do some runs with your girl's M5 after the pulley install and after the pulley and FMIC..

love to see thoses!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
Originally Posted by code3smith
Well it looks to be about the same size as mine, and it clears the oil cooler. I already got an offer on a newer E55 to check out. So I should know pretty soon. Interesting that he made a single pass tube and fin unit. Nice job on the angled end tanks, definitely needed for his design to help maintain flow. I originally did angled tanks on the C32, but there was no difference over the square tank with the size of ours. Most of the fluid is in the passages, not the end tanks, which is where we want it to be.

Any thoughts on the integrated oil cooler? There is plenty of room to move the unit. If it will clear, then I will not bother, unless people are interested.
i'd watch out about the combocooler. Having lower temp coolant and higher temp TOC (as much as 30-40C swings) can cause some thermo-cycling issues at the tube/header locations. All aluminum tanks will thermally deform more than Plastic tanks, and with the TOC tubes expanding more, and CAC tubes less, you may get some issues. it probably wont show up in initial testing, but either do some OEM validation tests or FEA to see this issues.

have experience in this - PM me if you want to know details.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
C63S past: E90 M3 6M, w211 E55
i would do a seperate CAC, and either reduce the size to accomidate stock TOC location, or determine a mount kit for the factory TOC for new placement.