Day 2 with Veloce ECU..morning fun.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by Para
Read the entire post, it was a different operator. Some people do not know how to operate a dyno. A proper before and after should be the same dyno, same operator, and same conditions. The conditions aren't always easy to match, but it should at least be the same dyno and same operator.

You say it's a ripoff, but you don't know the number. Was it 1 HP less? Was it 40 HP less? We don't know.
Do some searching into what Veloce actually is.One guy claiming big numbers that havent been delivered and constant bs throught this forum.

He's not a tuner or even close to it.He's a middle man,nothing more.He'e been caught contradicting himself more than once in here.

ECU tune alone that delivers more hp and TQ than a stage one kit.......riiiiiiight.

Sorry to see you're involved with him.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:43 PM

97 M3 Turbo
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Do some searching into what Veloce actually is.One guy claiming big numbers that havent been delivered and constant bs throught this forum.

He's not a tuner or even close to it.He's a middle man,nothing more.He'e been caught contradicting himself more than once in here.

ECU tune alone that delivers more hp and TQ than a stage one kit.......riiiiiiight.

Sorry to see you're involved with him.
I know who/what Veloce is. I also agree that he is a middle man in the same sense that I am with my shop. I don't work on the cars, I don't even work at the shop. I own the shop, I have a General Manager who runs the daily operations, and we have techs who work on the cars.

I appreciate the concern, but there's nothing shady going on here. He's a business oriented guy who realized that he can develop a business around his passion for fast cars.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Para
I know who/what Veloce is. I also agree that he is a middle man in the same sense that I am with my shop. I don't work on the cars, I don't even work at the shop. I own the shop, I have a General Manager who runs the daily operations, and we have techs who work on the cars.

I appreciate the concern, but there's nothing shady going on here. He's a business oriented guy who realized that he can develop a business around his passion for fast cars.

Good luck with your dealings.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:55 PM

97 M3 Turbo
Originally Posted by Jrocket
Good luck with your dealings.
Thank you.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Can we safely say that this thread is dead and just burry it? Threre isn't much more to come of this. People that were initially involved in it no longer want anything to do with it. I for one bought my ECU tune from Adam and will be shipping it out tomorrow morning.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
I used Aaron with StealthAuto myself. I agree this thread is dead.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Zal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CLK55
Hey 55wagon..whats the story here?

So did Veloce buy you out/refund/retune the car to keep you from sharing the results of the post ecu dyno?? You seem to be one of the few with a baseline tune, hence your lack of follow through on your comments about posting of dyno results seems to imply the gains were considerably less than expected. I was considering this ecu tune based on a recent ad/post from veloce and did some review of past threads on veloce and am curious to learn from your experience...you might save many of us here from unnecessary angst...
Old 01-19-2008, 02:22 AM

05 E55t, 07 R63, 04 Mini R53 (SOLD):01 s4 avant st3, 06 q7
Zal.....Couple things happen on the way. Yes I had a baseline dyno at 416/452... with the Veloce ECU tuning, I was alitte disappointed at the number I got from what he advertise. Veloce ECU Dyno at "DRUMS BEATING"
428/462 ... I dont have the dyno sheet right now. my tech has it.
But yes I did feel a different. and it really drives good. even my MBtech likes it.
And on top of that.. the dealer reflash my ECU at service.. now I lost all my mod. lowering. 10deg fan mod. veloce tune. and I think it slower than when I brought the car....

So I never had a chance to re dyno the car again w/ green filter and cm30.

so my tech and I are debating should I sent my ECU back to Veloce to put the tune back on. that will cost me $250 for a reflash from them.. what a rip off since I paid for the tune.. all the other tuner only charge $100 for a reflash.
So the question. for $250 to get back my Veloce tune or spend $1000 with Adam@evotech????

Originally Posted by Zal
So did Veloce buy you out/refund/retune the car to keep you from sharing the results of the post ecu dyno?? You seem to be one of the few with a baseline tune, hence your lack of follow through on your comments about posting of dyno results seems to imply the gains were considerably less than expected. I was considering this ecu tune based on a recent ad/post from veloce and did some review of past threads on veloce and am curious to learn from your experience...you might save many of us here from unnecessary angst...
Old 01-19-2008, 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by 55wagon
Zal.....Couple things happen on the way. Yes I had a baseline dyno at 416/452... with the Veloce ECU tuning, I was alitte disappointed at the number I got from what he advertise. Veloce ECU Dyno at "DRUMS BEATING"
But yes I did feel a different. and it really drives good. even my MBtech likes it.
And on top of that.. the dealer reflash my ECU at service.. now I lost all my mod. lowering. 10deg fan mod. veloce tune. and I think it slower than when I brought the car....

so my tech and I are debating should I sent my ECU back to Veloce to put the tune back on. that will cost me $250 for a reflash from them.. what a rip off since I paid for the tune.. all the other tuner only charge $100 for a reflash.
So the question. for $250 to get back my Veloce tune or spend $1000 with Adam@evotech????
That is crappy of Veloce...which is why I went with PowerChips and Aaron with StealthAuto.

To play devil's advocate, it does cost these guys more than $100 to have it re-tuned...and I guess Veloce does not want to go backwards.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq

Wow, pretty much only 10/10 gains? Damn.... were both done on similar temp, humidity, etc.? Just trying to remove all inconsistencies...

IMO, ECU tuning alone is not worth it.... get stage 1. The pulley will be the one that bumps your performance quite significantly... and the ECU upgrade will just make the engine more optimal with bigger pulley.

EDIT: I just read your dealer "reflash".... If this is the same as old news.... dealer reflash would cause your car produce much less power than your original stock. So dyno your car again.... your car could now produce a lot less than 416/452.... more like high 300's / low 400's if I recall correctly.

Last edited by zoink; 01-19-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
and I think it slower than when I brought the car....
Awwww mannnn duudddeee, you might be in for a real tough battle.

From what we deducted, some of the newer Benz ECU updates are programmed to be tough to reflash. Cory at Klee called it, "hiding load limiters in code" and said it was EXTREMELY sneaky and 100% done on purpose.

Sure hope you didn't get that one bro, it's a hard one to reverse.

Good luck and keep us updated. and next time MISTER, NOOOOOO FLASH AT THE DEALER!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Zal

2001 CLK55
Thanks Wagon55. Sorry to hear about your odessey. However, good karma to you, you just deterred me from making a mistake. I will ignore the veloce hype going forward. Many thanks.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:10 PM

CL65
I am also sorry to hear about your experience 55wagon. Hopefully you will get back to where you were with a new flash. Thanks for sharing your info with the forum. You have probably saved a few others from making the same mistakes.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:10 PM

SL55

That's a No Brainer...

Adam used to offer reflashes for Free you just pay for shipping both ways I believe... I am extremely happy with what he did on my car... It smokes the tires at will for as long as I want!

He does wonders with the Load Limter campain MB Impliments... My car was a VICTIM... When I got it back from Adam it was Waaaaay faster than even before Mecedes flashed the Load Limiter...

Way don't you ask Veloce for your Money back because the car NEVER Preformed as advertized, and put that money to EvoTech where it will do some good.

Best,

RoydRage
Old 01-20-2008, 07:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Thanks for sharing the info 55wagon... We all know you didn't want to be dragged into this in such way. I'm sure guys here can get your car on track. Hearing about the final Dyno numbers it just makes me somewhat pissed, as Veloce charges more than anyone else for the Tune, yet never provided a dyno to support its claims... only to have you find out for yourself that the hype never lived up to the expectations.
I hope that other forums will be just as aware about this, because many of them are simply taking Veloce at its word on the gains with the tune alone.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:54 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB
Thanks for sharing the info 55wagon... We all know you didn't want to be dragged into this in such way. I'm sure guys here can get your car on track. Hearing about the final Dyno numbers it just makes me somewhat pissed, as Veloce charges more than anyone else for the Tune, yet never provided a dyno to support its claims... only to have you find out for yourself that the hype never lived up to the expectations.
I hope that other forums will be just as aware about this, because many of them are simply taking Veloce at its word on the gains with the tune alone.
Maybe someone that got burned should post on the SL55 forum pointing to this thread.

Best,

RoydRage
Old 01-21-2008, 01:28 PM

A slow Tahoe!
Thanks 55Wagon!

I want to personally thank you for saving me my hard earned money. I was almost ready to pull the trigger with these guys a few months ago when I saw your thread. I even offered my car as a test mule with me paying for the pre/post dynos. They declined my offer and so I decided to wait to see what the outcome was with your car, sorry to hear you've lost power after all of this. I hope Adam or Vic can get your power back.........good luck.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:54 PM

2019 CLS450 4matic, 2013 CLS550 4matic (totaled), 2005 C55 (traded), & a Ford F150
Originally Posted by Zal
Thanks Wagon55. Sorry to hear about your odessey. However, good karma to you, you just deterred me from making a mistake. I will ignore the veloce hype going forward. Many thanks.
Thanks from me too. I was also considering this. I guess the old saying that if it sounds too good to be true... is true.