Opinions on E55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Opinions on E55

Guys,

New to the board and have searched for other people's threads asking the same question, but none really had a similar question to mine. Here is my dilema:

2004 Alabaster White E55
~27k miles, CPO

Options:
Panoramic
Harmon Kardon
Nav. ready (i.e., need nav unit)

Options not included:
Parktronic
Keyless go
Rear shade
Active seats

With that said, the car is in pristine order (no scratches, dents, etc.) with no history of damage/service problems. So the questions I have are:

1. What do you think is a fair price for this car?

2. Should I continue to shop around for another car with more options?

TIA.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Almost a Member!

I asked a similar question last week about which options most would consider essential. The theme was that most liked keyless go and would live without the panaramic roof. From the research I have done it would appear to me you may be able to get that car in the very high 40's...I have found an '05 with more options for $55 asking and an 06 for $59 asking.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
That one is pretty stripped...but has a low miles. I would think 45K would be a fair price...but always try to get it for less.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:00 PM

E55
Thanks!

Timeless,

$45k is the number I had in my head too. I guess I will try it out and if he doesn't bite, then I guess the search continues.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 PM

2013 CLS63 2004 S55
I love keyless go and wish I picked up Panoramic. Sunshade is eh if you plan to tint. Active seats are a cool novelty (not a deal breaker). And parktronic is a nice-to-have if you dont mind the spotted bumper strips.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Here's my .02 cents.

Pano roof: I live in Florida and don't want any more sunshine, or the
extra weight.
Harmon Kardon: Rarely turn the radio on. I'd much rather listen to the
mechanical and exhaust noise these cars make.
Nav: Worthless. Get a Garmin.
Keyless: Don't have it so I haven't missed it. Wouldn't have
ordered it.
Parktronic: Seriously...you need that to park your car? LOL
Rear Shade: Got it but have never used it.
Active Seats: Kinda like these. Expecially on long drives. Could live
without but since its there I use it.

I'm kind of retro when it comes to performance cars. If it doesn't enhance the performance...it doesn't belong on the car. Get a Lexus if you want gadgets. I purchased my E55 strictly for the performance and actually wanted one with as few options as possible. It will probably cost me at resale time but I don't care. I got what I wanted.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by UASKD4IT

2004 Alabaster White E55
~27k miles, CPO

2004 - Build date is CRITICAL. You have CPO, so that is somewhat meaningless. Keep in mind that it DOES NOT have the suspension upgrades that came in '05.
White with Pano - That is just gorgeous!
27K miles and clean - PRICELESS.

Nav. ready (i.e., need nav unit)
You can pick up a NAV at any dealership. I had them throw it into the deal on my '04.

Options not included:
Parktronic : Not a big deal. The only time I really like mine is around the garage or in parking lots with the cinder block stops. It actually sees those and saves the front airdam. Again, just a nice to have or not.

Keyless go: I love mine, but no deal breaker.

Rear shade: PPPfffft. I'm sure you could add it and so what? As another said, tint. I never use my rear or side shades.

Active seats: Here is the issue. I LOVE mine. I have them set on aggressive and they are AWESOME. By far the only reason I upgraded from an '05 to an '06 and why I haven't moved on to an E63. I didn't buy a mercedes because of the outside (Star). I love the cabins and the captain's chair is the core of that.

1. What do you think is a fair price for this car?

I'd say $45, but be realistic. That is a great deal on a clean car. Find out how long they have had it.

2. Should I continue to shop around for another car with more options?

Only you can answer that. Even a stripped E55 is still a pretty tight ride. And there are aftermarket parts to your heart's content. I would decide what options I have to have (that can not be added) and go from there. I can tell you that a clean, low mile, White with pano (I hate pano, but it looks gorgeous on white / silver) CPO E55 is a rare thing these days.

TIA.
Either way, you can't loose. If this is your worst case, I'd hate to see what you end up with.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:38 PM

2003 e55
40-45 sounds fair.. and specially WHITE!!.. alot of us on here would kill for white.. since its more rare than iridium silver and blk
Old 11-15-2007, 07:20 PM

2005 E55 AMG, 2005 E46 M3 ZCP
where is this car located?
i have a friend whos been looking for a white/pano and interested if you decide to pass.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
White e55 2003 (no options)

Don't waste your time/money on such a poorly optioned car. Be patient and find what you want. White color is hot and the price is good. Still, I would spend some decent money for a later model car with better options like keyless go. Also you need a longer term warranty. If you are paying 41K that is what you are getting, nothing more. Good luck finding what you want. One more thing, the weight of the pano roof is like driving with a 200 pound plus passenger in the front seat at all times.

Last edited by sack5000; 11-15-2007 at 07:56 PM.