Renntech Mufflers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Renntech Mufflers

Anyone have or have heard the Renntech Sports Mufflers. They look great on thier website, The tips are oval just like the AMG's. I am woundering about wieght reduction. The site says light wieght I do not want a loud sound, I have my resinators out and love the sound but I think the Renntech's would sound kick azz Any input?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I hate them. The gains are NONE and the sound is only slightly better than yours. Why not have your mufflers gutted locally? Or, if you are going to spend the money, get a straight stainless unit from headers back. That would at least look clean. If you do get em and need a good shop, let me know. I would consider some before and after dynos, just incase there are some gains to be had on the 63. Yours would show it the most for now anyway.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Hey Jangy, I'm sure there are no gains as the AMG set up flows well. I like the looks, quality and if they sound even a little better . I have an email in to Bob at Renntech about the weight, that is where the up side may be(of coure, noticed on the drag strip only) and you know how some of us can get just looking for the .01 drop in time ..
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
Hey Jangy, I'm sure there are no gains as the AMG set up flows well. I like the looks, quality and if they sound even a little better . I have an email in to Bob at Renntech about the weight, that is where the up side may be(of coure, noticed on the drag strip only) and you know how some of us can get just looking for the .01 drop in time ..
check supersprint out they are light weight and the sound is IMO the best.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

'05 C55(sold)'05 E55(sold)'06 911C4S(sold)'06 ML350 '06 CLS55(sold),buncha slo bikes
I was looking into this very same thing,but after seeing the price I almost had diarrhea
Same thing w Eisenmann exhaust(sic?)$3000 is too much for me to spend on mufflers.My wife would quickly insert them into my sphincter after she saw the price &that wouldn't be good

There was a CLK63 Black Series at my dealer&my friend started it,the sound is much deeper&throatier then a normal 63.Pure orgasmic delight for the ears.I wanted my E to sound like this but after seeing how expensive it would be I quickly forgot about it.

Last edited by oldgixxer; 11-19-2007 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
dam funny
Old 11-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
dam funny
I have these and love them. They look stock and fit great. Also the sound is very muscular without to much drone on the highway(I can still use my bluetooth to phone option). The workmanship is amazing and I love the Renntech embossed tips!! My approval! I posted a link to some pics of it below...check post #3 on the link. Hope this helps.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...renntech+stage
Old 11-20-2007, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Looks like I will make the call Renntech here I come again I have the Renntech headers, I also replaced resinator with X-pipe. Looking for the exotic power sound. Is it easy to clean the inside of the tips?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Looks like I will make the call Renntech here I come again I have the Renntech headers, I also replaced resinator with X-pipe. Looking for the exotic power sound. Is it easy to clean the inside of the tips?
Seems like alot of loot for just a different sound.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Dam , I spent a hell of alot more on just my home stereo amp Just gotta keep modding I sure hope it sound GREAT
Old 11-20-2007, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Are there any MAA meetings in S.D? " Hello, My name is Rick and I am A Moddaholic"
Old 11-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I just wish you weren't going with RennTech. At least promise me you won't go through Creative Autoworks. I'd hate to see your car scrubbed.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

It is extremely easy to clean the tips! I also have the RT SS shorties and the combo like I said earlier is amazing...once you get them please post some sound clips. I would love to hear your setup with that X pipe! I will also add that even when I start my car...people look...as the car note is very exotic! Goodluck bro.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Why X pipes and not straight?

Also, decide what you are doing with your secondary cats BEFORE you decide on the system. If all you are getting is a cat-back (which is what i think it is), then you can deal with the cats when you want. I would NOT do it all at once, or you will never be able to troubleshoot in case the tune goes whacky.

Last thing. Call EVOSport and ask about their custom exhaust setup. It is the AMG one re-worked. It is almost as much as the others, but I love it. Then, you can decide to stick with RT.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Just cutting out the resonator on the 63 makes it sound so nice. Cutting out the secondary cats (or replacing them with race cats) and adding mufflers takes it over the top. The sound is awesome. Just make sure you get the sound you want. Some are loud, raspy, whatever. Get that exotic car sound (as mentioned). I think the Eis is a bit much, but the RT may be a different sound.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Thanks for all the in put guys. I'll let you know what I come up with. I did have the straight pipes but it was a little to Boaty for me, the X pipe cleaned up the tone just right.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 PM

old daily driver '07 E63(gone); new dd '14 750xi; 2013 Viper GTS
So are you saying that as of this very minute you only have changed the resonator to an x-pipe. If so, is it possible to get a sound clip? What did they do different to the CLK black series that it sounds more exotic?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
I did have the straight pipes but it was a little to Boaty for me, the X pipe cleaned up the tone just right

Old 11-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Thanks for all the in put guys. I'll let you know what I come up with. I did have the straight pipes but it was a little to Boaty for me, the X pipe cleaned up the tone just right.
Oh, ok. I love the "thud thud" sound. Did you consider an H? I just wonder for performance. I don't know where the back pressure point should be in your car. I would assume an X would have more turbulence and thus more backpressure than an H would, so I wondered if that would help or hurt.

I have straight pipes on the E, but am considering cutting off the secondary cats and putting in an X pipe. I'm hoping the X pipe can make up for the cats and have a little more buffer for pressure (larger volume from the headers to the turbulence).
Old 11-21-2007, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Hey jangster, You have headers? .
Old 11-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I have NOTHING. The only things right now are "cosmetic" or not considered "modifications", other than the RT ELM. I have 18" HREs, EVOSport rotors, Porterfield pads, a bunch of Euro MB parts, and that really is it. After Creative blew my motor, we had a deal for me to go full bore RennTech but it never happened. Headers (shortys) was part of it. That is where the bitterness came in. We should hook up for lunch or happy hour to chat. I think you may fit right in with us down here. I understand why you like RennTech stuff and that is what I would get on my car as well (bitterness not withstanding). Read all of my posts and you will find a single one where I bash their product. One product that I do not feel is well developed for the $$. And that is simply my opinion. Other than that, I have always LOVED the quality of products that they had been outsourcing (EVOTech et all). My issue was with customer service. More so, the attitude of sweep it under IF you can. Many people don't have the resolve or resources to fight that, but I do.

Anyhow, for now, I have been stock. The car was sent to the VPC for about 3 weeks for the regional rep to do his thing. I got it back right before the fires and then I was at the drags. I need to keep it stock for about another month, max so I am starting to get the parts I want. We had a few options on Headers, and I'll end up getting the "best" at the time. I plan to:

1 - 80mm TB
2 - VRP Airbox + Boa tubes
3 - Pulley (maybe EvoTech, if Adam will give it free)
4 - Cooling
5 - Underbody (replace arms / bushings, add air ducts, add front sway bar)
6 - Headers (shorties)
7 - Quaife LSD
8 - Exhaust from right before the secondary cats back
9 - ECU

No particular order. I hope to have that much done by next spring. From there, it will likely become a Daily Driver and I will get a cheap track car to smash you with!!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
Right on man. Sounds good. Just make sure the track car is not a CIVIC lol
Old 11-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Banned

German
Im a fan of the Eisenmann race for the e55 ..