Sponsored by:

400HP/450TQ twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V8-- X6 Model

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

its a matter of time until this engine will be in the 5 series...

it will be a real monster.

I would not blink twice to trade my E55 for a 5 series with v8tt.

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101798
Old 12-16-2007, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Originally Posted by TopGun32

Dude, you're like the biggest hater on your E55; in fact Mercedes in general. It's almost like everytime I see a post from you, it's something derogatory or negative towards Mercedes, whether it's your own or not.

Why are you even on this forum? A better question is probably why do you even own a Mercedes-- two in fact?

Not trying to jump on you or anything, but come on guy I think you'd be happier with a 3-series then both of your Mercedes put together.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Exodus
Dude, you're like the biggest hater on your E55; in fact Mercedes in general. It's almost like everytime I see a post from you, it's something derogatory or negative towards Mercedes, whether it's your own or not.

Why are you even on this forum? A better question is probably why do you even own a Mercedes-- two in fact?

Not trying to jump on you or anything, but come on guy I think you'd be happier with a 3-series then both of your Mercedes put together.
biggest hater? Nice!

You have to admit when the competition is developing better products in terms of engines.

that is not hating.

But if given the options, you have to take what appeals best to your needs.

A supercharged appealed to me 3 years ago.. and now after owning 2 of them.. I would like to move forward.

Why am I on this forum? to share information and post my opinions just like you.

I respect your opinion about the topic I posted, not about you calling me a hater.

I rather have a 135 over my C32

and I rather have 5 v8tt (no such thing yet) over my E55.

Its my opinion, and in no way I'm I being derogatory or negative towards Mercedes.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 PM

none
biggest hater? Nice!

You have to admit when the competition is developing better products in terms of engines.
I will, when it happens-- thus far however, I hardly call the new V8TT "better". There have been no tests between the two (assuming you're referring to the AMG V8 Supercharged) and furthermore the BMW V8 is shy about 69 hp and 62 lbs of tq to compete with the AMG V8. So please reiterate how you've ascertained the new V8TT is better then the AMG V8.

I see no credible facts just opinions, and your biased opinion towards anything NONE Mercedes is what you makes you a "hater", as it were.

that is not hating.
You're forming an opinion that the unreleased V8TT is better then the AMG. And it's not even the first time I've read a post from you that makes your car look bad.

But if given the options, you have to take what appeals best to your needs.

A supercharged appealed to me 3 years ago.. and now after owning 2 of them.. I would like to move forward.
Of course, while constantly bashing on Mercedes, including your own.

Why am I on this forum? to share information and post my opinions just like you.

I respect your opinion about the topic I posted, not about you calling me a hater.

I rather have a 135 over my C32

and I rather have 5 v8tt (no such thing yet) over my E55.

Its my opinion, and in no way I'm I being derogatory or negative towards Mercedes.
Excuse my lack of knowledge, what's a 135?

I too respect your opinion, I realize everyone is entitled to their own and I do apologize for taking this thread off-topic, but it just got me wondering if your opinion is this: anything else > Mercedes, why are you here?

Oh, right. I get it. The appeal of yesteryear.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

German
sick motor.....but the car is beyond ugly !!! can you say Pontiac AZTEK!

It looks like BMW is getting turbo happy with all their new cars.. and MBenz is going the other way (N/A)....
Old 12-16-2007, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
audi

topgun isn't the only one that is seriously looking at Audis.

My wife just mentioned the other day that she really liked the audi's other moms were driving ...
Old 12-16-2007, 09:48 PM

none
Audi rocks

Just Mercedes does it better. My opinion I think, I don't know though, that A4's vicious 4-banger... might take out my V12
Old 12-16-2007, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Thumbs down That car is just plain ugly!

No engine, no suspension can atone for the hideous 5 series period! TopGun32
you are definitely entitled to your opinion but why slam the AMG & Mercedes when you have owned two?
Old 12-16-2007, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450

How is this a slam? Come on now ... aren't we getting just a tad bit too sensitive?
Old 12-16-2007, 11:47 PM

none
Originally Posted by SLK55R
How is this a slam? Come on now ... aren't we getting just a tad bit too sensitive?
Trust me, I would hardly have a problem with anyone admitting they like X-car better then a Mercedes car, but when the "slamming" becomes common it kind of begs the question: "Why is he still here; and why does he still own two Benzes?"

Look at his post history, every other post is: "I would definitely trade my Benz in for that," or "Our cars are slow not too fast" or "I cant wait until X comes out so I can get rid of my Benz" Kind of reminds me of the idiot Tuscan_Raider.

Do a search and tell me otherwise.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:56 PM

2003 E55 AMG
meh im not getting rid of my e55 anytime soon, but im going to be looking at the 135i or a used z06 as possible track cars
Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 AM

Audi S4
Originally Posted by Exodus

I don't think he's a hater at all. He just isn't a fanboy who backs up a certain brand no matter what. Some guys refuse to buy a certain brand on principal but a lot of us are car enthusiasts who will buy the best car no matter what the brand. If BMW came out with a 5 series (that wasn't ugly ) and put a twin turbo V8 in it, I guarantee a lot of AMG guys would jump ship to that. I drive a B5 Audi S4 because I love forced induction and modding and it's the best bang for the buck that I can afford. Would I jump ship right now to an E55 or a twin turbo V8 5 series if I could afford it? Absolutely! If Benz twin turbo charged the next E class AMG, TopGun 32 would probably be talking about how he wanted to get that. It's not the brand, but the performance/package you get.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:26 AM

2003 e55
theres alot of cars id rather have besides my e55.. like aston martin db9, or f430, or murciellago, but in its own class.. id rather have nothing but that
Old 12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by adean1979
I don't think he's a hater at all. He just isn't a fanboy who backs up a certain brand no matter what. Some guys refuse to buy a certain brand on principal but a lot of us are car enthusiasts who will buy the best car no matter what the brand. If BMW came out with a 5 series (that wasn't ugly ) and put a twin turbo V8 in it, I guarantee a lot of AMG guys would jump ship to that. I drive a B5 Audi S4 because I love forced induction and modding and it's the best bang for the buck that I can afford. Would I jump ship right now to an E55 or a twin turbo V8 5 series if I could afford it? Absolutely! If Benz twin turbo charged the next E class AMG, TopGun 32 would probably be talking about how he wanted to get that. It's not the brand, but the performance/package you get.
I could not said it better myself.

For the others that posted on my "AMG disrespect":

My name is Joe, so if you are going to take it personal, you can refer to me by Joe

Those that know me personally, know that I have contributed much to this forum as any other.

The fact I don't have brand loyalty does not make me a hater. If mercedes would add 2 turbos to their v6 or v8.. it would be no contest.

As mentioned by others.. Audi is also moving to the 3L TT set up as well. That will be a car ethusiasts will embrace, and I'm sure many of will look at it as well.

My post was strictly talking about an engine.. not the Fugly X6 or any other product.

let's stick to the topic. engine vs engine.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:10 PM

SL55
That car is just wrong. Reminds me the Infiniti FX. The motor sounds okay, could be fun to mod.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:39 PM

none
Originally Posted by adean1979
I'm brand loyal? Backing on principal?

Come on man, I'm no hater against BMW. I'm no hater against any car marque. Quote me where ever I said I was.

I've had two Audi(s) in the past, an A4 B7 and a B5 S4. Just like you actually, and just like you I acknowledged even my modded B5 S4 would get it's a$$ whupped by a E55 *hence* my next car, the E55. Clearly then I have no problem accepting a car is better.

I don't know, maybe you haven't read Joe's posts enough, or maybe I always read the ones where he happens to talk smack on his car and Mercedes in general but I do know this post he mentioned above did the trick.

Someone (Joe) has yet to clarify how they think the new BMW V8TT will be better (stock to stock) then the E55 they would trade in a hearbeat for? Because all I was reading was "400HP/450tq better then 469/512"

Might as well say a stock GTO can kick an E55's a$$
Old 12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Wow that X6 looks like complete ***. It looks like The Hunchback of Notre Dame version of the E92.

400hp/450tq, I'm not sure why you'd trade in your E55 for less hp? Just get an M5 if you want a fast 5 series

I also don't see why that engine would make it in the 5 series, at least not until the M5's V10 gets turbos or any significant hp upgrade.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:53 PM

none
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Wow that X6 looks like complete ***. It looks like The Hunchback of Notre Dame version of the E92.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
let's stick to the topic. engine vs engine.
LOL.... yes, I agree w/ SLK55R.... some people are a bit sensitive

But I see Exodus' question....

Stock engine vs. stock engine (just the topic you suggested above):
How come E55's 469/510 is worse than BMW's 400/450? I'm not questioning about technology or whatnot.... just a simple engine's power to the ground...

Or... do you expect the one that'll be in new 5 series would be higher than that?

Or... do you expect this engine has bigger potential than the current E55?

As for higher powered engine to the new 5 series, I doubt it.... Even w/ 400/450 engine, BMW would destroy their M's market - just like the E92 M3 vs. E90/E92 335i - unless BMW would introduce the rumored V10TT on M5 & V8TT on M3.

As for bigger potential, yeah, I agree.... a simple software upgrade would make it comparable to stock E55.... swapping to bigger turbo kit would mean death to E55. But again.... I have yet to see the reliability impacts on the rest of hardwares....

I honestly still have faith w/ AMG.... I'm guessing they made the current 63 to sort all the bugs out before slapping S/C or TT on it.... just like the W210 to W211.... If my guess is correct, AMG would introduce F/I engine off of current 63 the same time as W212.

I love this war..... but please make the US$ stronger so everything would be cheaper
Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by zoink
LOL.... yes, I agree w/ SLK55R.... some people are a bit sensitive

But I see Exodus' question....

Stock engine vs. stock engine (just the topic you suggested above):
How come E55's 469/510 is worse than BMW's 400/450? I'm not questioning about technology or whatnot.... just a simple engine's power to the ground...

Or... do you expect the one that'll be in new 5 series would be higher than that?

Or... do you expect this engine has bigger potential than the current E55?

As for higher powered engine to the new 5 series, I doubt it.... Even w/ 400/450 engine, BMW would destroy their M's market - just like the E92 M3 vs. E90/E92 335i - unless BMW would introduce the rumored V10TT on M5 & V8TT on M3.

As for bigger potential, yeah, I agree.... a simple software upgrade would make it comparable to stock E55.... swapping to bigger turbo kit would mean death to E55. But again.... I have yet to see the reliability impacts on the rest of hardwares....

I honestly still have faith w/ AMG.... I'm guessing they made the current 63 to sort all the bugs out before slapping S/C or TT on it.... just like the W210 to W211.... If my guess is correct, AMG would introduce F/I engine off of current 63 the same time as W212.

I love this war..... but please make the US$ stronger so everything would be cheaper
valid points and this was the topic I was after..

since I'm not stock and I have never left my cars stock.. I can only speak in terms of mods.

stock vs stock any 5th grader will tell you who has the advantage.

But if you look at the 5 series 6sp auto or manual option,
The fact you only need a piggy back system and probably a larger FMIC to stay competative with just about anything else.

from an enthusiast perspective.. if THEY EVER MAKE SUCH A CAR... I would sell my E55 and buy the BMW.

If by then... AMG has anything out with Turbos.. I'll be all over it.

Last edited by TopGun32; 12-17-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:57 PM

06 E60 M5
I bet this engine is underrated... look at 335i's they put down 270-280 RWHP STOCK!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Originally Posted by 7 speed SMG
I bet this engine is underrated... look at 335i's they put down 270-280 RWHP STOCK!
Well they underrated the crap out of the 335i so It doesn't compete with the new M3...
Old 12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
If by then... AMG has anything out with Turbos.. I'll be all over it.
They do now *cough*cough* 65 *cough*cough*

By then, I see the 65's would be in the 60's.... but still can't swallow how expensive to maintain one....