Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New upcoming CTS-V to have 550HP/550lbft tq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Wow! I'm impressed. I loved the V I drove, but didn't like the interior. This looks great! When is it due? It's funny, but I was actually thinking to myself that this is one American car that I would not mind driving.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4
Originally Posted by Zax63
Doubt it, Skoob. That thing will be nasty. Fast forward 2 years, and half of us will have one if MB doesn't raise the bar. There is no question on Bang for your Buck. Also, Cadillac quality is arguably getting better than our Marques. I'm not talking about what we all think, I'm talking about what JD Power survey thinks. Buick just beat Lexus on initial quality on one of their rides. I'd take a CTS-V and 35k in the bank. Plus, you blow the motor and it is not 35k to replace.
That's what I love about American cars. Cheap parts!! I don't think the MB guys will have to worry too much. I think Benz will respond with a V8 twin turbo in the next AMG E class.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:14 PM

2007 E63
I am seriously thinking about selling E63 and putting deposit down for CTS-V. My car is at the dealer again for oil leak and they had it for 3 days.
How is quality of Caddy? I never owned one.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:17 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Ckim1021
I am seriously thinking about selling E63 and putting deposit down for CTS-V. My car is at the dealer again for oil leak and they had it for 3 days.
How is quality of Caddy? I never owned one.
all the corvette motors of the past have been indestructible. You can bet this one will be the same. Also the tremec trans in the previous V was also amazing. This car will be very tough
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by tommy25000
all the corvette motors of the past have been indestructible. You can bet this one will be the same. Also the tremec trans in the previous V was also amazing. This car will be very tough
Thanks
I will stop by caddy dealer after I pick up my car.
I just hope I will get decent money for my car.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:37 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by Ckim1021
Thanks
I will stop by caddy dealer after I pick up my car.
I just hope I will get decent money for my car.
I would say get rid of the E63 ASAP( assuming you have more than one car) the value will do nothing but depreciate from not till the fall when these are available. good news is there is almost now wait for them. as of now you can be one off the very first to get one!! like me!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
i agree with tommy. i cant wait til i check out the the new V in person. kudos to GM for giving this car some cohones!!! with pulley/tune/exhaust we're talking 600+HP. zomg. and that interior looks fantastic! i'm really glad to see GM/Caddy get their ***** together this time
Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 PM

Audi S4
This car is going to be fantastic, but I'm a little worried about tuning for it past stock levels. It's noted in the Autoblog article that the pistons are cast instead of forged. That's usually disaster for pushing the motor. I hope to god that's not an issue. If it's not, this car will catch on big time with people who love modifying cars.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Ha, ha, ha you guys, Caddy lovers you sound like salivating dogs for the CTS-V. The problem is you will not be able to get one, nope. Just like the ZR1 the production of these cars will be limited to a huge extent not unlike the Nissan GTR.

Anyway, a few years back I put a deposit on the CTS-V when it had 400HP and I thought it was great. Almost 9 months later the salesman called and said he had one. I had to almost kill myself getting down there but fortunately drove it before buying and found that it was a POS. It looks a little more glitze now, so what. The cost will be closer to $90K by the time you fall for the dealer markup.

Looking forward to the MB upgrade to the 63 about time I turn in this leaser...
Old 01-09-2008, 12:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
$90K? Don't think it'll go that far... to a few suckers maybe. But, I'll be looking to see what this will be all about in about 1.5 years. Then pick one up a year old. Seems like a great bunch of cars are coming really soon and will be ready for the picking in about a year and a half.

Originally Posted by sack5000
Ha, ha, ha you guys, Caddy lovers you sound like salivating dogs for the CTS-V. The problem is you will not be able to get one, nope. Just like the ZR1 the production of these cars will be limited to a huge extent not unlike the Nissan GTR.

Anyway, a few years back I put a deposit on the CTS-V when it had 400HP and I thought it was great. Almost 9 months later the salesman called and said he had one. I had to almost kill myself getting down there but fortunately drove it before buying and found that it was a POS. It looks a little more glitze now, so what. The cost will be closer to $90K by the time you fall for the dealer markup.

Looking forward to the MB upgrade to the 63 about time I turn in this leaser...
Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB
$90K? Don't think it'll go that far... to a few suckers maybe. But, I'll be looking to see what this will be all about in about 1.5 years. Then pick one up a year old. Seems like a great bunch of cars are coming really soon and will be ready for the picking in about a year and a half.
+1 on that price... I was told I would pay sticker. Maybe it's because I know the owner of the dealership...? There will be enough of these to go around. You guys must remember the CTS V hardly has a loyal following... This is nothing like a M3 or S550... They are still new to the market and the first one, to most people, was an upset. Everyone who wants one will get one for a decent price in a timely fashion... IMO of course
Old 01-09-2008, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Expect this to be a total POS. I bought a CTS-V to give it a try and did all the factory upgrades and Corsa exhaust. The sound was intoxicating and the torque was second to an E55 but everything else was junk. If people complain that the E55 spends a lot of time in service, what would they say about this?

Here are just some issues:

Destructive wheel hop whenever a tire spins so you can't launch the car without fear of damage or looking like an idiot.
Differential failures due to the above.
Radiator failures.
Nav worse than E55.
World's worst user interface for setting user parameters.
Poor fit and finish.
Poor build quality including surface rust on fasteners if driven in the winter in the first 6 months of ownership.
Reverse gate lockout disengages at 99MPH...this is a problem when the car goes well over 100MPH in the top of 4th and tries to go into reverse on the way to 5th at 110MPH!

It was a fun novelty with lots of quirks and pretty much what I would expect from a GM product that was quickly engineered. I expect more out of the new one but I can guarantee that they will not have it refined.

It will be fun to try the new CTS-V but I think I'll take the C63!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Thanks for sharing this bro.

I think I'm gonna stop by Caddy today
Old 01-09-2008, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Another link...probably same info: http://caddyedge.com/news/2008/01/08...mbargo-breaks/
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM

Audi S4
Originally Posted by Blacksport350
Expect this to be a total POS. I bought a CTS-V to give it a try and did all the factory upgrades and Corsa exhaust. The sound was intoxicating and the torque was second to an E55 but everything else was junk. If people complain that the E55 spends a lot of time in service, what would they say about this?

Here are just some issues:

Destructive wheel hop whenever a tire spins so you can't launch the car without fear of damage or looking like an idiot.
Differential failures due to the above.
Radiator failures.
Nav worse than E55.
World's worst user interface for setting user parameters.
Poor fit and finish.
Poor build quality including surface rust on fasteners if driven in the winter in the first 6 months of ownership.
Reverse gate lockout disengages at 99MPH...this is a problem when the car goes well over 100MPH in the top of 4th and tries to go into reverse on the way to 5th at 110MPH!

It was a fun novelty with lots of quirks and pretty much what I would expect from a GM product that was quickly engineered. I expect more out of the new one but I can guarantee that they will not have it refined.

It will be fun to try the new CTS-V but I think I'll take the C63!
It's well known that the last CTS-V wasn't that great. This is a complete redesign though and GM knows they need to start producing some great cars or they'll be out of business in no time.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:02 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
That's pretty bad *** and I'm not a caddy lover.... Hyundai looks great too.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:31 AM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
C'mon people! What R U guys thinking? This is another American POS! Last year at the auto show the GM guys were trying to show off the V-cars. The rep couldn't even get the hood to close completely, and kept on hopping on it like an idiot in front of about 500 people. The laughter was resounding, and people were running over from other displays just to see what was going on! When he finally did get the hood to close, it sounded like an aluminum bat hitting a baseball.....tink! No way I would ever buy GM, Ford, Chrysler/Jeep! Their lack of attention to QUALITY, detail and workmanship says it all! Friend of mine works at the Ford assembly plant here, and says you wouldn't believe some of the things they do not to stop that line!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 AM

2012 JDM
Originally Posted by ENDSMTG
C'mon people! What R U guys thinking? This is another American POS! Last year at the auto show the GM guys were trying to show off the V-cars. The rep couldn't even get the hood to close completely, and kept on hopping on it like an idiot in front of about 500 people. The laughter was resounding, and people were running over from other displays just to see what was going on! When he finally did get the hood to close, it sounded like an aluminum bat hitting a baseball.....tink! No way I would ever buy GM, Ford, Chrysler/Jeep! Their lack of attention to QUALITY, detail and workmanship says it all! Friend of mine works at the Ford assembly plant here, and says you wouldn't believe some of the things they do not to stop that line!
C'mon... Tell us how you really feel!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 AM

2005 E55 WAGON, 2007 Z06
Cts-v

I have owned many E55's I am a Multi-Franchise dealer in Ohio. I do not sell Mercedes, but I do sell Cadillac. I can't wait for this car.
I have had 4 E55's as my personal demos., great cars. The quality of the interior of the new CTS is better than the current Mercedes. Cadillac uses Draxlimer to do the dash I think you guys know who they are, if you don't they supply Mercedes the dash for the Maybach. The quality of the Old CTS vs the Mercedes was not even close. GM did not mess around with this car, don't make a mistake and not check this car out.

The Chrysler influnce in Mercedes will take years to get out, they showed them how to build them and make more money but quality took a huge hit.

The only problem with the car will be how many I can get.
Plus the domestic dealers tend to not want over MSRP on there cars, the one exception was the Z06 when it first came out, now you can get a discount.

Unfortunately this will be the peak of the HP wars, Gm has changed all there future plans because of the new CAFE standards. You will be hard pressed in 6 yrs. to find a High Horspower V8 in any domestic.

David

PS: To the guy who said he would never buy a Chrysler/ that is what you currently own if you knew what you were talking about. Mercedes /Chrysler was the company that built your E55, if you think there is not parts sharing you truly have you head in the sand.

Last edited by Ohio E55; 01-09-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:55 AM

'08 S65, '04 Range Rover(The House), '06 Lexus GS 300(Wifey's), '02 Sea Ray 360 Sundancer
Originally Posted by J 2OOI
C'mon... Tell us how you really feel!
DUDE!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ohio E55
I have owned many E55's I am a Multi-Franchise dealer in Ohio. I do not sell Mercedes, but I do sell Cadillac. I can't wait for this car.
I have had 4 E55's as my personal demos., great cars. The quality of the interior of the new CTS is better than the current Mercedes. Cadillac uses Draxlimer to do the dash I think you guys know who they are, if you don't they supply Mercedes the dash for the Maybach. The quality of the Old CTS vs the Mercedes was not even close. GM did not mess around with this car, don't make a mistake and not check this car out.

The Chrysler influnce in Mercedes will take years to get out, they showed them how to build them and make more money but quality took a huge hit.

Plus the domestic dealers tend to not want over MSRP on there cars, the one exception was the Z06 when it first came out, now you can get a discount.

Unfortunately this will be the peak of the HP wars, Gm has changed all there future plans because of the new CAFE standards. You will be hard pressed in 6 yrs. to find a High Horspower V8 in any domestic.

David

PS: To the guy who said he would never buy a Chrysler/ that is what you currently own if you knew what you were talking about. Mercedes /Chrysler was the company that built your E55, if you think there is not parts sharing you truly have you head in the sand.

No Sir! My car was BUILT by AMG! Maybe you have the amg kit, but my engine was ASSEMBLED by Andreas Bufe. So exactly what parts do you believe are shared between him and Marshall Mathers working on a 300 in the Detroit Chrysler plant? Hey Buddy, one word for ya.......Alante! Remember that POS? Wasn't that supposed to be GM's savor in the 90's? Didn't it drop like 50% in value once driven off the lot? Head in sand = owning multiple GM STEALERSHIPS!

Last edited by ENDSMTG; 01-09-2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: added content
Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Ohio E55

David

you have some good points, but check this out. We know that the build quality of the new cts-v is ten times better than the old one. I drove the old one on a test track and it was a piece of sh*t. with this caddy the power to weight ratio is just right and with a few mods you can get mad power. I am very impressed with the way this new caddy looks, but caddy made one BIG mistake. they are bringing the caddy out way to early. the magic number for 08-09 is 650. also, the caddy will not handle was well as the bmw so is will get spanked on the track. MERC is rumored to have a TT V8 with 650HP and over 700ft-lbs of torque, which in english means game OVER in the 1/4 mile. also the new amgs will have way better handling than previous gens due to the break throughs on the black series. Look for BMW to also start using turbos, but their focus is on handling. this caddy will have it's time in the spot light, but against the cars of yesturday. Lastly cts-v resale value will be nothing like the rest of the caddy products out there. so, if you buy this car you better really like it because you will not be able to get out of it without pulling your pants down to your ankles and sitting on a louieville.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB, BMW
Originally Posted by kipper215
you have some good points, but check this out. We know that the build quality of the new cts-v is ten times better than the old one. I drove the old one on a test track and it was a piece of sh*t. with this caddy the power to weight ratio is just right and with a few mods you can get mad power. I am very impressed with the way this new caddy looks, but caddy made one BIG mistake. they are bringing the caddy out way to early. the magic number for 08-09 is 650. also, the caddy will not handle was well as the bmw so is will get spanked on the track. MERC is rumored to have a TT V8 with 650HP and over 700ft-lbs of torque, which in english means game OVER in the 1/4 mile. also the new amgs will have way better handling than previous gens due to the break throughs on the black series. Look for BMW to also start using turbos, but their focus is on handling. this caddy will have it's time in the spot light, but against the cars of yesturday. Lastly cts-v resale value will be nothing like the rest of the caddy products out there. so, if you buy this car you better really like it because you will not be able to get out of it without pulling your pants down to your ankles and sitting on a louieville.

To MB badge snobs (not directed to you), it wont mean ***** if CTS-V had 600 or 700 HP, b/c it'll still be a "GM" and they are driving a "Mercedes-Benz". Your points are well-taken, but we're talking a car with confirmed #s from the manufacturer vs. pure speculation. Or show me some proof of 650/700 #s please. Plus, I'd really like to know the reliability & longevity of TT V10 BMW and TT 6.2 MB engines if they ever get produced. Last time I checked, it's MB, not Caddy, which has been ranked near the bottom on every reliability/quality tests. Finally, E63TT will be minimum $115k with typical options. This V will be $59k-65k.

Listen, I'm not a Caddy fanboy nor have I owned any Caddys. I love MB/Bimmers and have owned em all my short life. But let's give credit where it's due, Caddy's have come a long way and this new V seems like a great car. my 2c
Old 01-09-2008, 01:18 PM

Audi S4
Originally Posted by ProV1
To MB badge snobs (not directed to you), it wont mean ***** if CTS-V had 600 or 700 HP, b/c it'll still be a "GM" and they are driving a "Mercedes-Benz". Your points are well-taken, but we're talking a car with confirmed #s from the manufacturer vs. pure speculation. Or show me some proof of 650/700 #s please. Plus, I'd really like to know the reliability & longevity of TT V10 BMW and TT 6.2 MB engines if they ever get produced. Last time I checked, it's MB, not Caddy, which has been ranked near the bottom on every reliability/quality tests. Finally, E63TT will be minimum $115k with typical options. This V will be $59k-65k.

Listen, I'm not a Caddy fanboy nor have I owned any Caddys. I love MB/Bimmers and have owned em all my short life. But let's give credit where it's due, Caddy's have come a long way and this new V seems like a great car. my 2c
2nd!!!!!!!!!! I hate people who bash a car just because of the brand. It gets old. If you're not a true car enthusisat, get off car forums. I love Z06s, MBs, BMWs, Audis, Porsches, RX7s, 03-04 Cobras not because I love a brand but because I love cars, period. I think it's lame when people judge a car before the thing has even come out b/c of what badge it's being branded under. If it comes out and it doesn't perform as expected or it's extremely unreliable, then bash it. If you don't like the looks of car, then you're free to say you don't like its' appearance. Until it's tested, this car on paper looks like the real deal.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Score: 10 for the Caddy brand.

I was getting a bit tired of supercharged cars and really would like to move to a Turbo engine.

But this could sway me to look into the Caddy, if the price is right.

I would love a BMW V8TT as much as a 6.2L supercharged engine and the package the V represents.

I don't have the budget for $70k car right now.. but a pre owned would a steal!

tough choice. In 2009 you can have pre-owned of the following cars

IS-F
M3 sedan
C63
RS-4
and CTS-V (slight bigger but should be around the same price range)

Last edited by TopGun32; 01-09-2008 at 03:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New upcoming CTS-V to have 550HP/550lbft tq