Sponsored by:

New upcoming CTS-V to have 550HP/550lbft tq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 12:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by adean1979
2nd!!!!!!!!!! I hate people who bash a car just because of the brand. It gets old. If you're not a true car enthusisat, get off car forums. I love Z06s, MBs, BMWs, Audis, Porsches, RX7s, 03-04 Cobras not because I love a brand but because I love cars, period. I think it's lame when people judge a car before the thing has even come out b/c of what badge it's being branded under. If it comes out and it doesn't perform as expected or it's extremely unreliable, then bash it. If you don't like the looks of car, then you're free to say you don't like its' appearance. Until it's tested, this car on paper looks like the real deal.
+1

well said.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yah that's my video Lemon lawed the car and got a CLS55.

Cast? GM usually likes to use hypereutetic which while not forged are a bit better. Remember though this is a luxury car and forged pistons are noisy on startup. But honestly most people who buy that car will not modify it so it won't be a big problem.

I've seen Mercedes and BMWs get lemoned too. That one particular CTS-V was a piece of crap. GM has put a ton of effort into the new CTS and I'd be surprised if they made the same mistakes twice.

Body panel gaps have been shrunk from 3mm to 1.5mm that's pretty damn good. I doubt our cars are any better. The NAV is light years ahead of the crap they put in the E/CLS.

My biggest worry about the car will be depreciation. The 1st gen dropped like a rock. I'm going to give the car its first model year to win me over. If it turns out to be as nice to live with as it is on paper I may get one.

Originally Posted by Ppower
This has gotten funny...The car does look nicer than the previous version of it and interior is nice, but still not me reminds me of my grandfather's kind of car...caddy, buick...

couple things:

1. if it is true that it has cast pistons don't plan on adding much hp, unless you plan on putting in forged ones. There is a reason why the new ZR1 has forged pistons in it. Frankly, I can't believe they are putting out a supercharged car with that much hp and cast pistons, it must run low boost like 5-6psi.

2. Secondly, who knows how big the back wheel openings are the car is going to need 305 or bigger tires to hook good.

3. It's a Caddy = old man's car.

4. Maybe the Chevy dealer from Ohio can answer this, does GM still use shims to get their body panels to line up correctly? LMAO...

5. The motor and trans are tough, but it's all the other junk on the GMs that break and drive you nuts.

Here is a clip of a CTS-V with only 12k miles on it(and he happens to be one of the Streetfire employees)...hmmm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...a500aa04d9.htm

Pp
Old 01-27-2008, 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
An interesting thread; is there no information on the pricing of this new CTS-V?

Who wants to wait for 6 months or longer to buy one of these?

Also, the thought of some scum bag salesman trying to explain why the car commands a "dealer markup" really turns me off.

Finally, rolling out of the Caddy lot won't give one the same feeling as the 63 did.

Just .02 from a MB owner's perspective.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:59 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by sack5000
An interesting thread; is there no information on the pricing of this new CTS-V?

Who wants to wait for 6 months or longer to buy one of these?

Also, the thought of some scum bag salesman trying to explain why the car commands a "dealer markup" really turns me off.

Finally, rolling out of the Caddy lot won't give one the same feeling as the 63 did.

Just .02 from a MB owner's perspective.

keep the MB and get the caddy
Old 01-27-2008, 10:09 PM

CLS55
my friend lemon'ed his cts-v due to rear diff noise. that car was riddled with probs. what looks good on paper isn't always the case.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:47 PM

2005 E55
any stats on this bad boy yet??? quarter mile, skid pad?
Old 01-28-2008, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by tommy25000
keep the MB and get the caddy