Mustang Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by juicee63
have you guys been drinking, lol, man Im LMAO and I do not know why??

What is up bro. Nah, just having a lighter moment with all of the stuff we have going on. The crack is an inside joke on the last time I decided to get involved with a tuner. This time, things are different.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:12 PM
DKM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 G63, 2021 RS6, 2021 Ducati Panigale SP, 2022 Ford F450
I just want to say that I feel Mustang dynos are better then Dynojets because of the fact that the mustangs take into consideration the true weight of the car, where the dynojet figured the weight of the car at 2900lbs.

I would take a lower reading/true reading of a mustang over a dynojet. As far as mustangs not being repeatable numbers, where do you get that? That makes no sense.

just my .02.

DKM

Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
Ok, so now it is on different dyno.

How does it correlate to Dynojet??? 10%, 12% 15% Who knows???

Mustangs are known for non-repeable numbers.

So now if you post any gains with the headers, how does one know what correction factors were used?

Charles, you just wasted your afternoon and my morning trying to get you in on repeatable Dynojet - this is why I am upset. You asked me to look at your dyno and help you with - I can not help you, you used the wrong dyno - this is why I am upset.

P.S. Victor has a new air box on the way for you. I will call you when it is here.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
Originally Posted by DKM
I just want to say that I feel Mustang dynos are better then Dynojets because of the fact that the mustangs take into consideration the true weight of the car, where the dynojet figured the weight of the car at 2900lbs.

I would take a lower reading/true reading of a mustang over a dynojet. As far as mustangs not being repeatable numbers, where do you get that? That makes no sense.

just my .02.

DKM
The thing about the mustang dyno's that I don't like is that it lets the dyno operator change certain values in the software. You can change the drum weight to higher number and low and behold you get higher rwhp numbers and you can also change the dynojet corrected numbers from 10% to 20% which is what they are doing in some cases to make the Mustang numbers look better. By allowing the operator to change these values your results can vary quite a bit.

They both (Mustang and Dynojet) let the operator adjust the elevation which can also skew the numbers. That is why i'm such a big fan of also displaying uncorrected numbers and the correction multiplier. Very high CF numbers should be looked at carefully just my 2 cents.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Vadim,

My apologies for wasting your morning. I thought my time was scheduled for when the shop was finished with its already scheduled appointments. I didnt know that schedules were rearranged. Like I told you shortly after the time was pushed to 2, that time would push me past my obligations I had.

I hope you can understand my urgency at getting a dyno done before the header. I was not aware of the non repeatable numbers. It was my assumption that as long as pre and post dynos were done on the same dyno, things would be OK. I almost positive I told you on the phone that I was going to take it to a mustang dyno.

Thanks for the update on the box. It was whistling pretty good on the dyno.

Anyway, sorry again, there was no ill intention on my part, and I truely appreciate all the effort that you've done for me.
Charles, no problem. I think we had a communication breakdown................. Damn I just sounded like my wife............

I will call you when new box comes in.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:41 PM
DKM

Ok..so with that said, either of them can clearly be changed to suit a certain customer (wants a high HP number) but if the accuracy of a mustang is superior since it takes into consideration the true weight of the car then I would much rather have the true HP number, even if its lower. I'm so sick of hearing "ohhh..mustangs...they read lower then actual". All it means is that most people don't want to hear the truth and would rather have smoke blown up their ***.

Just because you CAN change values doesn't mean they should be changed to suit the customer.

I'll be getting a Mustang MD-600SE within the next 30-45 days for my business. Even if people don't want to hear what their cars make its still what they made.

dkm

Originally Posted by rflow306
The thing about the mustang dyno's that I don't like is that it lets the dyno operator change certain values in the software. You can change the drum weight to higher number and low and behold you get higher rwhp numbers and you can also change the dynojet corrected numbers from 10% to 20% which is what they are doing in some cases to make the Mustang numbers look better. By allowing the operator to change these values your results can vary quite a bit.

They both (Mustang and Dynojet) let the operator adjust the elevation which can also skew the numbers. That is why i'm such a big fan of also displaying uncorrected numbers and the correction multiplier. Very high CF numbers should be looked at carefully just my 2 cents.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
Ok..so with that said, either of them can clearly be changed to suit a certain customer (wants a high HP number) but if the accuracy of a mustang is superior since it takes into consideration the true weight of the car then I would much rather have the true HP number, even if its lower. I'm so sick of hearing "ohhh..mustangs...they read lower then actual". All it means is that most people don't want to hear the truth and would rather have smoke blown up their ***.

Just because you CAN change values doesn't mean they should be changed to suit the customer.

I'll be getting a Mustang MD-600SE within the next 30-45 days for my business. Even if people don't want to hear what their cars make its still what they made.

dkm
First off, let me wish you best of luck for your shop.

Second, you have answered your own questions with regard to Mustang Dyno. One can not compare numbers from one dyno to another since the settings are unknown.

Yes, other shops are likely to make clients happy. Yes, they want to blow smoke. This is the reality of this business.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Vadim, which dyno shop do you use? Or do you have your own dyno at your shop?
And the answer is, Vadim?

When I do my pulley and ECU, I may very well make the drive to Costa Mesa to give VRP a visit. It sounds like you guys are very thorough and are knowledgeable about issues with tuning the ECU after a pulley swap.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
And the answer is, Vadim?

When I do my pulley and ECU, I may very well make the drive to Costa Mesa to give VRP a visit. It sounds like you guys are very thorough and are knowledgeable about issues with tuning the ECU after a pulley swap.
if you're close, it will be well worth it I think. You will eliminate a lot of the frustration I have been through, and still going through
Old 01-23-2008, 04:42 PM
DKM

Vadim,

I can answer my own questions all day long, but you didnt answer my question about Mustang results not being repeatable.

It should be noted my business isn't dyno tuning or performance based. I own a chain of emission stations in Nevada. So for me to blow smoke or use my dyno for anything other then what i do for a living, isn't going to happen. Lastly, thank you for well wishes.

I'd still like to know where you get the info about runs not being repeatable.

dkm

Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP
First off, let me wish you best of luck for your shop.

Second, you have answered your own questions with regard to Mustang Dyno. One can not compare numbers from one dyno to another since the settings are unknown.

Yes, other shops are likely to make clients happy. Yes, they want to blow smoke. This is the reality of this business.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350
I'd still like to know where you get the info about runs not being repeatable.
I was reffering from dyno to dyno. Since neither operator sets them up the same, one is likely to receive different readings from one to another.