W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Kill Stories Allowed on FFR Cobra Forum?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
No Kill Stories Allowed on FFR Cobra Forum?

Hard to believe that a forum for FFR Cobra owners forbids any threads with a mention of ownage or street racing. As an FFR owner, I literally can't drive the car anywhere without somebody wanting to test it.

Before anyone starts flaming, let me say I am not encouraging street racing. But, it's pretty hard to resist a little sprint now and then when the opportunity presents. Expecially if it's some guy that just won't leave it alone in a fart canned ricer or expecially persistent AMG drivers.

I mean, what's the point of owning a Cobra, or AMG, if your not going to drive it hard and share the fun?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Yeah, thats pretty gay. The Terminator was born to kill.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 e55
i actually knows how that feels.. when i see evos, honda, i dont care much about, but when i see a m5 or a cobra/roush, ect... i will try my hardest to test it out
Old 01-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
Instead we have the situation here where a member was arrested after an alleged street racing incident killed an uninvolved driver and posts made here and information on a drag times site were being monitored and most likely will be used against him.

Not allowing kills or street racing posts can sometime save people from themselves when the poop hits the fan and takes the website owner out of the fray if this happens, too.

Documenting your illegal activity on the interweb isn't a smart idea, IMO.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Almost a Member!

E55 AMG
Big brother is always watching....they read these forums just like anyone else. Be careful what put up here....just like Nick Hogan blog is being used him against his 'street racing' accident investigation!

Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
Instead we have the situation here where a member was arrested after an alleged street racing incident killed an uninvolved driver and posts made here and information on a drag times site were being monitored and most likely will be used against him.

Not allowing kills or street racing posts can sometime save people from themselves when the poop hits the fan and takes the website owner out of the fray if this happens, too.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by ramosw15
Big brother is always watching....they read these forums just like anyone else. Be careful what put up here....just like Nick Hogan blog is being used him against his 'street racing' accident investigation!

Very true. That's why I never understood why people post street racing videos showing faces, plates and street signs and then tell us all about how they performed at 125 mph. I tried making this point on another board and was chewed out over it.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.

Good point I had not considered. Do the authorities REALLY have the time and manpower to monitor forums for this kind of thing?

Also agree that showing license plates, faces and mentioning names is really stupid if your going to blatantly break the law and post it on the web. I mean, what were those guys in the Lambo thinking videoing themselves at 219 on a public road?

All my encounters will now take place in Canada or Mexico.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by speedpeddler
Exactly! I make sure every race is out of the country and if somehow it ever does take place within the states, it isn't even me driving the car or it is a car that looks identical to mine.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:40 AM

2005 E55 - 2006 G55 - 1933 3 w coupe - 2007 Wrangler
Originally Posted by speedpeddler
Street racing in Mexico is a great idea!
I could get rid of my MB by insuring it gets impounded and never returned.
Plus, I could get some free accomodations for a year or two, compliments of the local policia or Federales.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i

I will agree with this. No matter how I choose to drive and conduct myself behind the wheel, about the last thing I would want to do is advertise it on the web.

I remember recently selling one of my specialty cars. The owner did his research and was able to figure out me screen name and the car forums that I frequented. He then asked about every squeak, rattle, etc that I ever posted on said board. He was also happy to buy the car as the posts he found from me on other boards led him to believe that I was a "responsible car owner".

So be careful what you post as it can serve you well in the future or ruin your day!

And if people think that MB doesn't monitor these boards to see how people are modding cars, they are deluded. Big brother is watching so the last thing I would ad to my sig is a mod list!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
i'm glad there are no kill stories over there...otherwise you guys would know about the spanking i took the other day!