Title Fight - Kleemann v. HPS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 11:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Title Fight - Kleemann v. HPS

Sunday...Sunday...Sunday

In this corner, a Kleemann E50K w211 and in the other corner a HPS 55K of their choice!

This Sunday at the Irvine Spectrum, we have arranged for Brandon Grantham of Kleemann USA to bring his w211 E50K, complete with a new body kit, steering wheel, interior, brakes, and of course 500+ HP. Attending will also be a C24K, E32K, CLK43K, and possibly other Kleemann cars. This is your chance to see first hand just what Kleemann has to offer!

HPS, if you're willing, come down to the Irvine Spectrum (it's about 15 minutes from your shop), and show off what you have to offer. This would be a great chance to see your new product rival the existing Kleemann.

Many of the Evosport staff will be onhand to answer any tuning questions you may have. The meet will start at 11 am, and is guaranteed to pack more horsepower than any other Mercedes meet ever! If you have any questions, feel free to post, or email me at ben@evosport.com.

See everyone there!

--Ben
Old 11-20-2002, 09:52 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ben

You got the address?? Forgot how to get there.

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2002, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trust me, you CAN'T miss the Irvine Spectrum - it's at the convergence of the 405 and 5 freeways, sandwiched between them. Now, the real problem is WHERE in the Irvine Spectrum since it is a small city now...

This will be only for looking, I am assuming, as there is no place to race these two (if HPS shows up) vehicles, so again, we will be looking at numbers and not seeing actual performance, right?

I'm excited! What time?
Old 11-20-2002, 10:34 AM

CLK55, Mini S
prosthetic?

Mach430:
You must really have an extremely small *****. If you want to talk up your product, great. But who cares about HPS? Your pathetic insecurity shines like a bulging pimple on an adolescent boy.

As someone who has participated in many debates on subjects much more important than superchargers, I think it is important to note that just because you talk the loudest or the most often, does not make you correct. Most reputable aftermarket companies don't troll opinion forums trying to counter every negative comment. Rather, they let their products speak for themselves. If anything, you and your employer and suppliers should silently take to heart the comments posted here and use them to IMPROVE and ADAPT your products and services, not attack the competition. In doing so, you have elevated them to equals who must be taken on. Bad strategy.

From everything I've read from the Timster (the HPS owner), he never said HPS was better or even on par with Kleemann, just that it is an option for people who want an upgrade for less, and realize they will get less. Although, perhaps you could arrange to have the Timster meet you back there closer to the end of the HPS warranty...and then see how the cars are holding up. Or you could get Kleeman to market a less powerful, less expensive unit with a warranty that would suck up the potential HPS market.

Think creatively, not reactively.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:37 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by schvetkaaks
Trust me, you CAN'T miss the Irvine Spectrum - it's at the convergence of the 405 and 5 freeways, sandwiched between them. Now, the real problem is WHERE in the Irvine Spectrum since it is a small city now...

This will be only for looking, I am assuming, as there is no place to race these two (if HPS shows up) vehicles, so again, we will be looking at numbers and not seeing actual performance, right?

I'm excited! What time?
I've been there before just forgot how to get there again. I think it's at 1pm on sunday.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: prosthetic?

Originally posted by hmrdwn
Mach430:
You must really have an extremely small *****. If you want to talk up your product, great. But who cares about HPS? Your pathetic insecurity shines like a bulging pimple on an adolescent boy.

As someone who has participated in many debates on subjects much more important than superchargers, I think it is important to note that just because you talk the loudest or the most often, does not make you correct. Most reputable aftermarket companies don't troll opinion forums trying to counter every negative comment. Rather, they let their products speak for themselves. If anything, you and your employer and suppliers should silently take to heart the comments posted here and use them to IMPROVE and ADAPT your products and services, not attack the competition. In doing so, you have elevated them to equals who must be taken on. Bad strategy.

From everything I've read from the Timster (the HPS owner), he never said HPS was better or even on par with Kleemann, just that it is an option for people who want an upgrade for less, and realize they will get less. Although, perhaps you could arrange to have the Timster meet you back there closer to the end of the HPS warranty...and then see how the cars are holding up. Or you could get Kleeman to market a less powerful, less expensive unit with a warranty that would suck up the potential HPS market.

Wow, you sure know how to take the fun away from this message
Old 11-20-2002, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430

Mach430:

sounded like fun to me, but now youve put me in a bad mood..... yeah i guess two cars racing where one started out with 50 more horsepower than the other doesnt even things up... i guess we can scratch your name off the list of people attending, which is good, means we have to buy less hotdogs...:p i mean hell, im just curious to see if the HPS will make it all the way through race before the engine explodes.....
Old 11-20-2002, 12:09 PM

So you will actually race? Where around there can you race?
Old 11-20-2002, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55

Mach430:
You must really have an extremely small *****...
Please be careful! Since Mach430 is a moderator he has the power to ban folks from the board. I don't know if you care or not. On the W203 board the moderator threatened to ban a guy for calling another guys paint color ugly. The car was lime green. He pointed out that the by-laws or board agreement said something about harassing comments. No free speech here.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:56 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by schvetkaaks
So you will actually race? Where around there can you race?
Parking lot!
Old 11-20-2002, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!

Mach430:

So you are not thinking reactively at all, huh? Yea right! LOL

This was meant to be fun. It was in good fun. I guess you cannot understand that though as you are too busy "reacting."

Come or don't come, your call.

However, you really should take your own advise!

Thanks

Brad
Old 11-20-2002, 03:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: Re: prosthetic?

Originally posted by E55 KEV
Please be careful! Since Mach430 is a moderator he has the power to ban folks from the board. I don't know if you care or not. On the W203 board the moderator threatened to ban a guy for calling another guys paint color ugly. The car was lime green. He pointed out that the by-laws or board agreement said something about harassing comments. No free speech here.
Wow
Old 11-20-2002, 04:29 PM

CLK55, Mini S
Red face

Shout louder Brad, louder please. You are such the voice of reason and creativity...

...Most reputable aftermarket companies don't troll opinion forums trying to counter every negative comment. Rather, they let their products speak for themselves. If anything, you and your employer and suppliers should silently take to heart the comments posted here and use them to IMPROVE and ADAPT your products and services, not attack the competition.

Must be good to think you are a big fish in a small pond.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Shout louder Brad, louder please. You are such the voice of reason and creativity...

...Most reputable aftermarket companies don't troll opinion forums trying to counter every negative comment. Rather, they let their products speak for themselves. If anything, you and your employer and suppliers should silently take to heart the comments posted here and use them to IMPROVE and ADAPT your products and services, not attack the competition.

Must be good to think you are a big fish in a small pond.
Actually, we own this board, thanks though. And I am the owner (CEO actually) not an employee, but I digress.

If you actually ever read the board you would realize that we promote the TRUTH, regardless of what we sell.

It is people like you who have nothing better to do then hurl insults and post negative comments that need to wake up.

I might or might not be a big fish in a small pond, but it is a pond of people unlike you that are actually reasonable, intelligent and kind.

Thanks for your extremely helpful input though. I can really learn a lot and improve and adapt based upon your amazingly wise remarks!

Thanks

Brad
Old 11-21-2002, 12:17 AM

2002 E55K RENNtech HP
Kleeman vs. HPS

This is an interesting discussion. I wish I could attend with my own car to compare. Alas, it won't happen due to distance. But I would like to see pictures, test results, etc. Is this really a parking lot? If so, what kind of performance tests will be done? And instead of all the nasty debate why don't all the owners of AMG's get together and form a club. I for one would be interested in meeting, comparing cars, running road courses, etc.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

You should go to the Events and Gatherings forum, and see who else in your area is interested.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: Kleeman vs. HPS

Originally posted by James F. Cannon
This is an interesting discussion. I wish I could attend with my own car to compare. Alas, it won't happen due to distance. But I would like to see pictures, test results, etc. Is this really a parking lot? If so, what kind of performance tests will be done? And instead of all the nasty debate why don't all the owners of AMG's get together and form a club. I for one would be interested in meeting, comparing cars, running road courses, etc.
Well, if you ever want to come to Baytown and beat my but with your Renntech, you are more than welcome.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:57 AM
Out Of Control!

Re: Re: Kleeman vs. HPS

Originally posted by pocholin
Well, if you ever want to come to Baytown and beat my but with your Renntech, you are more than welcome.
I wouldn't go that far. Remember you still have some unfinished business!
Old 11-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: Re: Re: Kleeman vs. HPS

Originally posted by JamE55
I wouldn't go that far. Remember you still have some unfinished business!
Soon, very soon
Old 11-21-2002, 10:49 AM
Out Of Control!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleeman vs. HPS

Originally posted by pocholin
Soon, very soon
Next week right?!
Old 11-21-2002, 11:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kleeman vs. HPS

Originally posted by JamE55
Next week right?!
Next weekend, yes
Old 11-21-2002, 11:11 AM
Banned

Renntech slk 32
Do you think the Kleenman car will race? Last time I saw a match race shaping up like this, the Kleeman car (it was that red CLK) decided at the last moment it "wasn't ready" to race a decidedly underpowered Renntech SLK32. That was disapointing. At least the SLK went and did a solo run, and lit up the tires for the fans.
I just hope all interested don't make the trip to see a bunch of "yellow" Kleeman cars. I don't think I'll risk it.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

I was never going to go up against a SLK32. My car was to race their SL55K, however we had been experimenting with changing the boost levels on the car, and did not have enough time to put the boost back to .5 bar before the show (Had 4 fenders pulled, body kit and hood installed, and quad-exhaust built in 2 weeks). The last thing I was going to do is race another car while I have an air/fuel ratio of 15.7! Yes, the Kleemann E50K will race, however we have yet to hear back from HPS as to whether they will show.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:03 PM
Banned

Smart Car
Originally posted by Mach430
I was never going to go up against a SLK32. My car was to race their SL55K, however we had been experimenting with changing the boost levels on the car, and did not have enough time to put the boost back to .5 bar before the show (Had 4 fenders pulled, body kit and hood installed, and quad-exhaust built in 2 weeks). The last thing I was going to do is race another car while I have an air/fuel ratio of 15.7! Yes, the Kleemann E50K will race, however we have yet to hear back from HPS as to whether they will show.

Bengy, if you were not ready, why come? why not stay home and finish the job? To come and not to race for the reason you describe IS taking the fun out of the event more so than hrdmw's comments above ever will.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

It was a car SHOW. My car was one of the feature cars in the Neowerkes show. They used it on flyers, posters, and banners. The reason why I came would be the same as why any tuner puts their cars in shows.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Title Fight - Kleemann v. HPS