Sponsored by:

Considering selling my 05 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
Considering selling my 05 Wagon

I know, I know, why sell such a rare and cool car?

Because of my da** driveway.

We moved to Iowa and I have a new set of Blizzaks on MSW wheels. The car is rock solid and can get through anything (reasonable). In the 6 weeks I've been here we've had over 36" of snow.

As long as I can get out of my driveway, I can go just fine.

The problem is my driveway is very steep and slippery. I'm finally admitting that I need a, gasp, SUV.

Ouch.

I could keep the E55 but that would mean I have not one, but two summer cars (I have an 08 C6 convertible).

So, I'm thinking of selling the E55. No dealer is going to get this car, so I thought I'd ask what it was worth here and see if there is any interest.

05 E55 Wagon
Black
Charcoal interior
33K miles
Completely stock

CPO

Nav
Cool seats (can't remember what they're called)
Vented seat options
Keyless Go
Lifetime Sirrius subscription (I'll let it go with the car)
Denison iPod integration
Third seat

Also includes two complete extra sets of wheels and tires

- Original wheels with Contis (about 6K miles on them -- new when I bought it)

- MSW Type 12 (I think) with Blizzaks. Basically the front wheel size all around. About 3K miles

- OEM wheels with BFG drag radials (probably 70% tread -- bought them used).

I never even mounted the drag radials. I planned to, but we moved from Florida to Iowa.

The wheels are in good, but not absolutely perfect shape. There's a touch of rash. You can make up one perfect set and one DR set by moving some tires if you want.

The car itself is in outstanding condition. Clean in and out. Just an amazing car. OK, clean right now isn't entirely accurate as it is winter. But once it is washed.

No pics (too cold and ugly) but I can take some soon. Just feeling out the market.

Any thoughts on price? KBB says $55K for this condition. I think they're usually high, but throwing in two sets of wheels and tires makes up for some of that.

Love to hear suggestions. It is a wagon, after all.

Tom
Old 02-09-2008, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by tscales

We moved to Iowa and I have a new set of Blizzaks on MSW wheels. The car is rock solid and can get through anything (reasonable). In the 6 weeks I've been here we've had over 36" of snow.

The problem is my driveway is very steep and slippery. I'm finally admitting that I need a, gasp, SUV.

Ouch.

I could keep the E55 but that would mean I have not one, but two summer cars (I have an 08 C6 convertible).

So, I'm thinking of selling the E55. No dealer is going to get this car, so I thought I'd ask what it was worth here and see if there is any interest.

05 E55 Wagon
Black
Charcoal interior
33K miles
Completely stock

CPO

Nav
Vented seat options
Keyless Go
Denison iPod integration
Third seat

- MSW Type 12 (I think) with Blizzaks. Basically the front wheel size all around. About 3K miles

I never even mounted the drag radials. I planned to, but we moved from Florida to Iowa.

The wheels are in good, but not absolutely perfect shape. There's a touch of rash. You can make up one perfect set and one DR set by moving some tires if you want.

The car itself is in outstanding condition. Clean in and out. Just an amazing car. OK, clean right now isn't entirely accurate as it is winter. But once it is washed.

No pics (too cold and ugly) but I can take some soon. Just feeling out the market.

Any thoughts on price? KBB says $55K for this condition. I think they're usually high, but throwing in two sets of wheels and tires makes up for some of that.

Tom
The Wagon is so incredible but it is a very bad time to sell.. Perhaps there is a member here with an SUV that is worth similar value, 40-60k and you could just trade em ..

Good luck with the sale, spring is eternal and on the way !!
Old 02-09-2008, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
If you need room for the dog and AWD then try and hold out for the RS6. Failing that, new Cayenne Turbo is great fun rain or shine and the straights and amazingly the twists (with big rims and PDCC).

Of course the RR supercharged is beautiful, fully loaded and plenty fast enough for 2.5tons.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Does it have black Bird's Eye Maple wood, or the brown burl walnut?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
If you need room for the dog and AWD then try and hold out for the RS6. Failing that, new Cayenne Turbo is great fun rain or shine and the straights and amazingly the twists (with big rims and PDCC).

Of course the RR supercharged is beautiful, fully loaded and plenty fast enough for 2.5tons.
None of them would work. I need truck height. Trust me, I now know.

I did sit in an RR supercharged today and was underwhelmed. Nice but couldn't see the money, particularly with no dealer within 100 miles. Also didn't have a 3rd seat. Need 7 seats.

Bought an 07 Explorer that I like at a price where I may keep the E55. Certainly will through the spring.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:14 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S

Ouch.

05 E55 Wagon
Black
Charcoal interior
33K miles
Completely stock

CPO

Nav
Vented seat options
Keyless Go
Denison iPod integration
Third seat

Tom
Consider doing what I did, picked up a used loaded Landcruiser that's my winter beater now.......wagon only comes out on clear/dry pavement days now.......snow will melt in a month and you'll be back in business :-)
Old 02-10-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by red60R
Consider doing what I did, picked up a used loaded Landcruiser that's my winter beater now.......wagon only comes out on clear/dry pavement days now.......snow will melt in a month and you'll be back in business :-)
Well, that's what I did. Found an absolutely loaded 07 Explorer that I really like. Bought it yesterday. But now I have not one but two summer cars (E55 and C6). When it's nice, I'll mostly drive the C6. When it is crappy, I'll mostly drive the Explorer.

That leaves the E55, sad to say, in the garage a lot!

No worries for now. Wouldn't be the time to sell anyway. I'll wait until it warms up to figure out a plan.

Heck, one problem is garage space. I now have four cars and soon will have five when daughter two gets a car. Three car garage.

I also want another fun toy -- probably a mid-80's Lotus Esprit.

I guess it is a problem everyone should have.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 Black / Black Every available option except Sat radio
Well, that's what I did. Found an absolutely loaded 07 Explorer that I really like. Bought it yesterday. But now I have not one but two summer cars (E55 and C6). When it's nice, I'll mostly drive the C6. When it is crappy, I'll mostly drive the Explorer.

That leaves the E55, sad to say, in the garage a lot!

No worries for now. Wouldn't be the time to sell anyway. I'll wait until it warms up to figure out a plan.

Heck, one problem is garage space. I now have four cars and soon will have five when daughter two gets a car. Three car garage.

I also want another fun toy -- probably a mid-80's Lotus Esprit.

I guess it is a problem everyone should have.
I recently had a similiar problem, I had a 2007 BMW X5, 2007 BMW 750li, 2007 M6 Convertible and a 2007 Escalade w/ a 3 car garage.

I ended up getting rid of all those cars and then ended up getting a new Escalade back (wife's) and decided that the E55 could handle my sport side & practical sedan side all in one swoop.

The High end commercial and personal real estate market here has been great forever. The buys I have found lately here have been incredible and people are making great money with me. I found a few nickels in there for myself as well, good problems to have.

Last edited by skooby; 02-10-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:24 AM

I just haven't figured out how to make the E55 satisfy my desire for a convertible (C6). Somehow the chain saw doesn't seem like the right solution.