Sponsored by:

VRP cams

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Correction is just adjustment for Atmospheric conditions. Just a way to try to keep everything even. If you dyno on a super hot humid day or a cold dry day, the correction should keep things the same......heh, in theory.

Always good to see a correction actually decrease hp. Can't go wrong with that eh?

Up here, the correction factor is wild as you can imagine.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
All of the tunes VRP uses is done by Powerchips but ONLY for VRP.. No other tuner or Powerchip reseller has access to the files that we use for our packages/clients.

Right now the only way to get access to our files is to have your ECU or CAR sent to our location and have it flashed there.

My goal is to equip all VRP locations with hardware to be able to do OBDII flashes locally.. but bench programming still has to be done at the Costa Mesa shop.

Originally Posted by joshd
The question I have on this is the actual logistics of flashing the tune to the car. Is powerchips licensing their software so that local tuners could actually do this (flash a tune file to my car as e-mailed to them by PC/Vadim)?
Each dyno does CORRECTIONS for ambient temp, humidity, elevation, etc. Every dyno is differnent on what correction factors it uses.. It's also important to know when you get dyno numbers from your shop if the numbers were CORRECTED or UNCORRECTED.. there is a big difference in the 2.

Alot of people like the UNCORRECTED numbers but I usually stick to corrected.

If your previous dyno was 485rwhp @ Adam's shop and that was UNCORRECTED then the number is even LOWER in corrected form.. that means the gap is even bigger than we thought to our new tune.

Please find out if your last dyno was UNCORRECTED or not.. it makes a big difference.

Originally Posted by ROCKETW19
What does all this corrected and un-corrected mean in dummy terms? I think all my dynos before were uncorrected?

Neveo if I understand all this stuff the cams put down 25-30hp. only way I will realy know is at the track and or having Adam dyno it after on the normal dyno I use to see the difference.

If this is all true There is no way any of you guys should not send your car to Vadim for a tune. Yes its pricey but compare it to the other mods you have and price you paid. its all over priced but in line with what benzs cost. Even shipping from east coast is worth it.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 e55 wagon
So that makes Jangy's idea above infeasible for now since you'd have to ship the ECU back and forth for every revision

Have you found anyone yet on the East Coast to become a VRP distributor? I was thinking of talking to the guys at Funktion Auto about it ...

Originally Posted by vrus
All of the tunes VRP uses is done by Powerchips but ONLY for VRP.. No other tuner or Powerchip reseller has access to the files that we use for our packages/clients.

Right now the only way to get access to our files is to have your ECU or CAR sent to our location and have it flashed there.

My goal is to equip all VRP locations with hardware to be able to do OBDII flashes locally.. but bench programming still has to be done at the Costa Mesa shop.

Last edited by joshd; 02-14-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Yup.. Unfortunately that is correct.. We've spent a tonne of money on R&D, dyno time, programming time and people time (Jeremy, Vadim) and everyone else involved in making these tunes.. The last thing I want is to give them away to other dealers.. So, because of this, the files are exclusive to VRP only.

If Funktion is interested, I am happy to have some representation in that area. I'd like to get someone to cover NY/NJ and WA/VA area.

I have a new Detroit location that is coming online shortly and I am trying to lock in a Florida location.. Once those centers are in place, we'll have complete USA coverage.

Originally Posted by joshd
So that makes Jangy's idea above infeasible for now since you'd have to ship the ECU back and forth for every revision

Have you found anyone yet on the East Coast to become a VRP distributor? I was thinking of talking to the guys at Funktion Auto about it ...
Old 02-14-2008, 02:51 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
If this is all true There is no way any of you guys should not send your car to Vadim for a tune. Yes its pricey but compare it to the other mods you have and price you paid. its all over priced but in line with what benzs cost. Even shipping from east coast is worth it.
?????????? I would hardly think that for New Englanders, a 6,000 mile round trip to Costa Mesa to do a custom tune is worth it?? I don't think so... At a buck a mile, it won't come close. I'm not crazy about a mail order flash but if it can be done at 85-95 percent of a custom tune, the extra 3-5 hp is not worth 5-6 grande....

Just wished I lived on the west coast or VRP can get a tuner on the east coast. Funktion is a Kleeman dealer, not sure if they would hook up with VRP.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
?????????? I would hardly think that for New Englanders, a 6,000 mile round trip to Costa Mesa to do a custom tune is worth it?? I don't think so... At a buck a mile, it won't come close. I'm not crazy about a mail order flash but if it can be done at 85-95 percent of a custom tune, the extra 3-5 hp is not worth 5-6 grande....

Just wished I lived on the west coast or VRP can get a tuner on the east coast. Funktion is a Kleeman dealer, not sure if they would hook up with VRP.
Ya I agree 6K is a bit much! I had no idea it was that much.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:30 PM

06 e55 wagon
Yeah I want you guys to be able to recoup and benefit from your R&D, I'm just looking for a more practical way to get the tune on my car.

I'll talk to the Funktion folks. Yes they are a Kleeman dealer, but they also now do Renntech (they proudly announced this to me on my last visit ), so they don't seem to have an issue offering multiple choices in products ...

Yup.. Unfortunately that is correct.. We've spent a tonne of money on R&D, dyno time, programming time and people time (Jeremy, Vadim) and everyone else involved in making these tunes.. The last thing I want is to give them away to other dealers.. So, because of this, the files are exclusive to VRP only.

If Funktion is interested, I am happy to have some representation in that area. I'd like to get someone to cover NY/NJ and WA/VA area.

I have a new Detroit location that is coming online shortly and I am trying to lock in a Florida location.. Once those centers are in place, we'll have complete USA coverage.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
joshd- I'm also local and interested in a custom tune if you can get Vadim to fly out

Why wasnt there a before dyno done on the same dyno the after dynos are being done? You cant really compare the numbers
Old 02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by jangy

Let me say this once and for all. ALL VRP tunes sold out of or worked on by Vadim and PC are CUSTOM. They take the best tune for a particular setup (and I do mean best) and then tweak it for each client based on dyno AND datalogger data. Yes, it is more labor intensive, but it is TIGHT!!
Yep and that is the way to do it!!!!!

Active Autowerke in Miami does the same exact thing. Ask PTE and RFlow!!!!

Keep up the good work VRP!!!!!!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 02-14-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Why wasnt there a before dyno done on the same dyno the after dynos are being done? You cant really compare the numbers
not sure if your askin me this question? if so there was a pre dyno done and it came back the same as Adams 485rwhp. execpt I think Adam dosnt correct his numbers. I will tell you this when I get the car back Im takin to Adam to dyno again on the dyno I have used for all my runs to see the gains. Cuzz to tell you the truth I still dont get the corrected or un corrected stuff.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 Porsche Turbo PDK, 500e, GL450
corrected

Rocket I haven't seen any dyno's done by EE that weren't SAE corrected.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
As usual, Vadim is takin care of business!!!

So that white 55er with the Time Attack theme was YOUR car...icic....sick ride!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:28 AM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
Yep and that is the way to do it!!!!!

Active Autowerke in Miami does the same exact thing. Ask PTE and RFlow!!!!

Keep up the good work VRP!!!!!!
How does Autowerke in Miami do the custom tune with the MB hardware and software. Do they use Kleeman or Renntech software. I know Albert has been using Victors tune in the past.........

That would cut my trip in half to 3,200 round trip.........
Old 02-15-2008, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi

So that white 55er with the Time Attack theme was YOUR car...icic....sick ride!!!
Thanks bro!
Old 02-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi

yeah bro, thats the one we took to 190 mph on Jamboree right!!!

Just kidding Rocket, we loved your car when it pulled into Brabus last Saturday. Its the first time I have seen TA's on a white E55- looking good and the engine aint half bad
Old 02-15-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Vic55
yeah bro, thats the one we took to 190 mph on Jamboree right!!!

Just kidding Rocket, we loved your car when it pulled into Brabus last Saturday. Its the first time I have seen TA's on a white E55- looking good and the engine aint half bad
190mph thats it? lol

since you like my car I will sacrfice it and swap you straight up for your P-car.

seriously thanks, I wondered what people thought. I posted up pictures that no one liked but I will say the pictures didnt do it justice.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
190mph thats it? lol

since you like my car I will sacrfice it and swap you straight up for your P-car.

seriously thanks, I wondered what people thought. I posted up pictures that no one liked but I will say the pictures didnt do it justice.

TA's on a sedan are very like/hate IMO... its definitely a different look- one which I was good with but a few were not. I shot them.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Where did you posted it? I would love to take a look how TA looks like on a 55.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
What the additional cost to re-tune after additional mods at a later time??
Old 02-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Banned

S600TT, R350

Here is where we are so far on Rockets 55.

I posted two graphs. Upper one is uncorrected or what is commonly called actual, the bottom one is SAE corrected. We are basicaly at 50 ft. above sea level and air today was 60F, with 5% humidity so correction is fairly high. Most if the time uncorrected is within 1% of SAE.

The blue run is what the car was when it came to us. The red run is after most of the tuning. I still need to tweak the curves, before I am totally happy with A/F. This is why I have not posted any A/F graphs, once I am done, which should be bext week, than I will post them.

A lot of gains came from fixing timing and trimming fuel curves, also there are secondary maps that are triggered once you reach over 520 RWHP. There are over 70 timing and fueling maps. Some are interconnected and some follow the others. Jeremy from Powerchip has spend a lot of hours utilizing his knowledge along with databases from Australian and Eurpoean Powerchip offices.

We have also worked on smoothing out 1000-2000 rpm range that is usually rough with big cams. Car now drives like butter at part-throttle.

Green graph is the same tune, but with stock 18'' wheels (thank you John!). We wanted to keep all of the variables down to a minimum. As you gents can see those 20'' wheels are expensive in price and in power departments. But they do look good. Rockets 55 gets a lot of looks, which in Newport Beach is hard to come by.

I will finish tuning next week and will post final graphs.

Thank you for listening.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Excellent, Good job Vadim!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I loved the car and knew it had to be yours right away. The wheels look HOT, but as VIC said I like that look. Others that don't, just don't. You've never been one to have what others have anyways.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by jangy
You've never been one to have what others have anyways.
very true and thanks bro.

Thankyou to Vadim!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP

Here is where we are so far on Rockets 55.

Green graph is the same tune, but with stock 18'' wheels (thank you John!). We wanted to keep all of the variables down to a minimum. As you gents can see those 20'' wheels are expensive in price and in power departments. ....
so, this means shorter gears = + HP ?

thanks and compliments for the good work
Old 02-16-2008, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 e55
i'll be making the trip down next weekend.... to cam or not to cam , that is the question.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VRP cams