Header Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cls 55 or FIAT Coupe T20v-6speed
Originally Posted by jangy
What chip tuning that gives 525 at the crank? Sorry for the ignorance, but i have only recently begun to believe that anyone has a clue about MB ECUs.
Jangy,
year 2008 already begun and it's not one month nor one year that chips for this engine exists.
you can find addresses in every tuning mag, or make a gg search and you have tons
but to say most respected, you can have 540 from Mkb ... yes, the one that got 680hp with topmount ic... some years ago.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I definitely don't have any MKB experience. They are getting 540 with just an ECU tune? Holy cow!! I just didn't think tunes did much for the 55 without some hardware. What kind of money do they charge for that and how do they do it? Is it custom? Is there a US rep for them? I had only seen bodyworks before and I'm not big on it.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by jangy
I definitely don't have any MKB experience. They are getting 540 with just an ECU tune? Holy cow!! I just didn't think tunes did much for the 55 without some hardware. What kind of money do they charge for that and how do they do it? Is it custom? Is there a US rep for them? I had only seen bodyworks before and I'm not big on it.
Sorry guys I forgot to tell you I had Eisenmann Race Muffler as well at that time but I doubt then they make any power...stock ECU !!!

Mkb dont get 540 HP with just an ECU...They also modify something with TB...which is worths 10-15HP...540 is general number probably the hgihest they've got from one car with 100 octaine fuel...

If you got to Powerchip side they also promise around 525 HP with just a chip but 93 octaine fuel I think...

I've spoked with my Kleeamann tech from Denmark who work for Kleemann Russia now and they say everycar varies...If we say K4 and 640 HP...that means it the best result we got for one car (probably with hihg octain fuel like 100) but ussually K4 they are all around 620 HP mark...

I dont know how much my car made stock but I was happy to see 535 HP with just Headers and my car definately pulled away from stock E55 and M5...

Then I did ECU and an installed ASP pulley, removed my primaries and put K&Ns...and next dyno showed 620.9 HP...

I am looking forward to my next dyno with all other mods this spring...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:35 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
Sorry guys I forgot to tell you I had Eisenmann Race Muffler as well at that time but I doubt then they make any power...stock ECU !!!

Mkb dont get 540 HP with just an ECU...They also modify something with TB...which is worths 10-15HP...540 is general number probably the hgihest they've got from one car with 100 octaine fuel...

If you got to Powerchip side they also promise around 525 HP with just a chip but 93 octaine fuel I think...

I've spoked with my Kleeamann tech from Denmark who work for Kleemann Russia now and they say everycar varies...If we say K4 and 640 HP...that means it the best result we got for one car (probably with hihg octain fuel like 100) but ussually K4 they are all around 620 HP mark...

I dont know how much my car made stock but I was happy to see 535 HP with just Headers and my car definately pulled away from stock E55 and M5...

Then I did ECU and an installed ASP pulley, removed my primaries and put K&Ns...and next dyno showed 620.9 HP...

I am looking forward to my next dyno with all other mods this spring...
didnt you have kleemann style headers
(which are mid/short type)
Old 02-17-2008, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
I had shorties which I modify to become Kleemann style...jsur cut flages and add by pass pipe in same diameter welding to the rest of the system...

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 02-17-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nope any tb mod is included .. that would be next ...

this is their statement
Increase in performance to
397 kW (540 HP) at 5800 rpm
735 Nm at 4190 rpm
Modification:
adaptation of ECU, V-max delimiter, MKB optimized air intake duct
Old 02-17-2008, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by dyno
nope any tb mod is included .. that would be next ...

this is their statement
Increase in performance to
397 kW (540 HP) at 5800 rpm
735 Nm at 4190 rpm
Modification:
adaptation of ECU, V-max delimiter, MKB optimized air intake duct
Optimate air intake duct ...is what I was talking about...before they used to call it something like optimized TB air intake or modified one...basically more AIR gets into TB and this worth like 10 HP-15 or so as they say...
Old 02-17-2008, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Optimate air intake duct ...is what I was talking about...before they used to call it something like optimized TB air intake or modified one...basically more AIR gets into TB and this worth like 10 HP-15 or so as they say...

believe me. you understand if you look at german version: throttle is DROSSELKLAPPE ..and it is included only in this next ..

Increase in performance to 6/12
456 kW (620 HP) at 5800 rpm, 800 Nm at 4190 rpm
modification:
high performance camshafts, exhaust headers s/s,
special compressor clutch, bigger throttle with optimized air intake tube,..

letting aside MKB, .. my honest opinion is that VRP - VICTOR is GREAT and to some extent is GREATER because he gives us something that others do not give. it is SHARING IDEAS and work in progress with us.
not minor, he keeps reasonable prices.
... it's a pity that he decided to professionally enter the scene only recently.
shouldn't exist any Victor, this would not be a so interesting forum as it indeed is. yes, thanks to contributions of many others I think this is the BEST MERCEDES FORUM

GRANDE, VICTOR !!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Thank you for the kind words...

I've started a certain way when I was going through the various R&D on my E55, and even though now it has become a commercial business, I will not change my attitude... It is all about sharing and knowledge exchange.. I also value the many people on here who contribute valuable information.

It is so great to have input from many people when you are trying to create something.. It helps to guide you in the correct path.

It doesn't matter how big or small we get, we will always maintain this attitude and we are grateful for all the support we get from everyone!

believe me. you understand if you look at german version: throttle is DROSSELKLAPPE ..and it is included only in this next ..

Increase in performance to 6/12
456 kW (620 HP) at 5800 rpm, 800 Nm at 4190 rpm
modification:
high performance camshafts, exhaust headers s/s,
special compressor clutch, bigger throttle with optimized air intake tube,..

letting aside MKB, .. my honest opinion is that VRP - VICTOR is GREAT and to some extent is GREATER because he gives us something that others do not give. it is SHARING IDEAS and work in progress with us.
not minor, he keeps reasonable prices.
... it's a pity that he decided to professionally enter the scene only recently.
shouldn't exist any Victor, this would not be a so interesting forum as it indeed is. yes, thanks to contributions of many others I think this is the BEST MERCEDES FORUM

GRANDE, VICTOR !!
Old 02-18-2008, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K

GRANDE, VICTOR !!
I look at it around 2 year ago and was going to get it this mod from MKB while my car was in Germany and discussed this mod with them, they told ME what this mod IS, so no need to tell ME what is it...
Old 02-18-2008, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I look at it around 2 year ago and was going to get it this mod from MKB while my car was in Germany and discussed this mod with them, they told ME what this mod IS, so no need to tell ME what is it...
Please!
stay with your ideas
Old 02-18-2008, 04:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 E55, 12 GL 450(wife)
Do the headers really have much of a chance with the primary cats still on the car?