QUALIFE LSD...Your RESULTS !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
QUALIFE LSD...Your RESULTS !!!

I am still not sure if I need Qualife LSD or not...many people say its doesnt help to llauch better only help to hook up better out of the corners

Does it help th launch the car better off the line on regular road ???

Does the car hooks up better/faster ???

I wonder if it will help ME to launch better off the line on regular roads and rolling starts in 1st gear...cause now car would spin and go a bit side ways...I know with LSD it wont go sideways but would it still spin ???

Those of you who have Qualife LSDs...please give ME you opinions and reviews...It tough decision for ME...if it doesnt really help to hook up faster and accelerate better off the line, then I dont need it
Old 03-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
06 E55 Black
Originally Posted by E55 RUSS
I am still not sure if I need Qualife LSD or not...many people say its doesnt help to llauch better only help to hook up better out of the corners

Does it help th launch the car better off the line on regular road ???

Does the car hooks up better/faster ???

I wonder if it will help ME to launch better off the line on regular roads and rolling starts in 1st gear...cause now car would spin and go a bit side ways...I know with LSD it wont go sideways but would it still spin ???

Those of you who have Qualife LSDs...please give ME you opinions and reviews...It tough decision for ME...if it doesnt really help to hook up faster and accelerate better off the line, then I dont need it
qualife = quaife ?
Old 03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver wagon with Kleeman K1 and LSD
Kleemans LSD is better for drag.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
spend your money elsewhere.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:44 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Originally Posted by chiromikey
spend your money elsewhere.
Mike,

I thought your were an advocate for Q LSD. WIth all the tourque on his rear end shouldn't ya protect it with Q LSD.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by higginsbeach
Mike,

I thought your were an advocate for Q LSD. WIth all the tourque on his rear end shouldn't ya protect it with Q LSD.
i absolutely believe the quaife is the best lsd available. e55 russ is looking for benefits for drag racing and there is none to be had by this upgrade. if someone gets a fluke launch like i did then the quaife could possibly have overcome the situation. but i would never have put the quaife in my car if i hadn't grenaded the oem diff and after doing so i can safely say that there was zero gain in straight line acceleration (which is what he is looking for). so i say wait until you blow up your stock diff (which may never happen) before you spend money there.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by SWED E55-04
Kleemans LSD is better for drag.

..........why do you say this. Not only is it not true, you don't even try to support it. some of us have driven cars with both Kleemann and Quaife LSD's. Quaife is superior by a wide margin. I am always concerned that someone will see comments like yours and think it is true and go and spend a lot of mony for nothing.

Ted
Old 03-08-2008, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
I'm not sure the I can agree with this as the Quaife is a great differential. Among other things, it prevents you from leaving a nice patch of one wheeled rubber tanks to the stock open diff. It also allows you to turn the ESP off and use the throttle to feather the car in corners without fear of an unpredictable open diff. Frankly, the idea of an open diff in any performance car is ridiculous. My AMG cars are the only ones I have ever owned that don't have LSD's, even my Chevy pickup has an LSD from the factory.

Bottom line...open diffs offer unpredictable performance based on traction conditions. Limited slip and ATB diffs offer repeatable and predictable performance.

These may not take any time off your drag times but I don't do that with my car so I can't tell you. But for driving it and doing so with the ESP off, it enhances the experience dramatically. Some will argue to leave the ESP on but if you can mange a powerful car, it is far more fun to do so without drivers aides. The only exception to that rule would be a modern race bred traction control system (straight line only) and high threshold ABS system. The MB ESP system is so sensitive that it ruins the experience for me.

BTW, Another nice thing about the Quaife ATB diff s it is devoid of chatter like many very aggressive LSDs so you can't tell it is there until you use it.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:32 PM

540 6spd
What bout changing the diff from a 2.65 open to a 2.81 locking

That would improve acceleration...
Old 03-09-2008, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55K
Thanks guys...

I will use Mikes advice...and leave it for now...
Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Formula Mazda, Beast Junior...400HP 135i
Originally Posted by MidniteBluBenz
What bout changing the diff from a 2.65 open to a 2.81 locking

That would improve acceleration...
Yes it would but it would take someone skilled enough to recalibrate some of the software parameters.

What ultimately stopped me from screwing with a gear change is that I like the E55 gear ratios on the highway but I guess a 5% change wouldn't take that much away.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:26 PM

2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Originally Posted by chiromikey
i absolutely believe the quaife is the best lsd available. e55 russ is looking for benefits for drag racing and there is none to be had by this upgrade. if someone gets a fluke launch like i did then the quaife could possibly have overcome the situation. but i would never have put the quaife in my car if i hadn't grenaded the oem diff and after doing so i can safely say that there was zero gain in straight line acceleration (which is what he is looking for). so i say wait until you blow up your stock diff (which may never happen) before you spend money there.
So Mike,

You do or do not have the Q LSD on your current E55?

I appreciate your comments regarding the Q LSD. So if i waste my rear end off a hard launch, than I could just go out and replace with the Q LSD as planned. Ok I buy that.....
Old 03-09-2008, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by higginsbeach
So Mike,

You do or do not have the Q LSD on your current E55?

I appreciate your comments regarding the Q LSD. So if i waste my rear end off a hard launch, than I could just go out and replace with the Q LSD as planned. Ok I buy that.....
i do have the quaife right now.