Sponsored by:

Police raid so-cal car gtg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
That's why I HATE cops and government...PERIOD! Sorry if any of you are cops, maybe you should think about getting a different (real) job. "To Serve And Protect" my aching a_s! It should state "Rape And Pillage". Cops are nothing but clerks that collect revenue for the citys, counties and states that mis-manage their budgets. Most of them are fat and overweight and could not protect a sixth grade girl so they go out and pick on enthusiasts sitting a parking lot, nothing like an easy target. Forget going out and looking for murderers, rapists and child molesters...that's too much work! The truth of the matter is that there are so many laws in place that can and do generate revenue that even if you drove the posted speed limit is a bone stock Toyota Prius, they could still find a way to fine you for something. The one time in my life that I needed the cops, they were no where to be found...probably out writing tickets for tinted windows or something.

COPS ARE PR1CKS!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by I Like Soup
Sorry CWW, I respectfully disagree. They have to catch you in the act of doing something illegal, not make assumptions about your future actions. Of course, if you are referring to the officers at the scene, my argument would remain the same, methinks. I do agree that it wouldn't go anywhere in this situation. All these guys should ban together and go for some litigious activity against the arresting entities.
I get that you don't like it, but that's the way it works...

That's what the entire portion of law dealing with "attempt" crimes is, man...convicting people for things they HAVENT DONE YET...

Think about it, if the cops catch someone outside, let's say, a bank...with a mask, gun, and a canvas money sack in his possession, you don't seriously think he isn't guna get convicted for attempted robbery, just because the cops managed to bust him before he committed the crime, right?

All you need to prove is that the defendant committed an overt and intentional act in furtherance of the felony to convict, you don't have to prove he actually committed the felony...

Cops ****** suck, and the law is very much geared towards believing what they say, even though we all know they lie like a fake persian rug. That's why it's extra-important that everyone knows their rights.

Last edited by CWW; 04-02-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CWW

That's what the entire portion of law dealing with "attempt" crimes is, man...convicting people for things they HAVENT DONE YET...

Think about it, if the cops catch someone outside, let's say, a bank...with a mask, gun, and a canvas money sack in his possession, you don't seriously think he isn't guna get convicted for attempted robbery, just because the cops managed to bust him before he committed the crime, right?

All you need to prove is that the defendant committed an overt and intentional act in furtherance of the felony to convict, you don't have to prove he actually committed the felony...

Cops ****** suck, and the law is very much geared towards believing what they say, even though we all know they lie like a fake persian rug. That's why it's extra-important that everyone knows their rights.
I think that is a little bit different than a guy sitting in a modified car and calling it "attempted drag racing" So should a guy in a bone stock GT2 get the same ticket? I mean a stock GT2 can beat 90% of the modified jap imports tooling around our streets. Why not just mandate that we all drive Toyota Corollas and call it quits? This is a blatent violation of Rights and Freedoms. I can't believe they are letting the cops and city get a way with this crap. I'm half tempted to hire a lawyer for those kids!

This pisses me off! I'm going to go out and blow off some steam in my car...anybody want to race? LOL!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Talking

Originally Posted by jrcart
I think that is a little bit different than a guy sitting in a modified car and calling it "attempted drag racing" So should a guy in a bone stock GT2 get the same ticket? I mean a stock GT2 can beat 90% of the modified jap imports tooling around our streets. Why not just mandate that we all drive Toyota Corollas and call it quits? This is a blatent violation of Rights and Freedoms. I can't believe they are letting the cops and city get a way with this crap. I'm half tempted to hire a lawyer for those kids!

This pisses me off! I'm going to go out and blow off some steam in my car...anybody want to race? LOL!
Jrcart...it hurts me to do this, but I must now call the local authorities on you for considering to street race. Sorry.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jrcart...it hurts me to do this, but I must now call the local authorities on you for considering to street race. Sorry.
I'm not too worried about it, we just had our first homicide in like 3-4 years here in Naperville yesterday (really we did). They are probably so confussed about a REAL crime being commited that they don't know what to do. I could probably rob a bank here today and get away with it. LOL!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:41 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600

Ya, it's a load of BS, I totally agree with you.

I wonder what statute CA passed that deals with street racing? They probably have an attempt portion, and maybe some kind of list of prohibited equipment as well. Gotta be something like that for them to get away with this crap.

I still can't believe that vid. They're actually crushing peoples' cars...
Old 04-02-2008, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CWW

Not to get lost in the weeds, but a person carrying a gun is a sight different than the actual scenario posted. I do understand the point you are driving at (i.e. intent). But, say in the case of attempted murder, most of the time the assailant was in the process of harming the victim.

Even though these cars are capable of street racing, they can also be used only for the track. So the owners could certainly be obeying all posted signs and traffic laws, but also be able to go to the track and be well within their respective legal rights. Last I checked, there is no other legal place to attempt a robbery, murder, etc. There are, however, other legal avenues for people to break traditional traffic laws and still obey these laws while in public.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They must have some doozies in office in that city. They only thing I could see them having on those people would be loitering, and the owner of the property would have to sign a complaint for that if I am not mistaken. Illegal searches of vehicles, come on thats like criminal justice 101, they can't do warrant less searches of vehicles. Even an equipment violation is not probable cause for a search.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:51 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Not to get lost in the weeds, but a person carrying a gun is a sight different than the actual scenario posted. I do understand the point you are driving at (i.e. intent). But, say in the case of attempted murder, most of the time the assailant was in the process of harming the victim.

Even though these cars are capable of street racing, they can also be used only for the track. So the owners could certainly be obeying all posted signs and traffic laws, but also be able to go to the track and be well within their respective legal rights. Last I checked, there is no other legal place to attempt a robbery, murder, etc. There are, however, other legal avenues for people to break traditional traffic laws and still obey these laws while in public.
Well, ya, I mean...personally I totally agree with you.

I think the cops have taken logic that normally applies to things like the attempted bank-robbery example, where you can have a bunch of things in your possession that are legal to have, but because of the circumstances it becomes a crime, and they have now stretched it all out of proportion to apply to whatever situation they want it to...which in this case is modded car, NOX, whatever = street racing...

I was just trying to explain my understanding of the original basis in law for their current abuses.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I believe the correct legal term would be conspiracy to commit murder, if one was planning a murder but never actually tried to do it (like those 3rd graders in the news today). If you were caught in the act, say shooting or stabbing a person, that would be attmepted murder.

So did they get these people on Conspiracy to drag race charges or what? I want to look up the municiple laws for Riverside, see what they really can charge them with.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by CWW
Well, ya, I mean...personally I totally agree with you.

I think the cops have taken logic that normally applies to things like the attempted bank-robbery example, where you can have a bunch of things in your possession that are legal to have, but because of the circumstances it becomes a crime, and they have now stretched it all out of proportion to apply to whatever situation they want it to...which in this case is modded car, NOX, whatever = street racing...

I was just trying to explain my understanding of the original basis in law for their current abuses.
Werd. I appreciate a good discussion as I almost always learn something.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
I believe the correct legal term would be conspiracy to commit murder, if one was planning a murder but never actually tried to do it (like those 3rd graders in the news today). If you were caught in the act, say shooting or stabbing a person, that would be attmepted murder.

So did they get these people on Conspiracy to drag race charges or what? I want to look up the municiple laws for Riverside, see what they really can charge them with.
For felonies, most states have 3 separate charges...conspiracy, attempted, and then the crime itself. If I'm wrong, any other legal peeps please feel free to correct me, but using murder as an example, crimlaw and crimpro taught me that:

Conspiracy to Commit Murder = *ring-ring-ring* "Hey Bob, it's Bill. Wana go whack Charlie?" "Sure, let's do it at noon tomorrow in front of Charlie's house" "Ok, see you there, I'll go a buy a gun". Bob then buys a gun.

Attempted Murder = Bob and Bill drive to Charlie's house and get caught by the cops before they can finalize the crime. Like, when they are walking up the driveway with the gun, or if they shoot Charlie but Charlie doesn't die.

Murder = Charlie dies and Bob and Bill get caught after they finish killing him.

Last edited by CWW; 04-02-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts
2006 E55 Wagon (RIP), 2019 E63S Wagon (Sold) 2023 AMG GT634S
it's great advice, and knowing your "rights" is a good thing - but be prepared to be arrested/ detained / brought down to the station.

Will you get the charges dropped? Yup. Will your car has been towed or impounded? Yup.

You can beat the wrap, but you can't beat the ride.

Cops won't care at that point if what they are doing is against your rights - they will bring you in on SOMETHING - if only to show their authority / impose their will / teach you a lesson.

You have to be willing to go through that - as they won't just say 'oh- ok - you got me' and meekly walk away.

Enjoy your ride in the back of a squad car.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SOLD 04 E55 Now 93 w124 3.2 sold W210 E55 sold waiting on W211 E63 p030
Really sucks to live Cali. Cops here dont really give a rats ***. Something I must coment on. My friend has a 300c SRT8, I mean you could hear this thing coming a mile away. Straight pipes, headers... th works. He tells me he has yet to receive a ticket from PO PO. They are really biased when it comes to imports.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:23 PM
CWW
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL600
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon
it's great advice, and knowing your "rights" is a good thing - but be prepared to be arrested/ detained / brought down to the station.

Will you get the charges dropped? Yup. Will your car has been towed or impounded? Yup.

Cops won't care at that point if what they are doing is against your rights - they will bring you in on SOMETHING - if only to show their authority / impose their will / teach you a lesson.

You have to be willing to go through that - as they won't just say 'oh- ok - you got me' and meekly walk away.

Wouldn't be the first time it's happened to me. It all depends on your position and what you have to lose...

If I know I've had a couple drinks, then I am going to throw a huge fuss over anything they want me to do other than handing over my license and registration, because I need to stop that probable-cause machine before it gets started. And the same goes if someone has anything in their car they might not want the cops to know about...

Once those flashing lights come on, the game is really all about the judge...not about the cops. Cops will do what the cops will do, it's the judge you should be worried about.

All that said, they know when they don't have PC. In my own experience, they won't arrest you just for the hell of it...they know people sue.

Last edited by CWW; 04-02-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Originally Posted by Uber Wagon

you are so right!
No matter what right or wrong the cops will give a ticket or what ever impound your car anything they want. the only way you will get Justice is if you have MONEY. If you have the cash to pay for a lawyer you will beat all that made up charges. the system knows you will not pay for a lawyer and take your lil lumps and be done with it.
It all comes down to MONEY he who has it will get away with more he who dont gets the short end of the stick.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:02 PM

'34 Lagonda, '69 280SL, '07 E63 wagon
"California sent more than one hundred police officers to surround a gathering of automotive enthusiasts."

What would be really effective, is to research the crime reports for the areas covered by nine police departmens on the friday night the raid took place.

I would venture to bet that several serious crimes occured while the 100+ officers were busting some harmless teenagers with rice rockets.

If we could get that info and share it with the press, or with other bloggers, digg..etc.. it would really illustrate how out of whack the prioities of "law enforcement" have become.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by rich644
it would really illustrate how out of whack the prioities of "law enforcement" have become.
Their priority is to make money and this is their best way of doing it.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:08 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
I just have fundamental issues with this kind of crap. There are thousands of criminals, illegal aliens, and dead-beats to harass. Why a crew of car guys having some good clean fun? I repect law enforcement and their contribution they make (and how they often put thier lives on the line for "what?" sometimes) but this is a joke...

T
Old 04-02-2008, 06:09 PM

'34 Lagonda, '69 280SL, '07 E63 wagon
Oh wait , I forgot, chasing bad guys (burglars, rapists, theives, etc..) is actually dangerous and doesn't bring any revenue to the city.

Rice burning teenagers, on the other hand, seldom shoot at cops and have part time jobs,(or parents) that can pay their fines.

Makes sense to me
Old 04-02-2008, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 AMG
http://cbs2.com/local/Riverside.Stre....2.687707.html

In all fairness, a little more neutral account of what happened...
Old 04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Must really suck to be a cop, get looked down on by most of society have to dress like an idiot and only make about $40,000 a year. I would not get out of bed for $40,000 a year. Wait, I just figured it out! that is why cops are such mean *******s. Most of these idiots would not know what to do if they were ever faced with a real crime or situation. They just drive around sip Starbucks and write speeding tickets and bogus equipment violations all day. Half the cops in my town are bigger criminals than the criminals. Want to know where to get the best steroids, the local cops are selling them, I know this for a fact beacuse on of my good friends buys them from a cop. Who has all the best illegal fireworks on the 4th of July...yep, you guessed it, the local cops. I wonder why the departments don't test for steroids???

God, I wish I never read this thread, it really has my blood boiling!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If this kind of thing ever happened at a gathering I was at I would be the cops and city's worst nightmare. I would hire attorneys on top of attorneys on top of attorneys. Then I would hire a team of PI's to dig up so much dirt on every cop and city official involved they would be begging me to stop, then just when they thought it was over I would take it to a federal court and then sue thier a$$es. I am bored and have lots of cash, this would be recreational entertainment for me. Local municipalities can not infringe on our constitutional rights, this seems to be bordering on that in my eyes
Old 04-02-2008, 08:36 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
Originally Posted by rich644
"California sent more than one hundred police officers to surround a gathering of automotive enthusiasts."

What would be really effective, is to research the crime reports for the areas covered by nine police departmens on the friday night the raid took place.

I would venture to bet that several serious crimes occured while the 100+ officers were busting some harmless teenagers with rice rockets.

If we could get that info and share it with the press, or with other bloggers, digg..etc.. it would really illustrate how out of whack the prioities of "law enforcement" have become.
No lie, that really is a a sweet idea. I bet you're right. I can't ******* believe this. If I was one of the kids whose cars got (really) stolen, I would sue. In fact, I would sue if I was any one of them. And If they crushed my car, omg, millions.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 e55
... In america we still have Freedom of assembly to take part in any gatherings that one wishes. It is held to be a key right in liberal democracies, whereby citizens may gather and express their views without government restrictions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Police raid so-cal car gtg