W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VRP 675 vs Kleemann 4+ Heavy Weight Bout Results!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG and 2003 C320 4Matic Miss my 993 Turbo above!!
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Very nice run!!! I agree, who cares what it dyno's, the ultimate dyno is the track! Did you take it to the track before the cams too? I almost bought those
I remember you thinking of buying them that is why I jumped all over those CAMS for the money. Yes, I did run at the track, around 10 runs or so on two different nights before the cams. It defintely made an impact on my time and traps. Thanks for passing up on them
Old 05-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by higginsbeach
I remember you thinking of buying them that is why I jumped all over those CAMS for the money. Yes, I did run at the track, around 10 runs or so on two different nights before the cams. It defintely made an impact on my time and traps. Thanks for passing up on them
Ouch, that hurt! What was you best et/trap pre cams? You have me by .01s and a couple mph but wait til I get back to the track in nice conditions
Old 05-02-2008, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
WOWOWOWOWOWOOWWWWWWWOOOOOOO!!!1

Nice pass!!! Awesome 60ft, and great weather to boot. Man you better slow her down a tik or install a roll bar. LOL!

Ok , good to see that car healthy and spry.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:58 AM

Ouch, that hurt! What was you best et/trap pre cams? You have me by .01s and a couple mph but wait til I get back to the track in nice conditions
You know...If you do get CAMS you will be right there with me. Just ribbin ya about passin on the CAMS. I will keep my eye out on some for ya......
Old 05-02-2008, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

none
To back VRP a bit I have been told the same thing by Cory himself over at kleemann. Maybe 10hp or so. He even said they don't produce any #'s on an N/A block.

The curve might improve alot though, and the performance has obviously been layed out right here in this post. I have to agree that for the dough$ I would have done the same thing.

Hell, I want cams just for the lumpy idle alone

I can't wait to see your beast this year Higgins. My car isn't even registered or inspected yet......
Old 05-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
You know...If you do get CAMS you will be right there with me. Just ribbin ya about passin on the CAMS. I will keep my eye out on some for ya......
Thanks I'm thinking about going VRP cams which is why I passed on the Kleemann but I dunno I havent seen any numbers for a kleemann supercharged car with those cams. Btw- I have done a couple things since my 11.48 pass... like raise the boost
Old 05-02-2008, 01:50 PM

2004 E55
Trac on or off? What RPM do you launch it at?
Old 05-02-2008, 02:03 PM

Thanks I'm thinking about going VRP cams which is why I passed on the Kleemann but I dunno I havent seen any numbers for a kleemann supercharged car with those cams. Btw- I have done a couple things since my 11.48 pass... like raise the boost
Just got a clarification from Cory:

KLEEMANN cams are actually ground from Billet Blanks, they're not re-ground stock cams, NOR are they "off the shelf" schrick cams. It's no secret they're made by Schrick, but I can tell you the profile is of KLEEMANN's design, not Schrick's. 15-17 HP is what I typically see at the crank with our cams- I've seen as much as 22, but 17 seems to be about the average.

What's nice about the K CAMS are they require no ECU tuning and NO CELL ISSUES.

Good luck in your choice. When you going to the track?
Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bisco
Trac on or off? What RPM do you launch it at?
When I did my 1.682 launch with my 11.470 I had:

ESP is Definitely ON

Launch from IDLE. DO NOT POWER LAUNCH. Just have the brake pedal barely on to hold you in the staging area.

The most important thing to do while launching from idle is to FEATHER the gas. DO NOT STOMP!!!!!

You got to go by feel. While you are feathering the gas once you feel you are hooked than get the pedal to the metal. Once you spin or break your tires, YOU ARE DONE.

A very wise person on this board once told me that it should take a second from initiating launch to pedal to the floor. He's right......But remember, you gotta feel the hook. Once you hook, MAT IT.........

Hope that helps............Good luck!!!!

Last edited by higginsbeach; 05-02-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by BTPower
That car is hauling some major 4000lb+ ****. Nice Job!
Thanks......Make that 4,339 LBS!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got a clarification from Cory:

KLEEMANN cams are actually ground from Billet Blanks, they're not re-ground stock cams, NOR are they "off the shelf" schrick cams. It's no secret they're made by Schrick, but I can tell you the profile is of KLEEMANN's design, not Schrick's. 15-17 HP is what I typically see at the crank with our cams- I've seen as much as 22, but 17 seems to be about the average.

What's nice about the K CAMS are they require no ECU tuning and NO CELL ISSUES.
That's what i have is 17gain. As far as the no CEL that's another story for me but wouldn't get into it.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by JamE55
That's what i have is 17gain. As far as the no CEL that's another story for me but wouldn't get into it.
Who and what have you done with your ECU??
Old 05-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who and what have you done with your ECU??
Cory's custom recipe.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by NitrogenBalance
To back VRP a bit I have been told the same thing by Cory himself over at kleemann. Maybe 10hp or so. He even said they don't produce any #'s on an N/A block.

The curve might improve alot though, and the performance has obviously been layed out right here in this post. I have to agree that for the dough$ I would have done the same thing.

Hell, I want cams just for the lumpy idle alone

I can't wait to see your beast this year Higgins. My car isn't even registered or inspected yet......
Get busy man and get out to New England Dragway. They are doing Bracket Racing which I am going to start entering. The guys at the track have been bugging me to do it.

Last edited by higginsbeach; 05-04-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Get busy man and get out to New England Dragway. They are doing Bracket Racing which I am going to start entering. The guys at the track have been bugging me to do it.
That is not consistent enough to win bracket racing. Some cars are dialed in to run within 0.1s of each pass, it's rediculous.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
That is not consistent enough to win bracket racing. Some cars are dialed in to run within 0.1s of each pass, it's rediculous.
+1.

...and r/t as much as consistency wins bracket racing...which is much harder in our cars than the ones we're competing against. i can run within .04 seconds all night long but trying to outguess my ecu during the launch is an entirely different story.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:07 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Great run, Roland!
Sorry I missed it... glad they didn't kick you off the track like they said they would. I'll try to get there soon, a buddy of mine just picked up a clean stock 05' E55 and wants to race me... it should be a lot closer than trying to run with you two maniacs. He says he's keeping his stock for warantee purposes... we'll see after he meets you and Lee. Z
Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by chiromikey
+1.

...and r/t as much as consistency wins bracket racing...which is much harder in our cars than the ones we're competing against. i can run within .04 seconds all night long but trying to outguess my ecu during the launch is an entirely different story.
Jeez.......

Don't shoot the messanger. The guys at the track have watched me run many times. You guys already have me loosing without even running.......

I see one clear advantage I have. I would be "heads up bracket racing" in the 11.5 and slower class. Since there are very few cars that can do 11.5 in that class, that would give me an advantage, since I would get lane choice with quickest ET. Anyone who knows anything about New England Dragway knows there is one lane better and more consistent than the other.

Anyways, I think i will give it a try and post how I do regardless of results. So, at least give me a chance and don't write me off before I start.

Mikey, no comment on my pass???????

Last edited by higginsbeach; 05-05-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Zax63
Great run, Roland!
Sorry I missed it... glad they didn't kick you off the track like they said they would. I'll try to get there soon, a buddy of mine just picked up a clean stock 05' E55 and wants to race me... it should be a lot closer than trying to run with you two maniacs. He says he's keeping his stock for warantee purposes... we'll see after he meets you and Lee. Z
Thanks Zach.........

Wish you were there to see our passes. Not going this week but maybe the following week. Keep in touch.......

Once I get a hold of your friend, I will convince him otherwise.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Jeez.......

Don't shoot the messanger. The guys at the track have watched me run many times. You guys already have me loosing without even running.......

I see one clear advantage I have. I would be "heads up bracket racing" in the 11.5 and slower class. Since there are very few cars that can do 11.5 in that class, that would give me an advantage, since I would get lane choice with quickest ET. Anyone who knows anything about New England Dragway knows there is one lane better and more consistent than the other.

Anyways, I think i will give it a try and post how I do regardless of results. So, at least give me a chance and don't write me off before I start.

Mikey, no comment on my pass???????
lol, sorry. i wasn't implying you, as a driver, would lose...i was just relaying how difficult it is to get these cars to leave the line consistently because of the throttle by wire/ecu system. if you can get your r/t consistently down to .1 or less you will have a chance. also remember that in bracket racing, et doesn't matter as much since the tree is staggered to make it a drivers' race. an 11.5 car with a .4 r/t will lose every time to the 12.5 car with a .1 r/t.

to gain consistency we have to give up a little on our 60' time and et by slightly preloading the throttle and bringing rpms up to around 800-1k. this takes the lag out of launching off idle to reduce r/t but slightly limits power because the ecu doesn't know what to do with simultaneous throttle and brake applications. if you're going to get into bracket racing, that would be my advice.

btw, your run was awesome and your car is a monster!!!

Last edited by chiromikey; 05-05-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by chiromikey
lol, sorry. i wasn't implying you, as a driver, would lose...i was just relaying how difficult it is to get these cars to leave the line consistently because of the throttle by wire/ecu system. if you can get your r/t consistently down to .1 or less you will have a chance. also remember that in bracket racing, et doesn't matter as much since the tree is staggered to make it a drivers' race. an 11.5 car with a .4 r/t will lose every time to the 12.5 car with a .1 r/t.

to gain consistency we have to give up a little on our 60' time and et by slightly preloading the throttle and bringing rpms up to around 800-1k. this takes the lag out of launching off idle to reduce r/t but slightly limits power because the ecu doesn't know what to do with simultaneous throttle and brake applications. if you're going to get into bracket racing, that would be my advice.

btw, your run was awesome and your car is a monster!!!
Oh..................Now I see......That makes sense. I knew that they adjusted the tree for the race based on the spread of the predicted ET's but I didn't know that RT came into play. I thought it was strictly ET. OK, that changes friggin everything. That's why I love this board. Fellow MB's are here to advise and assist. Thanks for the advise. Next time I go to the track, I will have my buddy explain it to me in more detail.

I would have to change my whole launch technique under bracket racing than to compete effectively. That would change my predictions of ET also. I think out of all of my passes, I may have a handful of RT's under .1. I may be in TROUBLE!!!

BTW, thanks for the kudos on my pass.........

That
Old 05-06-2008, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
It is the best time ever!!! do it.. My races guys were hitting .001 r/t and running EXACT times winner ran a 10.451 on a 10.450 LOL!!!! You definately have a shot just do conservative #s and launch soft. I would dial 11.70's and give myself some room to play with the slower cars , if you are ahead let off the gas so you do not run under your dial
Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by juicee63
It is the best time ever!!! do it.. My races guys were hitting .001 r/t and running EXACT times winner ran a 10.451 on a 10.450 LOL!!!! You definately have a shot just do conservative #s and launch soft. I would dial 11.70's and give myself some room to play with the slower cars , if you are ahead let off the gas so you do not run under your dial
Thanks Juicee, that's the encouragement I needed..........End of the month is the next Bracket race. 10 times during the season.

Thanks man.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

///AMG
Old 05-06-2008, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 CLS63 030
Thanks Juicee, that's the encouragement I needed..........End of the month is the next Bracket race. 10 times during the season.

Thanks man.

The races out here if you lose you go home , so it gets really stressful.

You should join NHRA and run the ET events, you will have a blast, all it really takes is being the best you can be in your car. Remember its not the quickest ET that wins it is who has the best R/T and is closest to the time they dial. I would pick outr to the 1000th and pick a number that you can run with yer eyes closed. Remember you ran 11.47 but you scorched the 60 ft time, and also had great weather. This is a science and being comfy in your ride is #1, #2 is understanding the weather and track your running at. do not advertise or freely give out info on your car, one advantage you will have is nobody will expect anything out of the sedan, this is the only style of racing a 150 hp Mini Cooper can beat a 600 hp Mustang, I saw this happen last month, classic!!!! Hey BTW , HELLUVA pass, and welcome to the T O P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VRP 675 vs Kleemann 4+ Heavy Weight Bout Results!!!!