Sponsored by:

*** Carbon Airbox for 63 Cars ***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Just wanted to post an update before these things dissapear...

18 more airboxes cleared customs and are at the warehouse. They will be inspected today and will be ready for packing and shipping on Monday.

If anyone is looking for a kit now is your chance. VRP currently has all the available inventory of these airboxes so they are not available anywhere else.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLS63
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Just curious, what did you do to your intake tubes?
I'm curious too.

Was there ever any evidence of the claimed HP and TQ gains? Also, is the Carbon Fiber only cosmetic or does it serve a purpose such as heat reduction?

Last edited by lexaltezza; 09-28-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
There are over 30 airboxes out there installed on various cars now. Alot of customers are instantly feeling a difference in throttle response and power when they install the airbox.

I will leave it up to the customers to chime in and report their findings.

The airboxes are designed just like the 55 version. They have a heat reflectant material placed inbetween the carbon layers so that it insulates the boxes and helps them from heat soaking.

We have a few airboxes still on the shelves so if anyone needs a kit, they are available for immediate shipping.

Originally Posted by lexaltezza
I'm curious too.

Was there ever any evidence of the claimed HP and TQ gains? Also, is the Carbon Fiber only cosmetic or does it serve a purpose such as heat reduction?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by lexaltezza
I'm curious too.

I have one installed on my car, it's worth every penny. The looks alone are worth the price of admission. While cruising at 40-60 mph and puching it I used to have a split second of hesitation before the power kicked in, now with the VRP airbox installed I have instant response no matter how fast I stab the throttle. I might also add that I did do some limited testing at the drag strip and if my memory serves me correctly I ran consistantly .070-.100faster with this airbox over my stock set-up.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Hey Jim!!! So glad you are enjoying it.. I am moving forward on the engine program we talked about.. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Originally Posted by jrcart
I have one installed on my car, it's worth every penny. The looks alone are worth the price of admission. While cruising at 40-60 mph and puching it I used to have a split second of hesitation before the power kicked in, now with the VRP airbox installed I have instant response no matter how fast I stab the throttle. I might also add that I did do some limited testing at the drag strip and if my memory serves me correctly I ran consistantly .070-.100faster with this airbox over my stock set-up.